SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Chatroom???
jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:26 pm   Chatroom???

All this time I mised a possiblity to contact all mine dynasty members.

We have 40 mail (that great), chatroom and forum but many members don't read mails (esspecialy new members) and don't go in chatroom or forum :(

It's possible to make as facebook it have, we click and automaticly read new post under or over of the site?

That should be automaticly there and no one should can delete it.

And that every dynasty members can write there.

So it's very easy for leadership to managed dynasty, probably would be best update.

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:53 pm   

maybe thats a way, but I dont think so, cause the members that doesnt read mail (which pop up too(without the text)) are not worth to be in the dyn -- most the time!
weak clickers or two of three days offline or something like that...

They decide it to ignore the mails, I think, so they wont change anything if you would print it out on their printer ;)

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm   

I don't think so, we have members what all very active of clicking but inactive in mailing :sad:
Just some go in forum and no one go in chatroom.
Also for me such a updae will be a big help!

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm   

Hi Senad nice to see you back :smile:

Like Whenonlagain, I don't think other means of communication would help. Some members doesn't understand English and choose to ignore all mails and some really don't want any contact.
It's really hard work to build a chat room you need to have someone there 24/7 so no one go to an empty room and constantly invite the members to use it.

SlipVayne 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 pm   

I think what he is suggesting is a "live" messaging system where messages appear instantly on the page once you receive one. Not only would this require lots of work, but also lots of overhead (a separate server just to process these chat requests or the website will slow down dramatically, the software to control it, and the bandwidth to keep a constant connection with all the members logged in). Unless you're willing to pay for all that, I doubt it's going to happen. This could be semi-achieved using AJAX but that also requires lots of bandwidth and processing power for all the requests.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm   

SlipVayne wrote:
I think what he is suggesting is a "live" messaging system where messages appear instantly on the page once you receive one. Not only would this require lots of work, but also lots of overhead (a separate server just to process these chat requests or the website will slow down dramatically, the software to control it, and the bandwidth to keep a constant connection with all the members logged in). Unless you're willing to pay for all that, I doubt it's going to happen. This could be semi-achieved using AJAX but that also requires lots of bandwidth and processing power for all the requests.

Yes, that what I mean!!
But I don't know this is so complicated.
Than is normally that this is not feasible, unfortunately :cry:

Reply to topic