FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Alba
Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 pm
Banned For Opinion
hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:07 pm   Banned For Opinion

First, our group picture was taken down because it was too big (50kper person). Then we made it smaller 25k even though others were allowed 200+k on there pictures. Then we were told by DemonicJ to stay to 15k per person. That made me and others in my dynasty quite testy due to the fact that many dynasty members of DemonicJ's aptly named Mob had pictures at 25k. I posted a short note stating there was a double standard on how rules were enforced and stating that this double standard has had a negative affect on Yarolds. I would like to note that I got mail from several dynasty heads and one mod agreeing with my propositon. Of course this note was taking down for "flaming". I then posted a note showing exactly what flaming's definition was and how it did not apply to my short note. This was also taken down. After stating that some admins had a Napoleon Complex and were on a power trip I got banned. I realize this is not an American Site and I should not expect free speech, but the actions of Alba and Demonic J are clearly inexcusable. We can all remember when punishment was fair and there was fair competition between dynasties. All I want to see is an equal sharing of power among admins and for there to be a review of DemonicJ and Alba's dictatorial decision making in recent cases. Let's make this site fun again before it dies a painful death.

Hippie
Last edited by hippie on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Ecco 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm   

Hi Hippie i sended you a personal mail how things went too far.
Dont talk about my mods and admins that way they deserve respect if you have an issue and cant get it solved contact me by mail, our shortnotes are not for complains or questions, they are for fun and for your anouncements for your team.

-ps we respect all sayings but it must between lines thats why i didnt removed this text from you-

~ecco~

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 am   

Thanks for the explanation Ecco.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:23 pm   

The decision to remove your short notes (as well as to mail you about it as a common courtesy) was made by the staff (more than just those you accuse). The decision was made due to the slow load speed from your host site. The idea to reduce the picture size &/or use a faster host were both options I gave Pai Gow, who coincidently rectified the issue with his short note. Yours & your fellow team mates derogatory short notes were also removed by mutual decision of the staff. The fact you transferred your credits because you feared being banned & then kept up using derogatory short notes lead to your loss of VIP & then your ban (again by mutual consent of staff)

Maybe your aptly named dynasty, hippies, has been sitting downwind at a few too many music festivals ??

It was not an admin that mailed you agreeing with you either, it was a mod. A mod who decided we should be taking more action against short notes that arent in the spirit of the site.

I am assured Ecco has since informed you that all decisions relating to short notes, removal of VIP & bans, are not made by one person alone, but by a majority of the staff of this site & that next time the appropriate course of action would be to mail any one of us

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:34 pm   

DemonicJ, it was not just about the picture, it was about administration of the site in general.

I transferred my credits in case you banned me permanently. Is it odd to want your dynasty to be able to use your credits if you are banned? You act like that proves something other than I knew admins would ban me for speaking my mind. That was the point of my first comment that you erased and said was flaming. It was a "speak in" to prove a point. Yarold's used to be a fun place to be. The administration of this site is strangling it, that was my point. I think it is a byproduct of the dynasty competition. I think doing away with dynasties competing for gain would go a long way towards solving the problems here.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 pm   

Dear hippie,

I have a advice for you.
Maybe you notes that a lot of dynasty's stopped with the dynasty competition/war.
We all know that there is only 1 dynasty who wants to stay place 1, let that dynasty have that place.
dont look at the dynasty's as a competition, but just see it as people who help each other.
Just For Fun never looks in the dynasty page for ranking.
The time that dynasty alliances where fun, are far behind us.
We need allies to click links, what allies that does not matter... Just try to have fun

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
We all know that there is only 1 dynasty who wants to stay place 1, let that dynasty have that place.
dont look at the dynasty's as a competition, but just see it as people who help each other.
Just For Fun never looks in the dynasty page for ranking.

So it would be a surprise to you to learn that last months competition winner was encouraged by me? I agree with the rest though, I guess im extremely lucky as an Emperor to have a dynasty of members that do help each other so well that being at or near the top is a by product of that willingness to help.

But as this topic is about staff here not emperor's or who has the better clickers, I think it off topis

hippie wrote:
The administration of this site is strangling it, that was my point.

The rules the staff work to have been here for quite some time, in some cases longer than the staff have been in place. If we are now being more vigilant with those rules, I make no apology for that, but will apologise if the standards were previously allowed to slide. Guess that for my part, was due to having continiually hunt out the multies we all knew existed (which except for the odd one nowadays, seems to have been erradicated allowing staff more time to focus on other things)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Gretel10111 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 pm   

DJ, what is your home language actually?

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:53 pm   

NOT revive old threads

"Forum rules"

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.