SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Why play FutureRP?
Symphony 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:34 am   Why play FutureRP?

I'm going to add a bit more information on FRP (FutureRP), as I know a lot of you people dislike the links. So maybe it has steered you away from the game. I myself hate the links, but once I played the game, I took the time to give players their clicks.

FutureRP is a browser MMORPG. It uses turns as an energy system. Turns are required to attack in a map, attack players, cast buffs/debuffs, and to start Raids with your guild. Your default "Max Turn Capacity" will be 1,500 when you start. As for "Turns Per Hour", I'm not entirely sure. You can gain more "Turns Per Hour" by wearing items that increase the stat; Or by purchasing either 100, 250, or 500 "Base Turns Per Hour". Trust me on this, 500 base turns per hour makes almost anything you do limitless. You will have more turns than you know what to do with. To increase your "Max Turn Capacity", you may only buy more from the Upgrade Center. You can buy 2,500, or 3,500 "Max Turns". Which is another one of those great upgrades that makes things much easier. It is an "energy" based game, yes, but purchasing these upgrades gives you almost unlimited turns to work with. These are only two of the many Upgrades available.
The game features two types of Points or currency (other than Credits, which is money. Points are the "premium" currency), which are "Normal Points" and "Free Points". Normal points are purchased with real money, or gained every week if you are a Preferred Player. Normal points can be used for everything that requires points. Free points are gained for Achievements. Currently the only way is by reaching daily attack "Objectives". Free Points can be used in the Upgrade Center only. Ways to gain "Normal Points", other than purchasing them with money, is via "Point Trading", where you buy them from other players with Credits earned by attacking NPC, or by "Point Raffle". Many players and Guilds often hold Tournaments and Tourneys where they award players with Normal Points. Basically, even if you don't "pay and play", you can still buy what you want.

Ways to gain EXP consist of MANY areas to explore. Attacking either players or "NPC". Did I mention you can create your OWN maps? Well, you can :mrgreen:
You can also create your own custom items!
Giving the game almost unlimited variations of items and areas to explore.

You can also join Guilds, or create your own. Fighting for the top spot. With your Guild you can join raids, each player that joins helps the amount of "power" your Guild has during the raid. If you have more power, well, you win! You can form raids on Enemy Guilds, or Boss monsters scattered throughout the Maps. (Which you can create your own Raid Bosses!)

There are many, many, other features available for you to experiment with. Many other things are in development, and due to be released. Things even I, after almost a year of playing, am very, very excited about!

Just recently Cyberkilla (FRP Creator), released a new feature, Badges. Which can be displayed on your profile. Which showcase your achievements! There are a few already available, and a huge list needing to be implemented.

Some include creating your OWN medals to award players. (Something that could only be done through a guild)
More custom content for Preferred Players. (Very cheap to buy)
Guild Wars. (A custom map where you fight for spots on a map, which gives your Guild special perks)
And many more :smile:

We all must remember, this is all being done by one man, Cyberkilla. Even though it's just him giving us content to play with, taking up most of his time, he still finds time to interact and talk with everyone. Never have I talked to the creator of a game, and have them actually respond, and give tips on things. A few players have even influenced his decisions! He's just a cool guy :mrgreen:

I will be showing you a few Screenshots of what the game actually looks like. This is only a few images.

I will probably update this post as I think of more things to explain, or give details on.

Feel free to post or message me on any questions you may have, or request details on things. You can always find me playing FutureRP, and always talk to me from the in-game Chat that is available. You are always free to ask me questions... and I will always try my best to answer them!

My player profile:

My Guild Profile:

World Maker:

My Place Listing

Inside the Map

Item Maker:

Upgrade Center:

Reply to topic