FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
update 14.05.12
DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:50 am   update 14.05.12

After some comments relating to the update that allowed dynasties to grow to 75, namely the following

Ferrari wrote:
New members automatically choose the highest dynasty, but because that dynasty was always full, other dynastys get a change to grow, that chance is gone now.
I think it's an unfair situation

A couple of changes went through.
1. newly registered members will have a small tag in front of their name saying (drumroll........) new!

2. click the registered members link on the left on the main site & you will find a new column titled registered! You can sort that to show the newest registered members first!

Click here if thats too hard

Up to the dynasties now to use that information to its potential

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 pm   

Ok.... I always complain when I dont like updates so......

I want to tell now, this is a great, gigantic, overwhelming update, oke i am overdo lol, but I think I said enough. :lol:

Bengel 
Gamer

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:52 pm   

Sorry to bring the what?

Fair play is a number of members with 75 in the Dynasty just not possible! :evil:

The first 3 are thus always at an advantage!

The other dynasties have only members that have been thrown out by the first three due to inaction!

Where this is fair play?

Fair play for me would be a limit to a maximum of 60 members :!:

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 pm   

That update is really great :wink:

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:17 am   

Bengel wrote:
Sorry to bring the what?

Fair play is a number of members with 75 in the Dynasty just not possible! :evil:

The first 3 are thus always at an advantage!

The other dynasties have only members that have been thrown out by the first three due to inaction!

Where this is fair play?

Fair play for me would be a limit to a maximum of 60 members :!:
I beg to differ. 2 years ago this July, (July 10th 2010) wolfpack was brand new and newly started, as a two man team. With a lot of hard work and sweat Lonewolf and I brought wolfpack to 2nd place overall ranking in March 1st 2011. We've since pretty much held the position steady more or less, losing 2nd place overall ranking sometimes but never for long, fought back and re-claimed 2nd place. Climbed up and beat seasoned clickers and now we have 68 members. Anyone can build a strong dynasty. All it takes is determination and hard work. I spent much time recruiting and building my dynasty.

Bengel 
Gamer

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
I beg to differ. 2 years ago this July, (July 10th 2010) wolfpack was brand new and newly started, as a two man team. With a lot of hard work and sweat Lonewolf and I brought wolfpack to 2nd place overall ranking in March 1st 2011. We've since pretty much held the position steady more or less, losing 2nd place overall ranking sometimes but never for long, fought back and re-claimed 2nd place. Climbed up and beat seasoned clickers and now we have 68 members. Anyone can build a strong dynasty. All it takes is determination and hard work. I spent much time recruiting and building my dynasty.

I will not belittle you and your work diligently.
I have great respect for it.
But do look at the eyes, then you will see in which dynasties the yellow "new" banner shine.
The swell to 75 members only the first 3 Dynastyen uses!
You pick the best out of the poor are kicked. These then stay left for the smaller dynasties.
What is the point of making a game where the rules are made ​​only for the 3 big ones?
If the smaller Dynastyen have absolutely no chance of achieving at least 3rd place?
Think again about your opinion.
However, if you believe your own interest to insist, here's my suggestion:
Expanded but the number of members to 150, then the first 3 play all by herself!

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 am   

my point is wolfpack used to be at the bottom of the ladder, behind ubc, busters, net freaks, mini ming and j4f and yes even immc at one point.

Based on your explanation, a small dynasty with such low ranking would have a hard time of expanding in size and growing if we just relied on spontaneous joiners. We didn't sit back and wait for people to join us. Instead we went out and mailed those not in a dynasty and asked them to join us. It took 7 months of hard recruiting, mailing by lonewolf and I and our helpful shoguns to members not in a dyn in main. We trained our newly taught members to be teachers when we felt they were ready. They went out eager to help the team and recruited their own friends. And we grew to size 59. My current kampaku? I went and recruited her from another site i met her in. it's up to the emps and leadership to mentor and teach their members to be the very best. I picked up a member that was a multi dyn reject and now? She's one of my good clickers. All it takes is time, teaching, mailing and recruiting. You guys could have done the same.

This new update has made it easier for you to recruit.

Spexarcity 
International MMC alliance mod

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
my point is wolfpack used to be at the bottom of the ladder, behind ubc, busters, net freaks, mini ming and j4f and yes even immc at one point.

Based on your explanation, a small dynasty with such low ranking would have a hard time of expanding in size and growing. We were once as small as you were as hard as it is to imagine. We didn't sit back and wait for people to join us. Instead we went out and mailed those not in a dynasty and asked them to join us. It took 7 months of hard recruiting, mailing by lonewolf and I and our helpful shoguns to members not in a dyn in main. And we grew to size 59. My current kampaku? I went and recruited her from another site i met her in. it's up to the emps and leadership to mentor and teach their members to be the very best. I picked up a member that was a multi dyn reject and now? She's one of decent good clickers. All it takes is time, determination and teaching. Not merging, not lazyness but hard work in teaching new members.

Ok, we merged with J4Fun, but we were not lazy, tried to recrute members as well, but most of them joined the big dynasties. That is fact.
And I wished, the limit of allies we are allowed to have, 400 as you know, would change like the limit of the dynasty members...

Ok, rose, you have edited your posting. Thank you.
So did I now as well.
I didn't like the word "lazy" in it at all.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 am   

really??

we make an update that makes it easier for some people to find new members & maybe, if they are motivated enough, maybe offer them a place to hang out & contribute too & some of you find a way to make it all about the big dynasties (again). Someone play me a violin.

Ask yourself this, why are there so many new members in the top few dynasties?? From my dynasties perspective, each & every new member gets a welcome mail with an offer to learn how to get the best from yarolds & an offer to join us if they like the way we operate (A copy of that mail was given to & shared freely to any Emp that asked for it in the past).

How many recruit mails a day do you send out bengel?? Remember Bengel, The Mob was also once a small dynasty & as an Emp I can certainly appreciate whats required to make a smaller dynasty, bigger. This idea to clearly show everyone who new members are was my idea to make it simpler & fairer to smaller dynasties to recruit. Spend your energy recruiting & training instead of big dynasty bashing rants & im certain you will help your dynasty grow big.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:37 pm   

I agree the 400 must be 450, 400 is not enough now the big Dynastys have 75 members, we must kick allies we have for really long time, thats not FUN, please update the 400 max

cartes 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm   

A couple of changes went through.
1. newly registered members will have a small tag in front of their name saying (drumroll........) new!

my question is how long will stay that new tagg in front of their name ?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 pm   

I asked that in mail also to a admin, but no answer, I want to know that also..

cartes 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm   

yes because a few members in my team asked my when it will vanish

Bengel 
Gamer

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
really??

we make an update that makes it easier for some people to find new members & maybe, if they are motivated enough, maybe offer them a place to hang out & contribute too & some of you find a way to make it all about the big dynasties (again). Someone play me a violin.

The update of the banners for new members so far ok
But it is not the real problem. The problem I see is simply the enlargement to 75 members. By this extension, but will benefit only the 3 largest dynasties

Quote:
Ask yourself this, why are there so many new members in the top few dynasties?? From my dynasties perspective, each & every new member gets a welcome mail with an offer to learn how to get the best from yarolds & an offer to join us if they like the way we operate (A copy of that mail was given to & shared freely to any Emp that asked for it in the past).

This is still a very weak argument!
A new member gets 10 dynasties as junk mail. Which post he will prefer it? He will go to 99% of the Dynasty, the first on the Place is. And why, because he wants to be among the winners. Only when there is no more room, he goes to number 2 or 3 Unless he gets a large sum of loan as a welcome gift offered by a smaller Dynasty.
And if you believe me nothing, then simply count the yellow "new" banner in your Dynasty.
It may you stand on the point of view, all Dynastyen from 4th place down would be too stupid, too lazy or too incompetent to recruit members.

Quote:
How many recruit mails a day do you send out bengel?? Remember Bengel, The Mob was also once a small dynasty & as an Emp I can certainly appreciate whats required to make a smaller dynasty, bigger. This idea to clearly show everyone who new members are was my idea to make it simpler & fairer to smaller dynasties to recruit. Spend your energy recruiting & training instead of big dynasty bashing rants & im certain you will help your dynasty grow big

It's not here is to make the 3 major Dynastyen bad or diminish their performance order individually. It's just here to make just about clear, that is quite clear by the dynasty of the bloat size, smaller Dynastyen at a disadvantage and have absolutely no chance of getting out of 4th place ..
How big was your Dynasty and how did you come to a greater number of top members, I will not comment here. You know that perfectly well, and I know it from bitter experience, and certainly even your former confidante, who has since fallen into disfavor well;-)

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 pm   

World of Magic dynasty, currently #7, with 15 "new" members.

That makes your long long post invalid and untrue Bengel.

Spexarcity 
International MMC alliance mod

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 pm   

Quote:
Allied with 16 dynasties, total 408 members (including own dynasty)
You are allowed to have alliances at most with 400 members, which is -8 members more.

And what about my suggestion to make changes in the dynasty-limits?
If we recrute joiners, we cannot accept without breaking true allies, we had for a very long time.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:30 am   

spex, we should choose, or recruit new members or remain faithful to our alliance, I think our alliance earned our trust. without them we were not where we are now.
But the problem is, our allies take 75 members in dynasty, so that means we have to drop allies, while we do not even want that!!!!.
So better not recruit members because we must drop more allies, and we have good alliance........
I hope the max 400 will get higher, than we can recruit new members, just my opinion............

Bengel 
Gamer

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 am   

Yarold wrote:
World of Magic dynasty, currently #7, with 15 "new" members.

That makes your long long post invalid and untrue Bengel.

Too bad you did not recognize the overall problem, I refer you also equal to the post of Spexarcity.
I will not even argue.
I have put forward my arguments, too bad that they fall on deaf ears and be taken seriously.
It will give me no more post on this topic!

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am   

We already ended alliance with 3 dynastys this morning, just because the big dynastys grow to fast, I think this is not good, also not for the small dynastys, the small dynastys could not find allies anymore this way.
We have to break another ally now but the big fishes will eat our free space immediately.
So why send recruit mailes, when we have no place???
We need a new limit for allies urgently!!!

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 am   

Bengel, your argument & point were heard, they didnt fall on deaf ears. Its just the facts show a very different picture to what you paint!

World of Magic Founded 31 st march 2012 Nearly everyone of those members in there are new to the since since they founded (they have 53 members)

Magistreamers Delight Founded 2nd april 2012 Same story as above (38 members)

By your reasoning thats 91 members that bypassed the top dynasty or two to join a dynasty in 3rd or 4th?? (WoM is 7th MSD is 11th, they were even lower than that when they started. Makes your argument about who & how people join what dynasties based on rank rather wrong)

As Ferrari pointed out, its a dynasties choice to recruit or not for whatever reason. I can only summise from what Ferrari has said is she would rather keep the allies her dynasty has than grow her dynasty. For you Bengel, your in her dynasty & she is chosing allies over growth (as is the right of every Emp to do so).

Back on topic. Thankyou to all those that appreciate the update & the ability it gives to identify new users for you to recruit should you choose too

Reply to topic