SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Banned?
stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 am   Banned?

It seems that my account has been banned for two weeks, but I don't understand why this would be. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I haven't broken any rules. I only have (and have only ever had) one account, my IP address shouldn't have changed at all recently for any reason, I'm a regular clicker, and my links are all to magistream, valley of unicorns and dragon cave.

The site was down for some time (giving me an error message and saying that it was an unknown error) and when I went to click when the site came back up, I was told that my account had been banned. It would appear that the account was banned some time after I clicked "open all" because the first three or four links loaded, and then the rest of them said that I was banned.

I can't come up with any reason that my account should have been banned and thought this might have been a glitch related to the down-time of the site, but it looks as though I'm the only one in my dynasty who was banned :-/

Any help?

ETA: My apologies, this is obviously in the wrong forum. I couldn't see the other forum at the time that I went to post. I think I was loading a cached version from before I registered for the forum. Oops. Again, I'm sorry.

singingbadger 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am   

I just had the same thing happen...just got home from a funeral, logged on and pulled up my first batch of Dynasty tabs (I had clicked all morning with no problems) - as happened to you, after the first few tabs I started getting void tabs saying account banned. At first I thought it referred to the the tabs' accounts but I soon found otherwise.
I have one account under one email on my only computer - though a couple of weeks ago I was also logging on from one where I work, but as far as I know using more than one IP isn't a problem. I checked my email, there is no notice of any issue...

..."My goldfish kicked the bucket."

stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:49 am   

When I first posted this I'd not been able to see the "banned" forum because my browser apparently loaded a cached version of the page from before I was logged in. Oops.

Having checked there, it seems that we're not alone. Go look at your dynasty page. There are a lot of banned accounts right now. Is yours just for two weeks as well?

Supernaturalfan 
n00b

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 am   

Wow, I had to create a account on here just because the same thing happened to me as well. As far as I know I didn't do anything wrong, because I've been using this website for the longest time and have had no problems until now. I noticed it was not working earlier, so when it finally came back I clicked on the "open all" link and all of a sudden I get this "You are banned" saying and I'm like what did I do wrong? So, I'm really hoping this is all a big misunderstanding!

singingbadger 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 am   

Yes, until 1/27...I messaged a mod I am getting acquainted with on the clickside, hopefully she can find out what is wrong.

UPDATE - Go look - mine just reveresed itself! Check yours!

stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 am   

Mine's still banned :(

Supernaturalfan 
n00b

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:04 am   

stormiecub wrote:
Mine's still banned :(

So is mine!

singingbadger 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 am   

false alarm, it flipped briefly when I reloaded the page but went right back when I tried to click. This in from my mod friend - "I am too XD the site went down and something happened when it came back up a lot of us are banned, they are working on it so just relax :) " - so it's not us, and they are working on it.

stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:08 am   

Is clicking triggering something that's causing us to become banned then? I mean, it's not possible to be banned for clicking too much, is it? I rely heavily on this place. Too much so, I'd say.

The part about 'no more links to click' happens to me too often. I usually just take breaks haha

Supernaturalfan 
n00b

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 am   

singingbadger wrote:
false alarm, it flipped briefly when I reloaded the page but went right back when I tried to click. This in from my mod friend - "I am too XD the site went down and something happened when it came back up a lot of us are banned, they are working on it so just relax :) " - so it's not us, and they are working on it.

I thought it might have been a mix-up, but thanks for letting us know about this!

singingbadger 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 am   

No, something glitched and crashed the site, and the same glitch is messing with a lot of accounts (I looked, and it seems totally random). We aren't actually banned, the coding has just gone temporarily mad.

I did almost 6k clicks one day, I don't think "too much clicking" is major issue. there WAS talk about taxing people who accumulate too much credit without offering links for others to click, but that's nothing to do with this.

Last edited by singingbadger on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total  

stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:14 am   

Wow. That's a lot of clicking. I think my highest ever was 5000 or so clicks, and that's almost constantly clicking. Firefox is so slow for me in general that I can't manage that and let the pages fully load :-/

Also, I almost always have at least six links for people to click back, but often wish we could do more than 20 lol

singingbadger 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 am   

I keep a paper list of individual link numbers and rotate them under the appropriate prefixes, works OK. When I hit that high I was working on someone else's comp which was lightyears faster than my cranky old toy, lol.

UPDATE - it looks like it's REALLY fixed now (in from my mod friend) - go try, and spread the word.

stormiecub 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 am   

Thank you, thank you, thank you mods! <3

Supernaturalfan 
n00b

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 am   

stormiecub wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you mods! <3

Couldn't have said it better myself!

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 am   

Sorry for that. Issue fixed

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic