SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
one account with two ip's
juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 am   one account with two ip's

would this get me banned? my notebook computer goes with me to my mothers some times she has wireless internet through the same company as i have at home. our ips are different. would i get banned for using my account at her house? she does not use yarolds that i know of, but... she does not tell me everything she does. want to ask before i get into trouble.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:39 pm   

no, its ok to go anywhere with your lappy and click there

Sternensee1 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:48 pm   

... and that is the reason i've been banned and didn't get an answer since 30.th may.

Yesterday i wrote this in my thread:

[ Added: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 pm ]
It's your desicion to keep the ban for me = Sternensee, but it would be nice to get an answer, when it will be lifted - because if i would try with log in - the account will be activated for longer ban.

So it would be nice if someone would talk to me from your side.

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm   maybe because i asked before

i asked before it could become a problem so yarold knows i plan on following the rules? there is a differance between asking for permission and assumeing then asking forgiveness
besides i honestly believe mom does not use yarolds i do not think yarolds would help any of her games

dimidola 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:29 am   A little clarification

So, one more question under this topic:

soon I'll be having internet at home too (now I use my university's).
Obviously I will be able to click twice a day each site, since I will have different IPs.
But will I be able to see the links twice from the same account? (I mean, ex. I go to the university, I log in to yarold's, I click on dimidola's myminicity link, I go home, I log in to yarold's.. will I be able to click that link again and have it count in my credits?)

sorry if that's been answered before, but I find it hard to surf around this forum

Thanks!

:roll:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 am   

No - no matter how many IPs you use for your account you can only click each link once :razz:

Edit: Clicking your own link doesn't count neither in clicks nor credits :lol:

dimidola 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am   

:sad: thanks

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
Edit: Clicking your own link doesn't count neither in clicks nor credits :lol:

Pretty sure that I get charged credits clicking my own links, but do not gain any clicks :(

I wonder where the missing credits go... Maybe to fund the lottery :?:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:17 am   

No you don't - if it seems like it it's because someone else is clicking you at that moment :razz:

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 pm   

Just adding a note here as well. I'll be using both my lappy with a mobile connection and desktop so there will different ip addys for me too.

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 am   

just updating things... my mother has joined yarolds now after watching me and (my taking care of her ponystars while she was sick and using yarolds to help me also convinced her)...her user name is aleskia... she is in mini ming... also i now use her inter net exclusively... however i have fewer links available to me because when she clicks a link it does not show up for me and she is on a lot more than i am able to now that i am working... why do i loose links she has clicked???

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:40 am   

1 IP can only click a link once - If you are now using 1 IP on 2 accounts that is not allowed you're risking a ban.

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:24 am   

i do not have two accounts. aleskia is my mother. she uses a desk top and i use my lap top and i believe they can tell if it is being done on different computers since we both use inter net explorer. also her click habits and mine are alot different...

Added: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 am
in fact we are both on right now playing link tag ... can i get that link befor you??? lol

aleskia 
n00b

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:18 am   

Please, Mr. Yarolds, let us know if there is any Problem with our being here. I only joined the dynasty when I was assured that it would be ok. If there is a problem. I will leave Yarolds because my daughter was here first and it would not be fair for her to be punished. Thank you for your time.
Aleskia

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:38 am   

The rule is one account per person (not one account per IP). Thankyou for the heads up on this matter. your both safe to continue

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:23 pm   

thanks demon j we were a little worried after jeane postedn

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 pm   

Sorry didn't mean to worry you but it has been seen when 2 people are using the same IP that they get banned - hence my warning :razz:

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:25 am   

i do appreciate the warning jeanne i am just glad it worked out for the best for us ... and i hope that others will find it works for them... i know it is hard for yarolds to sort out who is realy more than one person and who is one person more than once. that is why i felt it important to be honest from the beginning and risk one or both of us being banned than to try to hide it and know we would probably be banned..

Reply to topic