stirred, not shaken update
LeandroJF 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm   

My stats today:

Total clicks received today: 564
Total clicks done today: 1048

never got this before

and there is still 6 hours to the reset.

Tks Stan for the updates.

Regards

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:09 am   

thanks stan but anyway of getting total clicks received and given back on registered users page?

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 am   

Xazy wrote:
I don't hate the changes, I'm just annoyed by people who are trying to get around the system by showing Yer Hotel, even if I understand their motives :P

The site goes commercial. That's the problem. The 12 year old kids with a 50 Euro allowance a month can't afford to buy (worthless) credits.

And: Let's see what happens with the YerHotel thing...

Xazy wrote:
chvchv he is not saying you can't afford 1mil credits, I assume that there's something in the system that would prevent you from purchasing that many.

What would it be ? There is no limit when I try to purchase 1.000.000 credits. It goes all the way though to the PayPal page where I just need to confirm the 2078.35 Euro order. Would Yarold then tell me that I can get the 1.000.000 credits after I've paid the money ?

Xazy wrote:
as for yarold making money, I have never personally put money into the site (though I know others have on my behalf), although I care about making my dynasty happy by doing what the emperor asks of me, ultimately it is not important to me about where my dynasty is ranked as long as I have a good time and get clicks on my links.

Exactly!!!! Absolutely right!! We all just wanna have fun. The old system was perfectly ok. There was no need to complicate the ranking and mess up everything. Just read this whole thread. There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

The fun is over. The new system is too complicated.

I'll observe the thing for a while, just to see what's happening now.

------------------------------

@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic. In fully understand. Money is the reason for all of that. There will be members buying credits. Now more than ever, because now "it makes sense" (higher average, higher ranking). I'm not going to spend any money on virtual worthless credits which don't buy me anything except for the fake feeling that I am the best member at Yarolds with the highest Ave.

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 am   

chv, I am happy with the new updates for a reason far from Bruno's...my reason is similar to DemonicJ's. If you can show extra links then you can still have a high ranking...but of course it means losing credits. So I will gather credits up, and when I go away, I will show all 10 for the allies and still MAKE clicks and my average won't go down the drain. I still show extras at Happy Hours anyway. :)

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:11 am   

Wolverines wrote:
thanks stan but anyway of getting total clicks received and given back on registered users page?

added

Quote:
@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic.

Im avoiding talking on this topic talking about it. But i might stop doing that if you continue to use whining tone.
Quote:
In fully understand.

im afraid it might be not that simple
Quote:
Money is the reason for all of that.

Nope, you have reason here.
Quote:
I'm not going to spend any money on virtual worthless credits

Thank you, your decisions are valued.

Quote:
It goes all the way though to the PayPal

silly me, fixed

So far i fell that im more 'money hungry' by putting more and more limits.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 am   

Well Stan since you're answering direct questions:

Why do you make such huge changes to the site without putting a "feeler" out among the users first?

The last big update in November last year was a disaster just look how many good members has left because of the frustrations and animosity it caused.

You didn't have to make this so extensive to stop the problems at hand not then nor now.

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:06 am   

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic.

Im avoiding talking on this topic talking about it. But i might stop doing that if you continue to use whining tone.

I don't whine. (Sniff).
It's of course your decision if you go commercial or not. The members will figure that out by themselves over time. The only problem is that commercializing would change the whole nature of this link exchange.

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
In fully understand.

im afraid it might be not that simple
chvchv wrote:
Money is the reason for all of that.

Nope, you have reason here.

Thanks for the link. This makes totally sense. You're right. I don't have a solution for that right now, but I'll let you know when I have an idea.

I don't think that the "stirred, not shaken update" solves the problem.

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
It goes all the way though to the PayPal

silly me, fixed

I'm glad I could help to find a bug.

What is the limit ? How many credits can someone buy and over what period of time ?

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:14 am   

Quote:
There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

First, that is not true, as anyone who reads carefully this thread can see.

Second, there are always more people complaining than congratuling. This is typical human behaviour.

Last but not least, as Leandro noticed, just check how many clicks were done on Yarold today, compared to the last days. And this is only the beginning...
Last edited by Bruno73 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total  

greenfish 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 am   

I find this discussion very amusing. People take this way too seriously. I click and people click me and my city grows. Isn't that the point of this site? The rest is irrelevant. I'm ok with the change. It is actually kind of nice to easily see how many people clicked you.

Ok you can resume your arguing now.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 am   

I could already see how many clicks received before the update. Staying postive with links on main is pretty hard for people unless you have a link that's boycotted, like my pokeplushie link when I 1st joined. I had my link on both main and dyn and managed to hoard 1k. But that was only because my link was a boycotted link. And it doesn't solve the problem of feeders. In fact a emp and his shoguns could buy up a boatload of credits and then pay their members to show 10 links 24/7. Everyone remains postive. And everyone clicks alot and their avg shoot up straight through the roof, and their members remain postive. How are you going to prevent that?

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 am   

So we had 24 hours to look at it and use it...

Even with all of those YerHotel links and me participating in 2 happy hours with 10 links showing, I managed to give more clicks than I received...

I don't see any problem here!

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 am   

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:
There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

First, that is not true, as anyone who read carefully this thread can see.

Second, there are always more people complaining than congratuling. This is typical human behaviour.

Last but not least, as Leandro noticed, just check how many clicks were done on Yarold today, compared to the last days. And this is only the beginning...

So lets do the math:

You show 10 links on Main, History and Dynasty all day long. You've received 3627 clicks yesterday and you've clicked 1318 links. So yesterday has cost you 2309 credits. You have currently 7310 credits (it was 7750 credits just half an hour ago). With the current rate you will be broke in 3,16 days (Sunday morning). I will continue to observe!

What are you going to do then when you don't have any more credits to show your links ?
Will you buy credits ?
Will you beg for credits ? (Don't ask me. I will not give you any!!)
Will you stop showing 10 links all day long ? Oops... And here is the problem: If you don't show 10 links all day long, then you will not have an Ave of 3627 anymore. It will drop dramatically, because you can only show as many links as you click yourself (except for when you buy credits).

BTW: Forget your dream that everyone is going to show 10 links everywhere all day long. This is not going to happen.

00quick00 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 pm   

I was one of the first few people who were using Yer Hotel and campaigned for a change from the previous link cost of 5 credits to 1 credit due to that most people were receiving only one valid click after ~50 people from Yarold clicked on their link. Though now it seems that Yer Hotel is now costing 40 credits to display, in that case I'll be leaving Yer Hotel since I cannot afford 40,000 credits a day just to get 20 valid clicks.

Bye everyone!

bodisson-2 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 pm   

hello,

if it's not too much , can we have the 2 SumAvg columns by member in the registered members page

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:00 pm   

And could you add the 'SumAvg' to the profile, too?

sansprofiteur 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 pm   

Mr Yarolds

I come in this section to have of the help as his title indicates it, and as naturally I find only squabble like in the rest of the forum moreover.
Can we have a true section of help please?
Thank you.

Regards
sansprofiteur

BAS 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:24 pm   

im not sure whats happing? is it costing me 40 credits to get 1 click? why not just remove the waiting period? or set it to 2 minutes or 5 minutes? i like my yerhotel game and now im like a criminal on here for wanting to play it?

vixibelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 pm   

I'm not sure I understand any of this. Last night, when I went to bed, I had around 600 credits. I only show one link in dynasty only. Today, I am negative. ******* is up with THAT?!

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm   

I'm out!

This sh** does not make any fun anymore.

Have a nice life!

@Yarold: Please delete my account tomorrow.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 pm   

BAS wrote:
im not sure whats happing? is it costing me 40 credits to get 1 click? why not just remove the waiting period? or set it to 2 minutes or 5 minutes? i like my yerhotel game and now im like a criminal on here for wanting to play it?

Maybe Yerhotel admins want the waiting period and Mr. Yarold can do nothing with that? And because there was A LOT of Yerhotels yesterday in Main (people thought "Have I to show link in Main? I will put Yerhotel here, it will cost me only a few credits and I will be able to click OK", so probably Mr. Yarold wanted to do something with that. Anyway it probably helped, Main is not clogged with unclickable Yerhotels anymore. So you can express your thanks to the people clogging Main with Yerhotels just to be able to click and not caring about the game...

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.