SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
chose if links can be clicked "automatically".
Zupprika 
n00b

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm   chose if links can be clicked "automatically".

So, here's the thing : Kingdom of Knuffel links have to be clicked "manually" right now, since there's an action to do (feed/play), most of the time.
I put KofK links, and there is NO action to do AT ALL. It automatically feeds/plays with the adoptable.

So, I feel like my links (and the links of everyone doing like me) should be part of the fast clickable links, that are opened when we click "open all".

That's why I though that we could maybe chose, when we put our links up, wether we want them as "fast clickables" or not.

I think this problem exists as well for any site where we can put either profiles (needs additionnal clicks) or individual pets (doesn't need additional clicks). I think it would benefit everybody to be able to chose.

Would it be possible to have a feature like this ?

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 am   

When an admin and moderator look at the links and ok the link or not, if there is an additional action that needs to be done there is an automatic YES that will apply to that link....or the admin or moderator will add it.

You are saying that KOfK links do not need actions now, or some do and some don't?
If all KOfK links were the same, then we could take off the action part, and change it to a NO. Unfortunately, if not everyone is using the same link, then we cannot do this.

Unless, DJ and Rozz have a way of coding around it ;)

Zupprika 
n00b

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm   

Well, it's not for every link on the site, unfortunately...
But it's the same as for other sites : if you put your profile, the creatures don't get points...

That's why my suggestion was about a little box that we could tick or something, to "chose" how we want our link to be clicked.

I don't know about credit taxes, but it feels like I lose my credits way faster than with an "automatic click". If there's a taxe difference or something, I don't think it's really fair, because I put up more links (I have 2 per creature) so that no additionnal click is needed ;(

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 am   

Zupprika wrote:
because I put up more links (I have 2 per creature) so that no additionnal click is needed ;(

You put up 2 links per creature? So each creature gets clicked twice?

Zupprika 
n00b

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:04 pm   

Dustydragon wrote:
You put up 2 links per creature? So each creature gets clicked twice?

There are 2 different actions to do with critters on the site, and instead of giving 1 link to a profile, it is possible to "pre-order" the actions so that a simple click on the link is enough, which implies having more links.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 am   

KofK is an action link but it can be set up showing an individual knuffel so it doesn't need any action, it can get it if a kind user clicks the link and wants to give additional feed/play therefor it is still an action link and as you say if the user show the play/feed list it's also an action link.

It's a little like Valenths that can be shown to not need an action or as one that needs you to choose what item to feed - its the link holders choice how to show the link and therefor not possible to code as either/or action /or not.

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm   

I have noticed that some want to be 'played' with and some don't ;)
That makes sense...

Sorry for the late reply....RL (gets in the way sometimes) :)

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm   

If a knuffel don't want to be played with or fed it's either because the bar is full or (more likely) that it hasn't been 20 seconds since it was last played with or fed so if you wait a little you can probably give the click ;)

Reply to topic