SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Banned?
Kaii 
n00b

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:24 am   Banned?

Just logged in today to update my links and its now saying "Connections from this IP are forbidden" - I assume this means I've been banned?

We've just moved house and we're having issues with the internet dropping every time someone phones the house (the cattery business is attached to the house so the phone rings a lot during the day); we've had various BT engineers out trying to fix the line (issue still ongoing).

Am I banned? Is this why? I assume my IP resets on occasion when the router reconnects? I honestly have only the vaguest idea what's what's going on as I'm not very clued in on IPs and general internet stuffs. It's a bit of a blow to get blocked here after dealing with the last month of terrible internet that we still haven't been able to fix (something about the noise to signal ratio being too low = router disconnects when the phone lines in use). Also disconnects when the router decides the signal to noise ratio is bad, or well...it just disconnects randomly all day and runs horribly slow (hence my lowish activity recently).

I don't use proxies; we have changed router/microfilters a number of times trying to fix the phone/internet issue. Most times I'd only click through the dynasty once a day anyhow because I don't have time to do it more than once a day. If you look at the amounts I'm doing per day they're generally quite low so using a proxy would be pointless when I could just click more links (if I'm understanding how that even works correctly).

Is it possible to appeal a ban in this circumstance, or am I out of luck? Or am I not actually banned but something else? I like to mess around on various click sites and without Yarolds the majority are basically unplayable. :(

Confused and looking for help,
Kaii

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:39 am   

Hey kaii,

You are not banned, the IP was. Hopefully the issue is fixed.

Side note, if you are using DSL tell the techs to install a central line filter. That should stop the phone killing the net issue

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Kaii 
n00b

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:40 am   

Thank you very much for the quick response - was worried there! :)

Reply to topic