SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Real money/prize "games"
Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am   Real money/prize "games"

Today I see in the exchange a link for cutestdogcompetition.com. This isn't a game... it's an actual contest where the winner receives a money prize... is this really an appropriate use of the link exchange?

I also have a question about this game at animalut.net - I don't read Romanian so it's impossible for me to know, but it looks like the players actually gain real-world prizes once they reach a certain number of clicks? (please correct me if I am wrong!) if that is the case, I also personally feel like such a link shouldn't be permitted...

I know it's at the discretion of the admins, but I was just wondering what they and other users think.

Thank you

Roman 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am   Re: Real money/prize "games"

Xazy wrote:
Today I see in the exchange a link for cutestdogcompetition.com. This isn't a game... it's an actual contest where the winner receives a money prize... is this really an appropriate use of the link exchange?

Hi!
That link was accepted by me. So if an Admin thinks, that I was wrong there feel free to delete the link again.
Imho it is a game where you need to get many clicks to your pet.

About animulet.net: I dont know ...

Roman
Last edited by Roman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total  

dimidola 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am   

yeah I don't like that either.. I mean, if you can make money out of link exchange, we're going to be full of accounts buying credits just to do that. Plus, it's not a game anymore...

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 pm   

The cutest dog link isn't benefiting the person showing the link here. The dog being voted on belongs to the owner of the Unicreatures/Unifaction sites.

Don't have a clue about the Romainian one, but I also wouldn't have a problem with it--we get a credit for clicking it and the person showing it loses a credit----exchange made.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 pm   

Yep I'm with Barb - as long as the link isn't trying to get money from me - besides the cutest dog contest is over, Jasper won so the link holder isn't helping anyone anymore.

The Romanian I don't know either I see I give a vote to level up a pet.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm   

About the Romanian site - I will try to contact member "alukz", she was in our dynasty and I know she is Romanian, so maybe she will able to help with "what is the site all about", but I see that she was not online for a few days, so it might last some time.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 am   

Jeanne wrote:
besides the cutest dog contest is over, Jasper won so the link holder isn't helping anyone anymore.

Well, yes, Jasper won and now UC people vote for Kikka ......

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 am   

Someone has a link now for this contest with a dog that is completely unrelated to Unicreatures.

I don't think whether this person will actually win anything is relevant, my question is meant to ask if it is appropriate to allow links that potentially give you a real money prize.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:37 am   

Roman wrote:
Jeanne wrote:
besides the cutest dog contest is over, Jasper won so the link holder isn't helping anyone anymore.

and now Kikka won too :razz:

I did see Hippie made a link to a third dog, I don't know if it's his own but I wouldn't mind helping him win.

I can understand though if there are others here who has a dog in that contest that they would mind - off course they could make a link to their dog too but since you can only vote once per IP per day it would be a race to get the link out first so now I'm not sure what I think about those links - I don't mind helping any to win real money or stuff but I can see a problem if several has dogs in that contest.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:38 am   

Xazy wrote:
... my question is meant to ask if it is appropriate to allow links that potentially give you a real money prize.

I fully understand what you mean. But, this is something Stan - as site owner - has to decide.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
Roman wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

and now Kikka won too :razz:

I did see Hippie made a link to a third dog, I don't know if it's his own but I wouldn't mind helping him win.

I can understand though if there are others here who has a dog in that contest that they would mind - off course they could make a link to their dog too but since you can only vote once per IP per day it would be a race to get the link out first so now I'm not sure what I think about those links - I don't mind helping any to win real money or stuff but I can see a problem if several has dogs in that contest.

actually - you can vote for every single dog on the site everyday if you want to. the one vote per ip is that you can only vote for each dog once - I vote for about 30 a day now

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:

actually - you can vote for every single dog on the site everyday if you want to. the one vote per ip is that you can only vote for each dog once - I vote for about 30 a day now

Ahh - well in that case I have no problems with the links :grin:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am   

Xazy wrote:
... my question is meant to ask if it is appropriate to allow links that potentially give you a real money prize.

yes

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:13 am   

it isn't fair... i tried to get the same link for cutestdog on beefore but they denied it now accept it for some one else....

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:41 am   

juntiluck wrote:
it isn't fair... i tried to get the same link for cutestdog on beefore but they denied it now accept it for some one else....

Then put your link back up as yarold has ruled it ok

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:41 am   

The thing with animalut and several other romanian sites is this:
when you are very close to win that prize most of these romanian servers go down and you get a 404 error message.
So no need to worry if anyone is taking a personal advantage of these links.

Nobody ever wins.
I've tried it out myself and as that cube was ready (after about 2000-2500 clicks and votes) I didn't got that promised email or any other form of message.

All I got was a small text below the completed cube that congratulated me and told me I should write an email to the site owner.But there was no email adress anywhere.

This animalut and whatever sites are FAKE and nothing else.

Reply to topic