SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Quick question
AnanoKimi 
n00b

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:58 am   Quick question

So I was just curious about something:

See certain links that are can be clicked are not exactly ideal and cause a fair amount if not impossible amount of lag on my computer. Now I avoid these as best as I can but it makes clicking hard sometimes when seemingly 70%-90% of the links that show up are links I cannot open without risking poor performance from my browser/laptop.

Now my question is this, is there a way to filter what links show up at all and if there is, then is this a VIP or paid member kind of thing? Or are these kind of filters just not part of the website?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:45 pm   

when you click links on yarold, you need Adblock Plus for your browser.
best browser to use is mozilla firefox, the ad block U need for the different browsers you can find in this forum part click here to see some info

karamel 
Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:13 pm   

AdBlock Plus and FlashBlock are absolute must-haves if you're going to click regularly. (FlashBlock helps with the city/village links like MyMiniCity; AdBlock generally helps all around. You can disable both of these add-ons when you're not clicking if you'd prefer it that way.)

As for your question, unfortunately there's no way of filtering websites and choosing what websites you want to show up. There's a way to filter out the 'action' links (i.e. links that require further action for your click to actually be of use to the user--e.g. Egg Cave creatures require feeds), but not individual websites. D:

AnanoKimi 
n00b

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 am   

Well that is a shame. I dislike having to hop past certain links because I know they will absolutely ruing my laptop but this advice is great and I will look into both items mentioned. I would personally find it useful if something such as filtering was a thing though I doubt it is in as high demand as I feel it should be. Thank you very much for this advice.

Reply to topic