FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Balancing clicks
bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 pm   

jennielynn wrote:
It seems to me that rather than asking me to add more links to games that I don't play that the people that want more clicks on their links should have to work harder to get help in all of theirs.

I'm not saying that I don't understand what you're saying, I'm saying that I don't agree with it. I've been around for a long time, though I quit for a while due to real life getting in the way of my games and Yarold's becoming a burden on top of it. I don't remember it being about balancing clicks to help others stay positive, it was about helping people out with their games and if I wanted to show more links, I had to work harder to keep up.
So because I play va, valenth, and petadoptables where I need all the slots I have, I need to work harder to keep up? I have no issues with that. I come to happy hours, get clicks . Only problem how can we keep up if people steal our credits and don't show back in exchange? Given the choice of flood of single 2 minute timer link vs a 10 linker that's active with 10 links with no timers. ;) I would pick the 10 linker over the single linkers with 2 minute timers. I don't have the patience to sit there for half an hour just to wait for the timers to run down.

Besides which, happy hour cannot happen if no one showed links. It's a general courtesy if you show up to happy hour to click links, you show back. If you're not gonna bother why bother coming by happy hour?

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:53 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
So because I play va, valenth, and petadoptables where I need all the slots I have, I need to work harder to keep up? I have no issues with that. I come to happy hours, get clicks . Only problem how can we keep up if people steal our credits and don't show back in exchange? Given the choice of flood of single 2 minute timer link vs a 10 linker that's active with 10 links with no timers. ;) I would pick the 10 linker over the single linkers with 2 minute timers. I don't have the patience to sit there for half an hour just to wait for the timers to run down.

Besides which, happy hour cannot happen if no one showed links. It's a general courtesy if you show up to happy hour to click links, you show back. If you're not gonna bother why bother coming by happy hour?

First, I don't show up for happy hour, so at least that isn't an issue with me... Second I guess I'll just start skipping over those who have more than one link so that I'm not stealing any more. Since that's how everyone seems to look see it.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 pm   

Since you play dc, perhaps this analogy can get though. There have been numerous reports of dc fansites failing and not generating enough views. Mostly due to people who take take and never give back. Many start doing it and then we end up with failing click sites that don't work all that well anymore because of some folk that don't give back. With yarolds it's the same thing, take take take and never give back, eventually there will be fewer and fewer links to click as the major link showers can no longer afford to show anything but their main link as there is hardly anything to click anymore.

A Link/click exchange is about giving and taking equally.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Since you play dc, perhaps this analogy can get though. There have been numerous reports of dc fansites failing and not generating enough views. Mostly due to people who take take and never give back. Many start doing it and then we end up with failing click sites that don't work all that well anymore because of some folk that don't give back. With yarolds it's the same thing, take take take and never give back, eventually there will be fewer and fewer links to click as the major link showers can no longer afford to show anything but their main link as there is hardly anything to click anymore.

A Link/click exchange is about giving and taking equally.

First of all, I don't play DCG any more and when I did, I only used Yarold's. Second, your comment was quite rude.

I'm not going to show more links just so others can show more as well. I do not participate in happy hour. I do not play any other games right now, and I'm so tired of the gimme, entitled attitudes of people here.

Everyone and their dogs are VIPs, so they can hide their links except in their dynasties or whatever. Manage your links, just like I did when I did have a bunch of links, and quit acting like spoiled brats.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 pm   

maybe let everyone have his own opinion.... no one is thinking the same about this topic.
thats why there are so many dynastys with different rules.
1 thing is clear for everyone
we are here to show a link, to get a click on that link, and we can only get a click when we click other links.
so when we want 100 clicks on our link we need to click 100 links from other people, thats all

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:27 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
maybe let everyone have his own opinion.... no one is thinking the same about this topic.
thats why there are so many dynastys with different rules.
1 thing is clear for everyone
we are here to show a link, to get a click on that link, and we can only get a click when we click other links.
so when we want 100 clicks on our link we need to click 100 links from other people, thats all

I couldn't say it better ;)

Reply to topic