SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Report games that need their timer changed here!
jeremy02
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:31 am   Report games that need their timer changed here!

If the game(s) you play dont make you wait to click another of that type of link, put the name of the game here.

Aim address updated.
Last edited by Metalteo on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total  

Tigven
n00b

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:34 pm   

I'm sure darkwars doesn't need even one second betweem two clicks, so you can put the timer to 10 second or something like that...

AndyB
n00b

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:45 pm   

WW3(s0n0.net) has no minimum.

jeremy02
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:14 am   

I think Fondu has been away lately. Maybe Yarold will do it in the morning.

Aim address updated.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:59 pm   

DAOW (Dark Age of Wythia) doesn't need a timer. 30 seconds or 1 minute would be enough, to give people time to click the matching number.

Fondu
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:57 pm   

Dark Wars and s0n0 (WWIII) are now 10 second timers.

DAoW is now a 30 second timer.

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:53 am   

About all the games with changed timers, whenever you click a link like DAOW twice, you still get the "You need to wait 5 mins between clicks" message. Perhaps it should be changed to something like "You need to wait for the timer for this to complete" or "You still need to wait for this type of link's timer to end"? Just something I noticed. :)

BlunTHC
n00b

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:47 am   

hmmmm i dont exactly play this game but "yarold.ath.cx" are left over from all the other link clicking. i am wondering if u can shorten the time on that link to like 1 min or so. just wondering :\ :?: :(

Justin

Arrowiette
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:21 am   

That one use to be SWrpg, but seems like their having problems, so their using Yarold's server and it needs 5 mins to get clicks like most games.

Therefore the timer cannot be changed

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:50 pm   

Games don't have their timer changed, to make it easier for you to click the links. The timers got changed, because those games don't need timer.

Please if you don't play a game, don't ask for the timers to be changed.

shotgunna
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:52 am   

MOMT(Masters of Medieval Times) doesn't need a timer. Maybe 30 seconds so they click the link to continue.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:12 am   

Timers for MOMT have been changed

pokecal
n00b

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:26 pm   

WorldDom (http://www.worlddomonline.com) doesn't need a timer, I know because I play it.

http://www.thedawnoftime.com/recruit.php?id=3148
http://www.thugbuilder.net

Olala
Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:17 am   They haven't been changed yet...

Hey... the timer for MOMT (Master Of Medival Times) haven't been changed yet.. It is 2 min now and i think thta is to much.. It would be nice if you could put it down a bit..
Greetings Olala... :D

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:47 am   

For MOMT links you need to wait 60 seconds between clicking, the 60 sec. starts after you clicked the proceed link.

Timers for MOMT are already on 80 sec. I'm not going to put them any lower then that or users would have too many misclicks.

Olala
Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:48 pm   Okey...

Okey then.. I got nothing to say to that...
:)

thoron
Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:35 am   MOMT

I CAN say something to that...
Been playing MoMT for four ages.. (2 years)

The timers at MoMT dont allow a single user IE: "thoron".. (me) to have their individual link clicked faster than described...so, if I am clicked, my personal link can't be clicked AGAIN without delay, thats true...
HOWEVER:: you can click a different link thoron, Olala, ect. as fast as you can click them. with zero time delays. I can click all 15 team players in about 1 minute.

Since Yarold's removes clicked links from the link chain, unless there are two people trying to click the same link at the same time (does that happen often? maybe it does) it does "occasionally" happen at the game site. There really is no time delay required. But, Im not sure how yarolds works internally... so..

I have already experienced missed clicks here at Yaolds for people at MoMT due to their personal link already having been recently clicked (internaly, not from Yarold's). This is totally out of Yarolds control. Since I pop up a new window when I click, I simply push that window to the side , refresh a little later to complete the click for our players.

If you have the ability, try it out... you will find i am correct,

thoron

killmaster
n00b

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:43 pm   

ummm.... i think all links clicked should have that thing at the bottom saying "Visit this site while we count your activity." because it's easy for ppl to just "X" off that window before the link is counted ie sono and it's cheter check takes awile for the link to be processed. just a sugjestion though.

buckwheat88
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:27 pm   

killmaster wrote:
ummm.... i think all links clicked should have that thing at the bottom saying "Visit this site while we count your activity." because it's easy for ppl to just "X" off that window before the link is counted ie sono and it's cheter check takes awile for the link to be processed. just a sugjestion though.

Not all links can have the "visit this site...." option. The sites that have cheater checks can't because the site percieves framed windows as cheaters. Also, links that don't require second clicks, such as Samurai War and The Dawn of Time shouldn't have the "visit this site" thing because right when you click the link it counts it (in most cases). Good suggestion though, just can't really be done easily.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:34 pm   

Links like samuraiwar, outwar and The Dawn of Time will not load in a frame. That's why they don't have frames, not because they don't need a second click.

All links do load in a frame by default, only those that don't work in a frame have it removed.

thoron wrote:
I CAN say something to that...
Been playing MoMT for four ages.. (2 years)

The timers at MoMT dont allow a single user IE: "thoron".. (me) to have their individual link clicked faster than described...so, if I am clicked, my personal link can't be clicked AGAIN without delay, thats true...
HOWEVER:: you can click a different link thoron, Olala, ect. as fast as you can click them. with zero time delays. I can click all 15 team players in about 1 minute.

Since Yarold's removes clicked links from the link chain, unless there are two people trying to click the same link at the same time (does that happen often? maybe it does) it does "occasionally" happen at the game site. There really is no time delay required. But, Im not sure how yarolds works internally... so..

I have already experienced missed clicks here at Yaolds for people at MoMT due to their personal link already having been recently clicked (internaly, not from Yarold's). This is totally out of Yarolds control. Since I pop up a new window when I click, I simply push that window to the side , refresh a little later to complete the click for our players.

If you have the ability, try it out... you will find i am correct,

thoron

This is what I got from MOMT when clicking a link just now.

Quote:
Sorry but the links can only be clicked once every minute, please try again in 60 seconds.

Reply to topic