SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Showing links

Do you support recently deleted "You have to show at least one link on a page you click" rule?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 33 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
Voted : 47
Total Votes: 47

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 am   

I've been thinking some more about this;

For me in a dynasty of a size that can't compete for the top rank - why even bother with clicking on main? My dynasty's total score will never be high enough anyway and since I only get score for minimum, meaning I have to show as much as I click, the purpose of clicking main is really gone for all in smaller dynasties.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:04 pm   

Voted yes, but I have to say that I support the rule "show where do you want to click" for Main and Dynasty.

Being able to hide my link from History and still being able to click there is one of the VIP benefits and I think it should stay so. What benefit will be there from being VIP if not that? Just the 2 000 credits if I buy the VIP or just the "I have the blue star" when I receive the VIP for the 60k or so clicks?

misunkyno wrote:
if someone already clicks my link in dynasty or history, they dont need to see it in main..

I thought that if I click for example my emp´s link in Main, I will not see it in Dynasty exchange when I go there because the link was already clicked and thus does not show anywhere for me until "resetted" so where is the problem? If someone clicks your link in dynasty, s/he will not see it in Main - or am I wrong? The "show link in Main" thing is mainly for newbies, so they can click a lot of links in Main - and you will receive your clicks back in most cases via History, so you will not fall into negatives I think.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm   

I don't mind showing on main. I have had 2 links on 24/7 in main, I can handle it - most newbies can't.

Should it become mandatory to display on main I will remove 3,200 clicks from there and only show/click in dynasty.

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm   

Even if it doesn't help my Dynasty ranking, I would still click main because 1. it helps my personal ranking (higher mins and sums) and 2. I click for fun and a way to pass time.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:32 pm   

i dont think you have to show on main....unless u want to click the main....same with history

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 pm   

Yes. Still better if people show in Main at least for a few minutes until they click everything here than if they do not show in Main at all. But I fear that if the rule will be resurrected, there will be dozens of Yerhotels in Main again... let us hope Stan knows what he is doing and planned some counterattack against those "high-time-limit links" smarties already :wink:

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm   

how is it gonna work? Already we have people neg in our dyn and allies. Thanks to the new update people aren't showng extras. They can barely stay postive. Once you make it mandatory to show in main, those people are never gonna be able to keep postive. Especially with the link drought thanks to the new update

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:53 pm   

If everybody ALWAYS had a link on main then it's just like the dyn exchange.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 pm   

history should not be mandatory. non vips have to show in his no matter what. Vips are given the privilage of not showing in his. so now if you make it mandatory, what is the perk of buying vip or having vip? What's the use except to have html in notes and have a nice blue star? You might as well remove vip status altogether if you make it so

misunkyno 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:11 am   

i agree its very hard for newbies. on one hand they can click a lot in main, like it used to be for a day or two, but if they dont log in for a day (in the beginning they have to get used to being really active), they end up negative very fast...

thats why im so unsure and more for no...

ps... its kinda crazy but to help newbies it should be optional for them shoing in history and mandatory for "old folks"... even tho its not fair.. but its actually a big thing when they are starting. at least with the old system it was..

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
history should not be mandatory. non vips have to show in his no matter what. Vips are given the privilage of not showing in his. so now if you make it mandatory, what is the perk of buying vip or having vip? What's the use except to have html in notes and have a nice blue star? You might as well remove vip status altogether if you make it so

When did I, or anyone, say it would be mandatory? If you want to click somewhere, show somewhere. It's that simple.

erLo 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am   

I clicked yes and misunderstood the question, so that's another for the no. My reason is, I show my main links at a different time from when I click there because of the nature of the game I'm trying to get clicks for. I try to keep things even in click/receive in main and dynasty although there are fewer links to be found in dynasty now. So for the way I manage things mandatory showing when clicking won't work for me.

erLo
new kampaku of Ravelry Dragon Knitters

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:45 pm   

misunkyno wrote:
on one hand they can click a lot in main, like it used to be for a day or two, but if they dont log in for a day (in the beginning they have to get used to being really active), they end up negative very fast...

thats why im so unsure and more for no...

What about showing in Main only when being online - turning it on after login and turning it off after logout? No problem with "I will not login for a day - I will be negative" - I do it so myself unless I forget to turn it off :mrgreen: , but with my credits it is no problem, I click lots of credits back through History and it helps my city. I am for yes, who does not want to show 24/7/365, may show only when being online or even only for a few minutes until s/he clicks all links in Main and then turn it off, enough said :)

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 pm   

CZ-Zidane wrote:

What about showing in Main only when being online - turning it on after login and turning it off after logout? No problem with "I will not login for a day - I will be negative" - I do it so myself unless I forget to turn it off :mrgreen: , but with my credits it is no problem, I click lots of credits back through History and it helps my city. I am for yes, who does not want to show 24/7/365, may show only when being online or even only for a few minutes until s/he clicks all links in Main and then turn it off, enough said :)

Try explain that to a newbie on top of all the other things they have to know from start add then language problems and you got a bunch of frustrated negative newbies.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm   

We will give it a try tommorow.

Main newbies problem is that there are no links in main. Not that they are clicked.
Vips can hide their links from history when they are not clicking.
I suggest also switching from "negatives" to "0 clicks done" already.

Blurk 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:56 pm   

I joined because I liked the idea of exchanging clicks. It turned out that clicking became a game in his own write, with people creating meaningless accounts on games with names like HH1, HH2, HH3 etc. to get higher scores :roll: .

The recently deleted rule had no function in my opinion because it was possible to show a link for a minute or so, click all there was to click and then hide your link again :cry: . Clicking in main and history just was more work, the rule didn't make it more 'fair'. I have never fully understood the function of clicking in history anyway. That part is in my opinion what makes it hard and unfair towards newbies. I would drop it all together :idea: .

The amount of links to click after implementing "the rule" also became way to high (for me). I need time to do some work too sometimes you know :wink: . This rule made it only more of a "who can horde the most in game currency." game. Just like City of MT mentioned.

As it stands now, I have to say I hate the new scoring system. At least for Dynasty. It was way more fun the way it was. I don't care how the "overall score" is calculated. I'm only interested in the Registered Members page sorted by clicks Done :shock: .

I don't want to criticize every change. I do like all the extra statistics very much and especially the Activity page :razz: .

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:31 pm   

I second that - I don't see the purpose of history page either and it will become a case of turning a link on, click all there is and turn it off again.

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:00 pm   

New to Yarolds but I thinks it's a great idea to show a link in the area you wish to click.

I came here about a year ago after a recommend and it was absolutely impossible to stay positive not being in a dynasty, even sitting and watching for 20 hours and clicking every single link in the main because there were hardly any links. I was credit raped in seconds.

I thought Yarolds was rubbish then and left within 4 days. I am sure there are people doing what I did, and trying their hardest but leaving, every single day.

I tried again about a month ago after some more badgering from said friend and was absolutly terrified to join a Dynasty becasue of the NO NEGATIVES!!! message. I was trying my hardest to get positive outside of a dynasty before I tried to join one. Again I miserably failed to stay positive just relying on the main so left again.

After a long, long chat with Bluebell and her offering more and more advice and a few words from her to get me into a dynasty I tried again.

This time round success :) simply becasue I am in a dynasty now. Should it really be that way though?

Yarolds is so right in what he says about new people and needing to get them to stay on the site. The main needs to be supported by everyone that can afford it. I try to show my link in there as much as I can, despite what my dynasty charter says simply becasue I have been there and want to help.

Either that or make history compulsary, which I really don't agree with as it's a real pain having to cut and paste my links in and out each time I want to show extras (not being a VIP I get credit raped from history in seconds)

Just my ten pennies worth after being the poor noob who everyone used to credit rape :)

Step back and forget dynsasty politics and competition for a second and who can be best. If Yarolds gets more members staying around then the smaller dynasties will grow as large as the big ones! Thats why there is a dynasty member limit at a guess?

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 pm   

People were complaining about those who could show extra links, and now there's no incentive to show extra links so people don't (why should they?) and now people are complaining there's not enough links?

Can't have it both ways I guess. ;)

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 am   

eirien wrote:
People were complaining about those who could show extra links, and now there's no incentive to show extra links so people don't (why should they?) and now people are complaining there's not enough links?

Can't have it both ways I guess. ;)

I'm specifically talking about the main for someone without a dynasty in my post, how many people flash extras to the main for people in no dynasties?

In fact if you're new and not in a dynasty you know nothing about happy hours and extras.

My incentive to show my extra links even though I am not a VIP is for helping my dynasty, not sure what others motivations were and why those motivations would have changed?

Reply to topic