SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Balancing clicks done and received
Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:18 pm   

Jeanne wrote:

I agree you'd still need calculator to figure out what you will score - it has to be easy again to make it fun - I still say let's go back to dyn-ave but make some kind of members limit for when the ave is calculated so we don't give the smallest the advantage - that was the problem then (the only problem that I am aware of).

And as for fewer clicks: A lot of those who has left were the dynasty- game players, members with 10 "fake" mmc's - we now have a lot of Action link holders (Uni-creatures has spread a lot) members on main doesn't get the CARE-mentoring as members in dyn's does maybe too many has care turned off or lost and doesn't see the links? I know there is a "How to" but how many do you think read it?

hmmmm so that is why i turned my hotel link on the other day in dynasty only and got 2 people to follow it through outta of 25....so another word i got 2 clicks for 125 credits(if still 5 credits per click) why should i show that link anymore in main or dynasty...and i wont no matter what....it isnt just a problem with new people/main it is everywhere....

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:03 pm   

Wolverines wrote:
hmmmm so that is why i turned my hotel link on the other day in dynasty only and got 2 people to follow it through outta of 25....so another word i got 2 clicks for 125 credits(if still 5 credits per click) why should i show that link anymore in main or dynasty...and i wont no matter what....it isnt just a problem with new people/main it is everywhere....

Your Hotel link probably only had 2 follow-ups because Yarold's timer doesn't match Yer Hotel's timer. I often click a Yer Hotel link which tells me I can't visit right now. Sometimes because I have visited recently, and sometimes because the hotel is full. I always follow up on Hotel links when I can - it's just not always possible. I think many others have the same problem.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:04 am   

Wolverines wrote:

The Hotels are a bit more special:
1; if someone else had a hotel out up to 6 hours before you put yours out then members that doesn't have a Hotel can't give you a visit tho' they can click a Hotel every 2 hours. Those that do have a Hotel of their own usually use their visit quote as soon as they can give a visit so only few will have one visit to give at the moment you put your Hotel out. .
2; if you only have higher standard rooms - people without hotels can't give you a visit.

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
Wolverines wrote:

The Hotels are a bit more special:
1; if someone else had a hotel out up to 6 hours before you put yours out then members that doesn't have a Hotel can't give you a visit tho' they can click a Hotel every 2 hours. Those that do have a Hotel of their own usually use their visit quote as soon as they can give a visit so only few will have one visit to give at the moment you put your Hotel out. .
2; if you only have higher standard rooms - people without hotels can't give you a visit.

Yeah, I have that problem not being a hotel owner. I either waste my click when theres no room and can't click anyones else link, or I end up clicking a few when I can't phsically make a new visit.

I try so hard not to click them if I know I can't make a visit but when you snap link a group and they pop up it's like doh, sorry.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 am   

Graphics updated here.

[ Added: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 am ]
Mogman wrote:
Wow... This is just a big no. Imagine 10 people with 100 credits each, 5 have 10 valenth links and 5 have 1 myminicity link... In total each does 55 clicks with each link receiving 10 clicks... the valenth users are down 45 credits and the myminicity users are up 45 credits... The myminicity guys look bad cause they are sharing 1 link, the valenth guys are angry that they have lost so many credits so they lower their # of links to balance themselves while the myminicity guys don't have more links to balance themselves (unless they actually WANT to put that effort in of sharing 9 more links to balance everyone).

This example is somehow silly. Of course if you consider 10 members and 1 MMC link, that link will receive no more than 10 daily clicks... no surprise!

Now here is the right example: 11 members with 10 credits each. Members with 1 MMC link will be clicked 10 times while members with 5 Valenth links will have each of their links clicked twice, that is 5 times less as I first wrote here.

You added then that you cannot receive more than 300/400 clicks on your MMC link (more if you show in Main, isn't it?), in this case you have no interest in clicking more than 300/400 links... so I don't see where is your problem!

We are all supposed to be here to have our links clicked, that is the goal to achieve and in order to do that we are supposed to click as much as we want clicks back. That is also what the new scoring system is supposed to reflect: how many exchanges are done.

If you click more than you can receive, that is useless for you as you mentioned. Why would you be rewarded for that? Nothing illogical here to my view.

As you stated, there are other ways to have a MMC link clicked, so I wonder why you've been on Yarold for so long if it's not to have yours clicked here...

The answer is maybe because you like to click, in this case why not add some links to your account to allow the others to click you as well in return... that seems sound to me.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 am   

Face it Bruno: Your idealistic dream is not working.
People are fleeing dynasties and Yarolds - judging by the alliance and the drop in clicks done the past 2 months I'd say about 20 members leaving every week on the alter of balancing clicks which has ruined the fun in the dynasty game that btw is the reason why many mmc link holders has stayed here ... not for the clicks received.

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:18 pm   

Quote:
The answer is maybe because you like to click, in this case why not add some links to your account to allow the others to click you as well in return... that seems sound to me.

It all has become so calculated. Let's stop balancing.
Let's forget the clicks received, count only the clicks done

Lazy member, buys credits clicks 0 but shows 10 links...YES, clearly a feeder profile. But those links are for their own dynasty AND allies to click.

Then it is solved because :

Active member, clicks 900 but only has 1 link becomes happy again since pressure/frustration to add more links /click less to balance the 900 clicks made is no longer there.

I think there have always been slumbering 'feeder' members around, long before the big discussion about feeder dynasties. Now those serve for a general good purpose.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm   

Jeanne wrote:

What is not working?? You give absolutely no argument...

Quote:
People are fleeing dynasties and Yarolds

You were saying exactly the same before the last update...

Now some facts: "183172236 (clicks) since 2008-07-12 ", that makes about 383,000 daily clicks in average. This morning at reset I saw 360,000 clicks done, not bad for a Sunday and not much less than 383,000 anyway. If as it seems there are much less registered members, that is actually a great performance.

I would like if Stan could give the exact numbers of clicks done everyday since 2008-07-12, and we would see if the last update had a negative impact or not. I don't believe so.

Jeanne's SumAvg = 3231. Did you click and were clicked that much before the update? You didn't reply that one... Face it Jeanne: you have way more clicks to do now :)
Last edited by Bruno73 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

What is not working?? You give absolutely no argument...

Nothing is working, Bruno, but seem that you are the only that can't see it... :cry:

I agree with Jeanne, this was your dream, so, I understand that you are happy with that...

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm   

Again no argument given...

Maybe "nothing is working" in your dynasty, but in Real Mini Village everything is working very well!

Btw it was not my dream, I preferred the SumAvg system - easier to calculate, simpler to understand - but there were many complaints against it.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:
Maybe "nothing is working" in your dynasty

In my dynasty? lol

Today at reset:

min yday --> #3
dyn min yday --> #3
sum yday --> #3
dyn sum yday --> #4
min mem avg --> #4

and I will remember you that we are the smaller dynasty on top :wink:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm   

Bruno just look at what pops up when you pass the members online point in the menu: 426 members online for the 20:00 HH - these days we can barely squeeze above 200 members online for any HH.

Yes I probably did that amount of clicks before too it was just never reg. cause clicks given weren't in the stats - fact is also I did more just 2-3 weeks ago and my numbers are going down every day.

And as Stan has already answered you:

its true, if my word is not enough i can dig some stats

who needs the numbers we can all see and feel there are less to click.

It was your dream - you were the one coming up with this score system and suggesting it to Stan.

Reply to topic