38%  [ 7 ]
I don't care because I'm a sheep
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 18
Total Votes: 18

SlipVayne 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 am   HAT...

So ever since the HAT time has changed from 4 hours to just 30 minutes (an 87.5% decrease if my math is correct, which I would definitely question because I just hate math so much) it has created lots of frustration for me. I'm not sure what pushed the admins to do this (well, actually, I have heard that the decision was pretty one sided) but it was definitely a step backwards. :evil:

When I take my computer to work I try and open 300-400 links and then head off to do my work. When I return, you guessed it, time is up. Sometimes I'll be home working on my website and decide I want to do some clicking. I get caught up with coding, tv, and before you know it my half an hour is up and I'm mad again. :evil:

Why would you change it from 4 hours to a mere 30 minutes? What was the purpose? Was it truly just to raise my blood pressure? Because that's the only thing it has done so far. :evil:

When I asked ONE admin, the answer I got was that the "genuine" members won't have a problem with it. :neutral: Am I not a genuine member? What exactly makes a member "genuine" ? Do they have to constantly kiss-up to you to be considered genuine? Because that's not something I will do, I have a mind of my own you know. :roll:

For now, I am simply disabling all links that require further action, and anyone who doesn't like this change should do so too. I want to click your link, I really do, but I simply won't because it just aggravates me too much when I miss the HAT. Maybe more "non-genuine" members will come out and decide they don't like this change either.

On another note, questioning your members "authenticity" doesn't exactly make them feel welcome. I have never received such an inconsiderate response from an administrator on any website or service. :!:

Symphony 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 am   

I agree with what he's saying. Although I haven't this problem because I have all the time to click, I can see where this can become a problem for people who don't, work etc. Or people who just forget they have it open because they are busy with other things. This strict 30 minute limit shouldn't keep people who enjoy clicking, and click everyday like SlipVayne from missing HATS. I know I haven't been here long, but I don't see a point in only allowing a 30 minute limit.

I've also disabled HATS as well.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 am   

in this topic 2 weeks ago ,HAT changed in 30 min also a lot of members complained, I asked also a admin (Demonicj) his answer was, I have no problems with it.
I hate it, every time i am few minutes to late :evil:

orcachick2005 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:53 am   

I think the change was done to discourage people who set up autoclickers and then leave the computer for a few hours, intending to fulfill any HATs that pop up while they are away upon their return. It isn't really to question anyone's authenticity. It's annoying, and I'm the worst at getting distracted while clicking- I've even been known to fall asleep after opening a bunch of links... but I haven't missed any HATs since the change was implemented. That's not to say that everyone else's concerns aren't valid, though. I think an hour limit or even a two hour limit would be more reasonable.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 am   

orcachick2005 wrote:
I think the change was done to discourage people who set up autoclickers

Thats not the reason, I know autoclickers get banned by yarolds, they find them always...

yes 1 hour, maybe 2 is good,I wood be happy with 1 hour...... 30 minutes is to short

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 am   

Hi,

I have the same problem as you @SlipVayne but I dont think its a big problem. I still get enough hats to have it enabled.

And LOL to Ferrari@8:57 --> the whole hat system is against the autoklickers. And that is a thing to make it a bit harder, for sure ;)
"We find them all" is also a nice mood that make me laugh, please can I use that for me in the mobs-joke-contest?

I changed my yarold-workflow from opening all and closing when have time, to opening all links take a look in my profile if there is a new hat on the way do that and close the rest as usual later...
Its a bit more work, but just two clicks ;)
problem solved, no need to change the timer, cause I dont like autoclicker ;)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am   

Ferrari wrote:
I know autoclickers get banned by yarolds, they find them always...

I love your optimism.

SlipVayne wrote:
I'm not sure what pushed the admins to do this (well, actually, I have heard that the decision was pretty one sided)

I am not sure who you heard from or why they would say that, as all admins agreed on the change to HAT timers

SlipVayne wrote:
Do they have to constantly kiss-up to you to be considered genuine

You would have to ask those that kiss-up to admins for that answer.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

borracho 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:27 pm   

Change it back to 2 hours please.

:smile:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:43 pm   

Gesh people if you miss a HAT now and then it's not the end of the world, you still only need 25% passed to see all links.
I say like Whenonlagain it's a good indicator to catch an autoclicker if someone constantly miss the HATs it could be worth a closer look, and for that reason alone I welcome the reduced time cause I detest cheaters.

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 pm   

Since the change I have missed 3 and I am a little perturbed but hey, like Jeanne said it is only 25% that you need and sitting at 85% makes me feel pretty good :)

I ALWAYS get lost in my links due to to double checking all of them, but I do like whenon|again, and open tabs, check to see if I have a HAT, find the HAT if so, do it and then doddle :P

If anything, having the HAT status off to the left with everything would be a useful thing for all of those who are opposed. This way they would know if a HAT had popped up or not ;)

Why not try suggestions instead of trying to make others look bad ;)

Reply to topic