SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
color combination
Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 am   color combination

I have a little hope there is someone who has found the right combination of colors, so that I can see everything clearly.
I like that different links have different colors It breaks up the board and makes it fun.
But because we have lighter colors and darker colors I have trouble finding all of them especially on the dynasty page.
I have played around with background colors and link colors ... its just hard to find a background color that isn't used as one of the link colors as well.
I know I can change background.
I know i can use snaplinks.
The last few years this question is often repeated ,thats why i have a little hope there is someone who has found the right combination of colors..
So have you found a good combination? let me see please.

Few print screens, to let you see how i have the color combination now.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 pm   

I think I have tried all color combination's there are always 1 or more link types that becomes "invisible" :sad:
I still don't understand why they have to have different colors. Why can't all links have same color that can be changed when we change layout?

Milee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:53 am   

I think it would be nice if each day of the week had it's own color for all links. Colors that could easily be seen :???: .

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am   

If my memory is correct, the coloured links were so people could identify links they didnt want to click?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:24 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
If my memory is correct, the coloured links were so people could identify links they didnt want to click?

HUH ??? this one , I dont understand?

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 am   

I dont understand that too - I click all links I see and give my links to anyone who is active, but that one doesnt click mine...

But what about groups of links with same color (virutal, mmc... one group; actionlinks second group; wargames third and stuff; and one for antiville maybe)?

greatings

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am   

Im all for changing the links to set colours.
1 colour for non action
1 colour for action
1 colour for timer non action
1 colour for timer action

4 colours needed ;)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am   

Its totaly unimportant for what links the colors are, the only important thing is that the colors are clearly/good visible/dark colors. No one talks about that we need different colors for different links, that is not the subject.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 am   

Ferrari wrote:
Its totaly unimportant for what links the colors are, the only important thing is that the colors are clearly/good visible/dark colors. No one talks about that we need different colors for different links, that is not the subject.

you sure??

whenonlagain wrote:
But what about groups of links with same color (virutal, mmc... one group; actionlinks second group; wargames third and stuff; and one for antiville maybe)?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am   

ok i change

Its for me totaly unimportant for what links the colors are, the only important thing is that the colors are clearly/good visible/dark colors. No one talks about that we need different colors for different links, that is not my subject.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:51 am   

fair enough for you it isnt important, but another member suggested an alternative & I like the concept. To which I expanded the idea based on how links are actually grouped on the site

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:56 am   

last 3 years a lot members suggested other better colors......I looked in search section 8 times someone made a topic about bad colors.
glad you do finally something with a suggestion. :)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 am   

Like every change here its all up to Yarold himself to agree to it & add it to the main site. As I know he is finishing another project, dont expect this change to happen too soon

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:46 pm   

Quote:
...to agree to it..

huh?

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
Im all for changing the links to set colours.
1 colour for non action
1 colour for action
1 colour for timer non action
1 colour for timer action

I like that idea too

Milee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:31 pm   

It would be okay except that it's not the way I click. I use Snap Links and wouldn't take the time to pick through individual links if I only wanted to open a select color group. Yes, I would be able to see which links were action, non-action, etc., but it wouldn't matter or change the way I click.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 pm   

Milee wrote:
It would be okay except that it's not the way I click. I use Snap Links and wouldn't take the time to pick through individual links if I only wanted to open a select color group. Yes, I would be able to see which links were action, non-action, etc., but it wouldn't matter or change the way I click.

No to me neither but some don't want to click action links on timer if they are in a hurry to get out of the door or click from work where they can't give clicking 100% attention they could risk loosing a HAT.

@ Jay:
I like the suggestion of 4 groups of colors, the less the better it gives more options to change lay out and still see the links (atm I have an ugly blue-ish background, it was the only one I could find where most links are visible)

@Marga
With fewer colors it gives you more options to find a background color that isn't already used.

@Stan
Just agree ehh :wink:

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:31 pm   

Jeanne, you have right, at least as they pick dark colors

Milee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm   

Whatever you guys decide is alright....I'm easy (but not cheap :cool: ).

bantymom 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 pm   

I would love to be able to set my own colors for links. I know this isn't possible, but I want to tell you why.

At work (where I am allowed to do what I wish at lunch), we have a filter that denies access to the content of certain links. I am trying to memorize which links those are, but it would be so much easier if I could assign them a specific color.

However, the 4 categories suggested earlier will at least warn me about the links that will just sit there and be slow, which will be a bit help.

Question: If you use the colors to open only those that require no action, will HATS then not come up? One could then go through all the non-action links and close them all at the same time with no fear of missing a HAT to then be able to give more time to the rest that would require care.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Reply to topic