SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Question about MagiStream links.
Winter 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:53 pm   Question about MagiStream links.

I'm a bit confused about something, or maybe I just don't understand it very well and someone can explain/help me out.

I set limits on my magistream links to stop clicks on them after the creature hatches, but it seems like a lot of clicks are not registering. When players who are not signed into a MagiStream account click MagiStream links, they show up as Annon on the creature's page, and when I check my limit I see that clicks are being used, but no clicks are being registered on the pet itself.

I even tried just small tests (limit set to 10) and when they were all used up, only 3 to 4 clicks had registered on the pet's page. This is obviously an issue since it taking WAY more credits/clicks to grow a creature then it should. It's been happening for a while, but I just tested it out with smaller samples today to make sure of what I was seeing.

Is there a reason this is happening or anything I can do to fix it?

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:56 pm   

I play Magistream as well...so I know what you are saying by checking to see who is clicking them.
I am wondering if someone has all ready clicked the pet today(maybe through the Gold Mine or elsewhere), but not yet on Yarold's then maybe that could be the cause?
Those people still get the credit for clicking through Yarold's, as they haven't clicked your link yet here.

Winter 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:12 pm   

Logically that is a possibility, but brand new eggs aren't in any gold mines yet, and while some missing clicks could be chance or some other factor, having a large percentage of missing clicks seems more along the lines of an error or some other mess up.

I just tried it again with a new egg - I set a limit of 10 clicks, and came back a half hour later. The limit had been reached and the link removed, yet only 3 clicks were registered on the creature's page. Last night I set a new egg to have a limit of 190 clicks, and each click *should* have raised the egg 1.24 percent, and it still wasn't hatched when the clicks ran out. The credits are getting deducted, but the clicks aren't making it there. After speaking on the magistream forums it seems like other people are missing clicks as well.

Maybe the page isn't loading all the way or people are closing them too fast? Like it's loading enough to get Yarolds credit, but not loading enough for it to register on magistream. :/ I don't know.

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:16 pm   

That does seem strange.....I don't know either. I am sure DemonicJ will look into that for you ASAP ;)

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 am   

Can it be because some people close the tab before the link completely loads?

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 am   

Winter wrote:
and each click *should* have raised the egg 1.24 percent,

I have spoken to Tristan about this a few times. The issue is game based. If clicks come in too fast they dont count & if too often you dont get the full 'value' of a click. Its not a specific yarold issue (or any other site), however it is something the game owner 'built in'

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Winter 
Gamer

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 pm   

Well, that's crappy. Maybe more MagiStream players need to being this up with Tristan in the hopes that he will change it. I could understand those stopgap measures when click exchanges weren't allowed, but now that he's decided to allow use of Yarolds, keeping them in place is a hindrance to MagiStream players.

Thank you for letting me know!

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm   

"If clicks come in too fast they dont count"....so isn't this why we had the timer up?

Winter 
Gamer

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 pm   

Dustydragon wrote:
"If clicks come in too fast they dont count"....so isn't this why we had the timer up?

Actually, that's a very good question. I know there are a LOOOOOOT of magistream links, so having a time for them would be annoying, but better that then not having clicks count.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 am   

As you have experienced from zooreka links, which have the same issue as magistream links regarding clicks not registering, a timer will not work. We still got that annoying popup. Zooreka links used to have a timer, but has since been removed. If someone shows their zooreka link in an HH flashflood, person still does not get the full amount of clicks they gain to their links but instead will annoy fellow members doing HH. All a timer will do in ms's case is annoy the heck out of fellow yarolds players and not do a lick of good for the ms link owners.

Old thread by mushpark : http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6063

we know from past history a timer will not work on this type of restriction, so please don't suggest we put a useless timer that will not solve a thing for ms players but only serve to annoy everyone on yarolds with the sheer amount of timer links.

Winter 
Gamer

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
we know from past history a timer will not work on this type of restriction

Obviously we *didn't* know, or I don't think Dusty would have brought it up. So the suggestion wasn't useless. There's no reason to be so defensive and derogatory when someone is just trying to solve an obvious issue.

Reply to topic