Previous topic :: Next topic
where we are / update continued
DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 am   

Jeanne wrote:
But why? When peasants didn't count it was the click ave that was deciding ranking order?

Which is why some dynasties left them as peasants till they got to dyn ave or as some dynasties had in their descriptions "good clickers only" or variations thereof. They wanted people with better averages to help boost them up

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am   

Now you're just being argumentative.

When it was dyn ave that counted most dynasties had a a set of rules determining when a peasant got promoted and it was usually when reaching a certain average but even before reaching that ave and being peasants they counted (pulling down) in the total dyn ave - yet dynasties had peasants.

When click ave counted and peasants didn't - most dynasties promoted all as long as they clicked - some dynasties even kept a bunch of negative members cause having 10 that clicked average 150 each meant 1,500 extra on the click ave +++ that meant allied competitors had that much less room for positive maybe multi-link showing smaller allies.

As for descriptions saying good clickers only (yourself included had that) ... don't we all prefer good clickers? Have you ever seen a job add saying apply also if you are lazy?

Your last sentence is back to when it was dyn ave and 2 small dynasties (your own Eternity being 1 of them) only wanted members with ave 500+ to sail passed everyone else - the rest of the dynasties still accepted ave 0 members.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:42 am   

Sorry Jeanne, my bad. how remiss of me to think my opinions were worthy next to yours.

Back to topic regardless of what we have had before this isnt any better ( do you agree Jeanne, please do as I really dont want to recant this comment as well)

*bows & begs for forgiveness*

yes your of course right when it comes to the Mob, Eternity & myself. after all we are the only ones to ever take any advantage (accordinging to you as you have only ever mentioned those)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Sorry Jeanne, my bad. how remiss of me to think my opinions were worthy next to yours.

LOL - you were my mentor I owe it all to you :razz:

DemonicJ wrote:
Back to topic regardless of what we have had before this isnt any better ( do you agree Jeanne, please do as I really dont want to recant this comment as well)

I couldn't agree more: This is definitely not better :cry:

DemonicJ wrote:
*bows & begs for forgiveness*

Hmm Ok since it's you :lol:

DemonicJ wrote:
yes your of course right when it comes to the Mob, Eternity & myself. after all we are the only ones to ever take any advantage (accordinging to you as you have only ever mentioned those)

So sorry if you feel attacked that were never my intention.

I bring up The Mob, Eternity and yourself not because (?) you (?) they (?) were the only ones to take advantage of the system, but because you are the one raising the issue and that seems strange to me knowing that you were part of it, and I did say you included - included meaning you were not alone in doing it. Also I talk about what I know for sure and I do know most about the Mob.

Let me make clear I will be the first to defend the Mob: We only did what others did too.

Ok I mentioned Eternity being 1 of the 2 so to be fair to you NF was the other!

*Bows and begs for your forgiveness* :wink:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 am   

Jeanne wrote:
because you are the one raising the issue and that seems strange to me knowing that you were part of it

Yes I worked within any & all rules implemented here (no not the implementation, like everyone else here I find out as it/or after it happens). Doesnt mean I have to like them or agree with them, which is why im commenting

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 am   

Fair enough - just seemed to me you were knocking both of the old systems (and mixing them).

This latest with minimum counts discourage displaying links it can be seen in the bottom left corner "clicks done" and in the growing amount of negative dynasty members.

If the purpose is to turn Yarolds back to an exchange site I am afraid it will become a very small exchange site.
I am a MMC link holder and my link does not benefit from being on this site - I think most MMC link holders leave should it become about only exchange and since DC, Squiby and many other link types are now accepted in some auto visitor sites I think many of those would leave too

What Yarolds has is the unique Dynasty game (a kind of RPG) and making that so complicated and boring as it is now (not to mention unfair when only 2-4 dynasties can really compete against each other) could end with that breaking down and many more leaving.

Reading SN's in my alliance I already see many talk about leaving - it is sad and frustrating :sad: But - Hey - with the game so boring I have plenty of time to nag here :wink:

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
only 2-4 dynasties can really compete against each other

may I disagree withe you!
I suppose all dynasty compete withe some one :)
not for the top but withe there nabers up and down

I don't wan to be n1 dynasty, (I don't have any chance :lol: ), but at list have my (dynasty) 2000 dynasty in a day ore see all my member clicking in a day. that's very good for me and it is snuff

my dynasty is unique in yarol's because it is the only one that just accept new members to it, helping them to learner and to use yarold's in the best way

I know that this politic it isn't the better one for me because I can't have many allays but that's OK

may I suggest that all the dynasty should have a certain number of newbies in there teems!

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 pm   

I did mean compete for the top ranking, I know not all dynasties want to but I think all should be able to if they wanted it.

I believe all dynasties has newbies - I have had some who only just reg. an account same day.

misunkyno 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 am   

ok i havent spoken here yet. i know im a bit late but have been very busy - my last week in my foreign country.

anyway - i agree with jeanne on many matters.

the new system isnt fair cause basically smaller dynasties have no way a possibility go to the top. i dont mind personally that respect isnt on top, for me theres another problem that rises: when a new member joins yarolds, what dynasty will he choose? the one on the bottom or one of the first ones? you can answer yourself.

that means lately i have almost no members joining, or i get those who had been kicked out of others. thats not fair..

im very happy to have the peasant status back - i hated the promoting-demoting every night, plus as it has been said, its a "learning" rank and it also is more acceptable to have negatives there than among daimyos.

back to the ranking.. i understand big dynasties want to grow, they show many links etc.. but with a small dynasty you cant really do a big performance, not all the ppl are online plus sometimes for me, with an irregular schedule, not even the happy times are lucky cause most of the time im not at home or am asleep. so even tho i try to be a good clicker and show extras, no luck there.

showimg nore links part: i wouldnt mind showing more links but it makes no sense for me if im playing only one game! should i start (force myself to start) playing more games? no, cause i dont have time for that! my link is mmc and i created another one which honestly i dont give a ... about, and also im using my friends inactive mmc for the ahppy times.. so where is the link exchange need for me of these links since i dont need them, they are just made up or not used??

i agree the ranking should be based on average per member or something, even though thats tricky too, cause small dynasties with almost no allies (cause, its true as it has been said, ppl prefer big ones and there is no room for small ones) cant click a lot if they are lacking allies... on the other hand, if all small ones allied together, they might reach something...

i dont know what to suggest. honestly i think the last ranking system was very similar, big dynasties with 60 members on top, cause they clicked more than small ones, of course...
soo..

dunno stan.. what is your idea??? or how do you think we should attract new members into small dynasties???

[ Added: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 am ]
mao_nagra wrote:
Jeanne wrote:
only 2-4 dynasties can really compete against each other

may I suggest that all the dynasty should have a certain number of newbies in there teems!

i am willing to accept and teach everyone. actually i got two great members since yarolds changed, and had to remove negatives only for being totally inactive (ie not logging in for days), never for "just being negative"...

the question is that no one want to join my dynasty because its too small and therefore ont he bottom of the dynasty page, or not bottom but definitely not on the top.. so you cant force me to have more new members if they dont even try to join me :( cause theres no way how to get them besides picking them up on main page or so... for which, unfortunately, i have no time :(

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:25 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
I did mean compete for the top ranking, I know not all dynasties want to but I think all should be able to if they wanted it.

I'm still waiting on a valid reason why they can't.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:45 pm   

eirien wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

I'm still waiting on a valid reason why they can't.

Me too I feel we're being ignored to silence :mad:

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 pm   

Jeanne wrote:

Me too I feel we're being ignored to silence :mad:

Typical tactic. :P

They must think we give up easy, Jeanne. ;)

Koshka 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 pm   

We have a name for that at our house.

Passive Aggressive Bull (you know the rest--I have no need of another warning for speaking contrary to TPTB)

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 pm   

Maybe Stan hasn't been married and doesn't know the way to silence a woman is to give her what she wants :razz:

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 am   

Jeanne wrote:
Maybe Stan hasn't been married and doesn't know the way to silence a woman is to give her what she wants :razz:

..... and now - after that help from your side - he probably will never marry :mrgreen:

Gail 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm   

Roman wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

..... and now - after that help from your side - he probably will never marry :mrgreen:

LOL Roman--I know this thread is not about marriage, but if I had known before I married what I know about all men now--they are all the same :( , I never would have married. ;)

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 pm   

Gail wrote:
Roman wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

LOL Roman--I know this thread is not about marriage, but if I had known before I married what I know about all men now--they are all the same :( , I never would have married. ;)

Lol Gail, totally agree, all man are the same... I know for sure , when i could do it all over, I never want a husband again.

sorry stan for the off topic subject, forgive us this time please (K)

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:58 am   

uh, dont scary my future wife, its already impossible to find one

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm   

Code:
16:20:50 < SWLEBot> +---------------------------+---------+----------+
16:20:50 < SWLEBot> | name                      | members | s        |
16:20:50 < SWLEBot> +---------------------------+---------+----------+
16:20:53 < SWLEBot> | FRANCE                    |       7 | 834.4286 |
16:20:53 < SWLEBot> | HippiesHaven              |       4 | 561.0000 |
16:20:53 < SWLEBot> | Ravelry Dragon Knitters   |       8 | 534.2500 |
16:20:56 < SWLEBot> | INFINITY                  |       5 | 503.0000 |
16:20:56 < SWLEBot> | THE MOBLETS               |      20 | 502.3000 |
16:20:59 < SWLEBot> | REAL MINI VILLAGE         |      57 | 472.0351 |
16:20:59 < SWLEBot> | International Mmc aliance |      27 | 451.4444 |
16:21:01 < SWLEBot> | The Untouchables          |       9 | 444.7778 |
16:21:04 < SWLEBot> | Just 4 Fun                |      49 | 431.6122 |
16:21:05 < SWLEBot> | NET FREAKS!               |      51 | 417.6667 |
16:21:08 < SWLEBot> | MMC Mob Inc. TWC          |      39 | 416.9487 |
16:21:09 < SWLEBot> | MMC UBC                   |      54 | 408.7037 |
16:21:11 < SWLEBot> | TOP CAT'S VILLAGE         |      12 | 399.7500 |
16:21:13 < SWLEBot> | Pirate Party voters       |       2 | 397.0000 |
16:21:15 < SWLEBot> | La CaSa De MaMaSiTa       |       7 | 387.8571 |
16:21:17 < SWLEBot> | La Brute of Pimousse      |      60 | 369.6333 |
16:21:19 < SWLEBot> | Respect                   |      14 | 355.9286 |
16:21:21 < SWLEBot> | Click Tide                |       2 | 340.0000 |
16:21:23 < SWLEBot> | Champions                 |       2 | 335.0000 |
16:21:25 < SWLEBot> | One World                 |       8 | 333.7500 |
16:21:26 < SWLEBot> +---------------------------+---------+----------+

Atm ranking you want 'd look like this

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm   

No - (if that's for me) - I wanted a bottom limit at 10 or 15 members to avoid a new situation with a small dynasty sail to the top - and peasants must still count or the same can happen.

Edit: Ahh - LOL I see it doesn't look good - I am putting my own Dyn first - but if we are best at average clicks per member we should be there ehh :wink:

[ Added: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm ]
Yarold wrote:
uh, dont scary my future wife, its already impossible to find one

aww Stan - I'm not scared as long as you promise to keep me silent :razz:

Reply to topic