SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Members Joining Notification....
City of MT 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm   

Wow, you just bumped a thread a year old...

Anyways, give us an option to disable the bar.

Win 500 Credits from contests and games!

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
Would it possible for the yellow bar (which is often mistaken for the mail notification) to only appear once and then go away?

I have another suggestion. Why is the yellow bar telling me about joinings "more useful" than the yellow bar telling me about mails? As shogun I have the "you were hit with a rock..." or "new member eagerly..." stripe visible ALWAYS because we are always waiting to some joinings to fix something and thus I have to look to "Mail" if there is some number telling me they have a new mail?

May I suggest something like merging the messages if shoguns and above have some joinings in the dynasty AND some new mail? Something like "new member is eagerly waiting for acceptance and you have new mail too" or something like that?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:05 pm   

will this help??
click to view

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 pm   

Whoa :idea: :) If we can't get another alert for mail, like a red (maybe flashing?) "NEW" appearing at or over mail in the menu ..... then this is the only and best suggestion to the problem I have seen ...why have it taken so long? ... Would that be hard to make? How soon can we can get it? We've waited yrs already :cry:

It would be a great help for us in dynasties where it's only emp and maybe 1 more accepting members, I come on and see a joiner and hurry to accept because they have waited long already and then I see I have a mail alert that was hiding under the joiner alert and the mail say not to accept yet cause 1 of my members is already on it waiting for response from the joiner.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 pm   

This topic was dead from 2 years ago, it's ok guessing everyone was happy with how the bar is working?

Anyway, I don't find the point about changing it. I'll use Frank's words...

Metalteo wrote:
The alert is only displayed to shoguns and higher ranks.

really you have shoguns that can't find a mail or can't click a [x] when the bar is there?

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:20 pm   

As a long time member. I do like a notice telling me that I have a mail and a joiner. When you get both at the same time, it's a lot more darned convenient to have both alerts at the same time instead of one masking the other.

Having both bars show up at the same time would make things alot easier and lots more conveient and easier.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 pm   

Hmm... sorry, really it's this hard for shoguns, kampakus and emperors? :roll:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 pm   

Alba wrote:

No one say it's hard but it's inconvenient when 1 alert hides the other and you beat me to it, I don't know if its hard for shoguns, I am emp but mostly I am a person who can't see through one alert and find the other.
Not using chat I use our mail system to communicate with my members and a disguised mail alert means I seem to ignore a member. I know I can look at mail in menu and see if there's a number but it's so small that it doesn't catch my attention.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
will this help??
click to view

wooow demonic, that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Added: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 pm ]
Jeanne wrote:
Alba wrote:

No one say it's hard but it's inconvenient when 1 alert hides the other and you beat me to it, I don't know if its hard for shoguns, I am emp but mostly I am a person who can't see through one alert and find the other.
Not using chat I use our mail system to communicate with my members and a disguised mail alert means I seem to ignore a member. I know I can look at mail in menu and see if there's a number but it's so small that it doesn't catch my attention.

alba that is not a nice answer, i am not laughing....i think its sarcastic

jeanne i totally agree with you, and i think demonic is also, Why did he otherwise make the example, its great :cool:

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
alba that is not a nice answer, i am not laughing....i think its sarcastic

It's just your opinion ;) I'll ignore this kind of comments (but you can keep saying them, i know you like it and i'm glad if you get happy so easily ;) )

------------

I wasn't being sarcastic, what i feel is very surprised because it was all good during last two years.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 pm   

No it was never good, the topic was being killed by the admins with either smock condescending remarks like yours and the one you quote or silence.
There never were any ideas/suggestions to solve the annoyance until today thanks to Jay apparently browsing old wishes and trying to come up with solutions.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 am   

To be honest, I do not come with ideas because there is always an admin with comments, and generally not nice comments (guess who) that's why I com no longer with ideas or solutions. There are plenty of things that needs improvement/correction/change for the better ...... but because I do not make a topic about that subject , does not mean it is good !!!!!

(Sorry when i use wrong words, My English *****)
Last edited by Alba on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am   

Ferrari wrote:
To be honest, I do not come with ideas because there is always an admin with comments, and generally not nice comments (guess who) that's why I com no longer with ideas or solutions. There are plenty of things that needs improvement/correction/change for the better ...... but because I do not make a topic about that subject , does not mean it is good !!!!!

(Sorry when i use wrong words, My English *****)

Ferrari, all comments/suggestions/ideas are taken seriously. Im currently looking through all previous suggestions to see what if anything can be done. Yes not every idea will be liked by everyone & some will comment negatively (even admins). Post them anyway, as the idea you didnt post, may well be the idea to unlock an even better site

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 pm   

Off course not all ideas will be liked by all but for an admin to answer:
Alba wrote:

Anyway, I don't find the point about changing it.

Means that if the admin don't see the point (maybe because she is in a dynasty where many pitch in?) then there is no use for the idea. That is arrogant, condescending and disrespectful.
Not to mention:
Alba wrote:

really you have shoguns that can't find a mail or can't click a [x] when the bar is there?

implying I and my members are too stupid to figure out how to close the alert. doesn't really say: come with your ideas.

Dear Pilar: sometimes if it's HH and I have tons of tabs open or for some other reason can't deal with the joiner right away, I keep the bar open so I wont forget there is a joiner waiting, I don't have a team to take care of things for me and I do sometimes forget things. If members mail me at the same time I will appear to be ignoring them.

I still vote for 2 separate alerts both in plain sight so even forgetful overburdened idiots like me can see I have 2 things waiting to be dealt with. :wink:

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
implying I and my members are too stupid to figure out how to close the alert. doesn't really say: come with your ideas.

I still vote for 2 separate alerts both in plain sight so even forgetful overburdened idiots like me can see I have 2 things waiting to be dealt with. :wink:

I am also to too stupid to figure out how to close the alert, for the same reason as jeanne...
I also vote for 2 separate alerts

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm   

I find it great, also make it :grin:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:57 pm   

I want to make something clear:

I did not mean to attack Alba as a person.

In the previous suggestion thread where I posted, I attacked the negativity that always comes up in threads here and in this thread I wanted to say to Alba / the admins that it goes both ways. They too have a share in how the tone becomes in threads, how their replies can frustrate members to the mudslinging corner. (insert waving peace flag emoticon here)

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:25 pm   

:) I like the double bar. Much more convient and easier to manage the dynasty. I do have members that won't come into chat for whatever reason and i don't try to push as they are core clickers and if they don't want to, I don't push. In fact I had one member tell me she would only return if I did not ask her to come into chat and since she's a 1k clicker with min avg of 1000, I complied and allowed her to just click. I communicated with her via mail. So you can say yes I do need the alerts. I don't need it hidden. Since nearly all the big emps are for it and want it badly, why can't we have it? Why? why?

Reply to topic