FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: DemonicJ
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 am
What is going wrong at Yarolds
turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 pm   What is going wrong at Yarolds

Things aren't looking good for Yarolds only 425 members in the whole dynasty system! What has gone wrong?

Is it the dynasty system?
The way the bonus credits only benefit the top teams?
Is the competitive nature of the dynasties and the bad feeling they can generate turning people off them?
Is it more a shift away from manual click exchanges?

Let's be blunt with a fall off like this over the last 12 months Yarolds won't be worth a visit in a years time. No offence intended just stating the obvious

So what is the problem and what can be done to improve the image and allure of this site?

Any ideas?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 pm   

Its an attitude thing

Ella wrote:
Seems Ella is on a mission to destroy anyone allied to the mob. After having a few dynasties agree to a mass drop, she is now trying the same with Click Busters

No no...just the MOB

But for some reason, i decided a minute ago to end alliance with Clickbusters

If some people put the same amount of effort into their dynasties as they do into their personal vendettas, then I think you would find that some dynasties might indeed become popular again.

As for what the site staff can do to make this site more appealling, stay tuned! Plenty of ideas are being developed

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 am   

Jay, I am sure there are many who could post messages from others that would support similar arguments. I have even had posts from some that make me question their sanity. But let's not sink to such levels as I feel it demeaning.

I am glad you have spotted the slide and wish to take steps to reverse the decline but why not make such decisions more open. Let the members give their input. It would certainly help them feel more apart of Yarolds and maybe even stem the inevitable claims of fixing that not having a truly independent Admin team always seem to follow.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 am   

You can rest assured that the admin team makes all decisions independantly from any dynasty, alliance or personal interests.

As for the ideas currently being reviewed, most of whats being looked at & discussed has been openly talked about all over the forums &/or #swle chat. So people can feel they are indeed involved in improving the site.

Fingers crossed an announcement might be made at the end of the week regarding the first of the changes.

In the mean time, I would suggest people focus on recruiting & assiting new members to your dynasties. You want the dynasty system to grow, go out there & invite members to the dynasty. Relax the no neg (especially for non vips) policies most dynasties have as each & everyone of us have been neg more than once when we started out & build up from there.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:29 am   

Thank you for putting my mind at rest over the non partizan nature of the admin/mod team overseeing the changes. Sadly I would still bet there will be some the doubt that statement due to the fact you peeps aren't evenly spread throughout the different dynasties. And I wonder what those who now shun the dynasty system would like to see implemented?

If it were me I would have invited every member of Yarolds to forward their ideas on change but that's just a difference of opinion between two people. Obviously not everyone would have replied but they would probably have been grateful for the chance. Could have been good for you all as well that way as you would have seen the most popular suggestions supported

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 am   

Turdkey, sadly wouldnt matter to some where the admins were. That aside as it seems to be somewhat off topic, let me introduce you to something that has always been here & answers the rest of your post.

drum roll please.....

The suggestion forum area

Yes turdkey, it is an open forum for all members to use & yes a lot of changes over the 7 years I have been here, have come from that area.

Now if the grandstanding is finished, I suggest you post some of your ideas there for others to discuss. Good luck

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.