FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am   23.06.2011

- Created forum for updates

- a few colours on messages in frames

- Clicking subtracts same amount as the person who is clicking gets. Referral still gets his/hers few extra %.

- Returing from holiday or planing to go? Dont worry about you credits, if you manage to stay away from computer for 41days we will give you 2500 credits upon your return. Not enough? If you think that you can survive for 81days without us, you will find extra 5000 credits in your pocket.
Last edited by Yarold on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total  

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 am   

Don't see what's the use of the updates board. Don't we already have an annoucements forum that already deals with all of the updates in Yarolds? Useless update in my opinion.

Colours in frames, useless update. I don't even look at the frames untill I see click counted. If it aint broke don't fix it. White was fine and it didn't need fixing.

Glad the click tax got removed. Useful update.

4th update, what is this? Encourage members to be lazy? What about the regular daily clickers? The hard core clickers that click everyday and recruit everyday? Another useless update that only encourages lazyness and multis. I mean one could create a multi assuming one did not get caught, leave that account sitting for 2 months, 2 months later, transfer 5k to main account. An easy 5k credits without doing anything assuming one does not get caught. Another useless update. All this update does is encourage multis to make easy credits.

All I can say Stan, I'm not impressed with this batch of mostly useless updates.

orcachick2005 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 am   

I can see the logic behind giving credits to members who go away for an extended period of time. First, it encourages members who leave to come back because they have a nice incentive to do so. And secondly, it rewards active members who need to go away for a while and are concerned about losing their credits in the meantime. So on the surface, this seems like a reasonable idea.

However, like bluebell_rose mentioned, it's too easily abused. There's already enough trouble here with multis, and we don't really need to encourage people to create fake accounts just to get the credits.

Personally, I couldn't care less that this is essentially rewarding laziness. I enjoy clicking and I enjoy being in a dynasty that's more like a family than anything else- that's enough of a reward to me. This update is obviously not intended to reward the longtime loyal members, it's intended to attract and maintain (somewhat) active members. But I think this is the wrong way to do it. Just my two cents. :roll:

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 am   

I like forum for updates.

Credit for referrals it's of course good and never enough!

Normally I like and last update, credit for vacation BUT that will be abused!!

Best example it's 500 credit for new members, many created account, put 1 link and go away.

So, idea it's really good but I will say try it just for Vip!!!

Because we must first see if that members really is active?

And when Vip abused it then is better to stop it because many dynasty will lose members this way.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 pm   

Idea is for those people who went away.

After they return they wont say "meh, i dont have any of my credits".

Ideally we will be sending emails to inactive people, to get more active members.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 pm   

Quote:
Do you also reward banned accounts? Oh Mr admin could you make my ban 3 weeks instead of 2 so I get 2,500?

Baned acounts got their exceptions

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:26 pm   

Are you trying to kid me stan? I have eyes. Simple solution.

Leave dynasty while away and delete link or unmark main if vip. Credits remain untouched and protected until member comes back. And your update is useless. If a member was going to be away for 3 weeks, I kick mrember and tell him to come back when he gets back from vacation. An account is rendered inactive after 2 weeks of inactivity and no cliicking, making the account unclickable. And who wants unclickable members in an maxed out alliance/dynasty? I wouldn't.

I stand by my stand that this update is useless and only encourages multis and encourages people to be lazy. I know you're trying to keep people from leaving yarolds but this update is making me wonder why am I even here anymore? Why do I even try?

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:47 pm   

Yarold wrote:
Idea is for those people who went away.

After they return they wont say "meh, i dont have any of my credits".

Ideally we will be sending emails to inactive people, to get more active members.

how inactive members are we talking about? An old member inactive 1 yr got an email some months ago he logged on and transferred his 23,000+ credits to me.

I see Lurchman and Franks accounts still have their credits too and that is 2-3 yrs inactivity.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm   

updated to 41/81 days

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:25 am   

I like the idea of the forum updates.Makes keeping track easier than reading through your edited and re-edited posts.I often had to guess what you wrote the first time you posted,becoz it was edited multiple times.

What about just writing a new post?This is the idea of forums even when it causes more work.Just a thought..-

Colors?Nice to catch someone's attention.The people who don't care at all might mostly be those 90% not taking any action in the action links.

3rd one. Finally! thanks

"Credit/away time" Update: encouraging lazy ppl?lol,if someone is lazy,s/he is lazy and will always be.

Sure there obviously some logic behind that.I'd fear even more cheaters than lazy ppl.
When someone is lazy, s/he might never want to do all the work a second or third account requires.

Well,better first only test that with VIPs and/or ppl who are known for their loyalty and ask for help while they're on vacation.Also take it back to 21 days,that's a reasonable amount of days for a (real) vacation.

I don't see the point in getting angry about that update.Waste of time IMO.After all you still can't buy bread for credits.

But there's always some members who want more and more credits for some reason,isn't it?

Have a nice day everyone :cool:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:13 pm   

I wasn't talking about encouraging lazy people but there has been asked for a "vacation solution" for yrs and now with the fewer members in yarolds it's more needed than ever and then a reward for inactivity seems like a slap in the face to those leaving a link to be clicked while they are away.

If 100 members go on vacation, we find less to click, it gets boring and that could make more leave for good.
Reward those that leave a link to be clicked while they are on vacation, BBR suggest they delete/hide link and leave dyn but that means less to click.
I really don't think an old inactive member will come back just because they are promised credits - there might be a few who logs in, collect the credits and leave again so yes we get a link 10 days but wouldn't it be better to encourage and reward the active members? Off course there's a possible income for me there, being in contact with some ex yarolds members I could ask them to log in and transfer the credits :wink:

Yes we need more members and more links to click, did anybody notice how the number of members online go up during a Lotto jackpot payout?
Try making the Lotto Jackpot a monthly event - within the first 5 days of the month where those that only clicks for contest are slow clicking/showing and it wont count too much in the contest. Generate a mill credits for the event and let the frenzy spread.
Bring back more fun, that might make more members come online and even recommend the site to friends.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:07 pm   

Yarold wrote:

Then make that I can send more emails :roll:

Every day it's my email outbox full :cry:

And if somebody go of vacation then max 21 days!!!

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:25 am   

I agree, the outbox is another issue to be solved soon.I'd appreciate an outbox able to keep up to 50 mails.

..erm...does this belong here?
Well, main thing is it is said somewhere.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 am   

The mail yarold refers to isnt a yarolds PM but an actual E-mail to the user

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic