SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
new scoring system since Sept,1st,2009
Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm   new scoring system since Sept,1st,2009

I'm thinking about the scoring system since 1st of Sept 2009.
Unfortunately this new scoring system has made it impossible to build up credits because everybody needs to get his/her links balanced.

So,to come to the point:this new system has become a question of money or patience.Patience because of one month the possibility to buy credits was no more given - someone has bought all possible credits.

As people cannot build their credits by clicking they hide their links in Dynasties.This way other people can't build credits,too because these hidden links cannot be clicked.

Why don't we handle it this way:
a clicked link costs the owner only for example 0.5 or 0.7 credits and the person who clicks get 1 whole credit for that.Well,remember that these credits are virtual so nobody pays too much!
This would be a reasonable situation to build credits again.

At the moment those ppl who have very less credits or are even negative (mostly the newvbies pay the most by learning) have no chance to show extra links which annoys several ppl.

Or do you,Yarold,just want to make money on this site?It seems to me that this was one of the reasons for the new scoring system.Unfortunately.

I think the idea to just pay less than 1 whole credit per clicked link is the best for the moment - unless anyone has another idea how to build credits.

Remember:not everyone on this site is over 18 and has a credit card PayPal account or even a bank account.So,for them it is impossible to get some freedom in credits like for everyone else who doesn't want to spent money on a once funny link exchange site.

And this is the point:we are here for fun and to build our games and not to spend lots and lots of money to feed newbies or members who come back from vacation.

So,what about a change in that credit thing - this is the question of every newbie who comes into my dynasty:"how can I build credits?"
And most of those newbies are 14 or maybe 16 and have for sure no credit card!

What happened to this once funny and friendly site???

a mess

What a pity!!

yeladim 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 pm   

I don't know what the scoring system was before, and I understand the frustration with building credit. But, to me, wouldn't it seem better to reward with more credits those site you have to take an extra action on when you visit? To give the same value to MyMiniCity and EggCave just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, just my comment. Overall I like your site Yarold and I'm glad I can participate.

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm   

well,eggcave has extra actions,too.

and we have definitely have to find a solution.

at the moment the site is a money maker.

I dunno if it is that what Stan wanted..-

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:40 am   

I disagree. Its a question of attitude & mindsets. For as long as I have been here people have always tried doing their best & thats great! The issues now are buying VIPS & Multiple accounts so some dynasties can stay 'up the top of the list'. Its disturbing the attitude I have seen from some members when their multi accounts get found & banned! I even received a mail the other day saying

"i see that (dynasty name deleted to protect the members in that dynasty that play by the rules) win the individual contest next month (i\'m sure you think they cheat again and you have reason loll. all (dynasty name withheld) members are cheaters (and i have again 2 account on this team but ou don\'t know who are they loooolllll"

How are the honest competitive dynasties of 6 months ago able to compete with that?? The multi accounts being created & having VIP status bought for them?? I think its pretty sad that some members of that dynasty feel so proud when they win but dont realise that they are further alienating themselves from the honest dynasties.

Most dynasties dont tolerate negs in their team or in allies, so how are newbies meant to learn? Do they wait till they are VIP's or till someone buys them a VIP or they get disheartened & eventually leave.

I say stop the ability to buy others VIP & you may just see that all dynasties will have to help & train new guys so they too can enjoy the site. It may even reduce the constant stream of multi accounts being made by some!

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 am   Re: new scoring system since Sept,1st,2009

Namilee wrote:

Or do you,Yarold,just want to make money on this site?It seems to me that this was one of the reasons for the new scoring system.Unfortunately.

That is really not a nice thing to say!
First of all the credits cost so little that I doubt anybody gets rich.
Second: considering Stan is here every day all day I don't envy him any bit of cash he might earn here.
Third: The idea for this score system came from Bruno not Stan and was brought on when it became obvious that a score system based on the sum of clicks done/received made some buy a lot of credits and show all links 24/7 to win a contest.

Namilee wrote:

I think the idea to just pay less than 1 whole credit per clicked link is the best for the moment - unless anyone has another idea how to build credits.

How about not caring that much about the score if you are low on credits?

Namilee wrote:

And this is the point:we are here for fun and to build our games and not to spend lots and lots of money to feed newbies or members who come back from vacation.

No one say you have to feed newbies or others, give them a day to prove they want to play the game and click .... if not ... then accept that not all have the time or interest to be in a dynasty and play the dynasty game and send them to main exchange instead of the pathetic clinging to non playing members to seem a large dynasty.

Namilee wrote:

IMO the contests and the chance to win large amounts of credits happened! Some saw that as the only reason to be here: Winning! And did whatever it took to do that - including cheating. This has caused so much frustration and disgust that many has left the site or stopped caring about the game.

Namilee wrote:

What a pity!!

Couldn't agree more.

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am   

I think you misunderstood the topic of my post,Jay.

At first:I never said I'd feed newbies.I handle it this way:they get instruction mails and if they don't get it after 2 or 3 days they get kicked.
Maybe it was handled in other ways with the other leader(s) in my dynasty.Since I'm Empress I take care of my members and instruct them not to cheat.

And that is where we come to the point of your post,Jay.
DemonicJ wrote:
The issues now are buying VIPS & Multiple accounts so some dynasties can stay 'up the top of the list'. Its disturbing the attitude I have seen from some members when their multi accounts get found & banned!

I never cheated and cheating is not the topic.
I just think we should have a fair credit system to give newbies a chance.

Jeanne wrote:
That is really not a nice thing to say!

Sorry,Jeanne,if you don't like some things I said but the fact actually is:

A newbie gets his instruction mail and I get a mail in return:"How can I build credits?"
Unfortunately I have to answer atm:you can click at least 400 links(and balance your own) or buy credits.When this newbie is 13 for instance he can't build up credits without a credit card.Because he has to balance his own clicks.

And there is where we still have the fact that building credits is impossible with this scoring system.

And the less credits one has the less links can be shown.

Thats all I said.I am not cheating,never did,so this is no topic for me.
Last edited by Namilee on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 pm   

Never said in my post anything about feeding negs did I?

Nor did I say anyone instructed anyone to cheat!

Nor did I mention any dynasty names.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 pm   

You don't have to say names - I think everybody knows what you mean.

Anyways it is not an answer to my question or idea.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm   

Namilee wrote:
Anyways it is not an answer to my question or idea.

You really don't find an answer in Jay's post?

Namilee wrote:

http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6393

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 pm   

There are answers in jay's post.But not to the questions I have.
He eggs around,tells things of the past and don't comes to the topic.

But,anyway,alba,thanks for that link.

"The big clean-up" seems not to be over when I can believe these words.

It's not polite to judge somebody before s/he has begun his/her job.There is no need for any names,is there?

I think I don't need to say more - only two persons are willing to stay on topic.

What is so hard on understanding that making credits needs new ways?

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:14 pm   

My 2¢ would say that the easiest way for a newbie to build up credits is for their dynasty to overlook the balancing of their clicks until they have enough credits. Yes, this would mean a dynasty would take a hit in min/avg for awhile since the lower number counts, but I personally would rather have a member clickable by myself & allies rather than unclickable.

As for having a multiple-clicks-required link ( ie Brute if you have flashblock or a Unicreature profile page) be worth more, it would be nice, but my choice is to not click it unless I want to take the extra time it takes to complete it. Yes, my clicks have been dramatically reduced & the fun isn't here like it was in the past, but pfft. Clicking links doesn't sign my paycheck, so I now only do what I can & don't stress it any more. I spend more time in RL these days--it's nice to get to know my family again :razz:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm   

I find all dynasty-name-hidden/cheating not related to Namilee first post - next time prepare for warrnings.

Quote:
A newbie gets his instruction mail and I get a mail in return:"How can I build credits?"
Unfortunately I have to answer atm:you can click at least 400 links(and balance your own) or buy credits.

This is wrongly answered question because if she/he gets 500 clicks back then you need something like 0.8 (credits taken for 1 credit received) for above plan to work. So its not 'at least 400', but 'more than you were clicked'.
Before change you needed to look at that too: if you were clicked more you went negative.

At this moment we have equal amount of credits before and after click. Some months ago (but after update) i tested what 'd happen if it were not equal. The result was that - because everyone was slowly gaining zillions of credits, everyone was clicking slightly less than usual, soon i 'd have a site where no one was clicking.
This happend for 0.95

I guess i'll experiment with 0.99 hyh

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:49 pm   

Yarold wrote:
I find all dynasty-name-hidden/cheating not related to Namilee first post - next time prepare for warrnings.

Thank you very much.

Yarold wrote:
I guess i'll experiment with 0.99 hyh

This is worth a try.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm   

Namilee wrote:

Sorry,Jeanne,if you don't like some things I said but the fact actually is:

Unfortunately I have to answer atm:you can click at least 400 links(and balance your own) or buy credits.When this newbie is 13 for instance he can't build up credits without a credit card.Because he has to balance his own clicks.

And there is where we still have the fact that building credits is impossible with this scoring system.

And the less credits one has the less links can be shown.

Thats all I said.I am not cheating,never did,so this is no topic for me.

It's OK :wink:

As I and Possom1 said: Tell the newbies to not care about balancing at first - I instruct my newbies like I did before the update and not until they reach samurai do I tell them about the balancing act (unless they ask) that way they start by building some credits (not zillions!)

And yes newbies or youngsters (and some older members too) care about seeing their credits build (again not to zillions some gets near ecstatic when reaching a mear 100) or to see their averages go up and qualify for promotion.

No one cares for the accountant/book-keeping way of clicking it has made many members leave dynasties and be on main where no one is telling them to balance or show link 24/7 so on main they can go clicking mad and build up as many credits as they wants.

I have said it before this balancing act has shifted the negatives from main to dynasties.

Yarold wrote:

At this moment we have equal amount of credits before and after click. Some months ago (but after update) i tested what 'd happen if it were not equal. The result was that - because everyone was slowly gaining zillions of credits, everyone was clicking slightly less than usual, soon i 'd have a site where no one was clicking.

And how is that working out? It seems to me everyone is still clicking less and and less :sad:

How about setting a limit on how many credits a member can have? Max 2,000 for 0-50,000 clicks done/received? 5,000 for 50-100,000 clicks .... building up to a max 50,000? 100,000? and those who has more have 1 month to put those credits back in circulation or have them transferred to Lotto for an extra Jackpot? When you reach your max limit you can't click until you have been clicked?

There still is a desire to click max and make high scores but the balancing is killing the showing of links cause everybody is holding back afraid to end up having shown more than they could click + wanting to make sure they still build up some credits for a day off or lost connection.

Do you (Stan) have any stats on how many was actually hording credits?

Without having dug in to checking, just from what I have noticed on members list it seems to be a few members from a few dynasties that never show more than 1 link yet log on for HH and "milk" their allied members for credits .... and even after the update it seems those same members doesn't care for scores they continue to click like they did before so the limit on credits might be an idea?

Reply to topic