FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Yarold
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 pm
stirred, not shaken update
turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 pm   

Set profile link 25 dyn, hist and main. At the time of posting this has cost me 292? Where did I get it wrong?
Have no allies so why is my credit still falling?

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm   

I have seen several people ask - but it still has not been answered - why - since this is the first day - did some folks get to keep their avg while others were set to 0? Would someone care to explain just how this is fair?

Hella 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm   

Well, I surely choose I good day to come back here! Somewhat confusing. Maybe I should just get a Hotel ^^

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm   

Hella wrote:
Well, I surely choose I good day to come back here! Somewhat confusing. Maybe I should just get a Hotel ^^

great.. one more link i can not click... just what is needed.

sorry, but getting tired of seeing more and more hotels, while i can only click one every 2 hours!

and while i cant click them.. they do click my unicreature link. (( or dragcave, if i show that one ))

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

norrbotten 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm   

The new system is not my problem, this is that I have:

Dynasty clicks done: 293
Dynasty clicks done today: 130
Average Dynasty clicks done: 0

While someone else can have:

Dynasty clicks done: 348
Dynasty clicks done today: 0
Average Dynasty clicks done: 348

So it's not changing the system that's making me angry, it's the malfunction that makes me wanna leave!!

P.S

I've done about 300 dyn clicks today after 7.00 server time and get 130 counted.

D.S

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm   

norrbotten wrote:
The new system is not my problem, this is that I have:

Dynasty clicks done: 293
Dynasty clicks done today: 130
Average Dynasty clicks done: 0

While someone else can have:

Dynasty clicks done: 348
Dynasty clicks done today: 0
Average Dynasty clicks done: 348

So it's not changing the system that's making me angry, it's the malfunction that makes me wanna leave!!

P.S

I've done about 300 dyn clicks today after 7.00 server time and get 130 counted.

D.S

I say that in my post:

albacyty wrote:
I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally. If these changes were made at the reset, all would start from 0 at the same time.

The way that Stan has done this, he has benefited members who play at the end of "yarold day".

Some of us click after the reset. Get most of our clicks before bedtime.

When we return for the 06.00 HH, we find our accounts at 0. After having done 90% of our clicks.

But who does the clicks at the last minute, gets the advantage ... WHY??? Some of my members want to leave Yarold because of this inequality made by Stan.

Therefore, I think it's right for a new reset, where we can all be equal. Where we can all start from 0.

and that is the reason! he do it before of reset! then, there was people clicking, and others no... who was clicking when he make the change, after reset have his scores, and who was not here before of reset have 0!!!

then, now, EVERYONE ARE NO EQUAL, SOME PEOPLE START WITH 0 AND OTHER PEOPLE START WITH CLICKS DONE AND RECEIVE!!!

That is not right, Stan!!!

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 pm   

Quote:
I was so proud of my stats , when i went to registerd members and clicked ''most clicks done'' to saw Ferrari on 1st place in that yarold page... and now all stats are gone........

They were not reset

Quote:
Sorting the Registered Members page on Total Clicks Done was my favourite 'game'.
That alone was a reason to come back every day and click like crazy.
With that gone, what's the point now :roll:

Same, they were not reset.
Also you skip reading of my post:
Quote:
You you can write if you need any column added.

Quote:
I'm sorry - can you point out what part is good? I don't know what you mean by credit transfers - is this supposed to be evil now? I don't know - only credits I ever transfered was to keep one of our members from going negative - guess I'll quit that now - other than that - all I see is is difficult to understand and no reason given for any of it. and I also have no clue what is meant by givers and takers - I am here to get clicks for my link - nothing more - nothing less - now it seems we have to play a game while we are here - I see no point in turning a click exchange into a game- there are enough of those already

Im sorry but what exacly forces you to play this game? If your only for clicks then no number than clicks received should matter to you, and ironicaly this one have been added

Quote:
I woke up this morning and had zero in Average Dynasty clicks done. If everyone had zero it would have been understandable but now....
Then I click about 250 dynasty links and I get: Dynasty clicks done today: 83 ???????

Yarold takes up a lot of time but it was a lot of fun when I understood how to reach a gole, but now... Is the meaning that I should click all that I can and pray to some god that it will count and that I maybe, if I get lucky, will get an average over zero again.

I will look into that

Quote:
yes according to my clicks received and clicks done + the amount of credits I have bought how many credits should I have now? and since I don't even have a fraction where are they? They have been given to other users so they could show more links and get more clicks.

Now where does that stat show? since we're aiming for recognizing "efforts".

No such idea was proposed anywhere before. I suggest suggestion board to work on it fully as this is only a concept.

Quote:
I understand Yarold's reason for making this change, it is to encourage people to click outside of the dynasty page, and offer links outside of dynasty as well... you could already do the former, and it seems some folks want to cheat their way out of the latter :/

That is correct. Mayby i'll think of banning cheaters.

Quote:
Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

Will take that as a need for some 'referral contest'

Quote:
alot of hard work from everyone is just gone

It is not gone, see up

Quote:
I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally.

Im sorry but it couldnt been done in better way. Please also include that, at first there was a problem with counting, then some things that should happen at reset didnt worked, and finnaly it was 30min after reset when i could check if next one will work.

Quote:
now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits....

Please explain me how it was more fair when you were clicked by people who only showed link on dynasty page, where you didnt have any access.

Quote:
4. why is the box for "links" in "customize" not set to be checked by default, is this also to help the "main" exchange?

It is because you checked that by yourself.

Quote:
I have seen several people ask - but it still has not been answered - why - since this is the first day - did some folks get to keep their avg while others were set to 0? Would someone care to explain just how this is fair?

Ok, yesterday will be erased so it will be fair for everyone.

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:25 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:

I don't think anyone "kept their average". After the new "accounting system" came on-line, ~3 hours before last Y* reset (nice music video during the down time, by the way) all our averages/clicks/totals were reset to zero.

The averages/ prior day totals/ etc reflect only the activity after the "system stats reset" and before last 07:00 Y* reset. If you didn't click during the last few hours before last Y* reset, then you will still have a zero average.

Will someone "in the know" correct me if I'm wrong?

Happy clicking,

[edit] Nevermind...ninja'd by the man:)[/edit]

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm   

Yarold wrote:

Quote:
now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits....

Please explain me how it was more fair when you were clicked by people who only showed link on dynasty page, where you didnt have any access.

i've never said it was more fair...this is the same....i pay a lot of credits to be clicked by ppl i can't click back... not important if it's because they don't show the link or show link with 2hrs waiting time (creating just to be able to click in main/history).... before it was even better coz i could click those who clicked me at least in history which i can't now without showing link ALSO there....so finally yes i have to say it was more fair for me before

Yarold wrote:
Quote:
4. why is the box for "links" in "customize" not set to be checked by default, is this also to help the "main" exchange?

It is because you checked that by yourself.

well i'm sure i didn't. coz i came today and see no links in "main" then came to profile where was checked the box for dynasty and "main"...i had to uncheck both and check them back.....

why don't you answer my other questions, please? especially what problem was with total-clicks-done/received statistics that they had to be removed?

i also asked (i copied them so you needn't search for those questions):

1. how this change helps to eliminate so called feeder dynasties?
2. how the removing of total-clicks-done and total-clicks-received statistics helped to eliminate "feeder" dynasties or to see more links in "main"?
3. what reason is to have a "history" when i have to show there a link to click someone who already clicked me? is there then a difference between "history" and "main"?
5. where can be found the explanations for all that new columns?

thanks in advance

ratchet freak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:21 pm   

here's an idea; disband all dynasties that way they have to show their real links in main and history

and the only reason I joined my first is that I wanted to ensure people followed up on my action links (pre CARE days)

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 pm   

Here is a tough question for Yarold:

Now that the clicks we receive and the clicks we make are used to calculate the average and ranking, did you do that to make people to buy credits ?

The scenario: I buy a million credits (that's 2000 Euros. I could do that without a problem, but I won't do it for sure). I show 10 Minicity links all day long and I don't make a single click by myself. Being in a Dynasty with 400 members means that I will get up to 4000 clicks. (4000+0)/2=2000. Will I wind up with an Ave of (up to) 2000 for the next year and will I then be looked at as the best member? I so, then this would be totally unfair to those who can't buy any credits and have to click their way up. Even the best ones only wound up will only wind up with an Ave of about 1000, spending hours and hours on the computer, while I do absolutely nothing.

So: Money talks, forget the rest?

Sejjas 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:57 pm   

yes I have thought so too, if you then still click 800 you have absolutely the best, so this is again just for players with money!

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm   

chvchv wrote:
Here is a tough question for Yarold:

Now that the clicks we receive and the clicks we make are used to calculate the average and ranking, did you do that to make people to buy credits ?

The scenario: I buy a million credits......

- removed 'buy credits' link hidding after donations limit is hit
- disabled form on 'buy credits' when limit is hit

I don't know what that limit is, but i think low enough to enforce people keep clicking for their credits.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 pm   

Sejjas wrote:
yes I have thought so too, if you then still click 800 you have absolutely the best, so this is again just for players with money!

yes I agree, it seems even worse than before. Now only dyns who can afford to buy credits can reach the top. Dyns who clcik their way up can never hope to reach the top

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Sejjas wrote:

yes I agree, it seems even worse than before. Now only dyns who can afford to buy credits can reach the top. Dyns who clcik their way up can never hope to reach the top

I have already discussed this issue with Bruno73 a while ago. It looks like that Yarold wants to make money with this website. Well.... he can do it... it's his website. But he kills the fun for everyone by doing so. I can't see how this new system benefits anyone else. Everybody hates the changes, except for Bruno73.

<cynicism>Thanks Bruno73 !!!!!</cynicism> I hope you are happy now. You now have 5601 enemies.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm   

Quote:
i've never said it was more fair...this is the same...

ok, if you say so

Quote:
why don't you answer my other questions, please?

you skip reading of my posts i skip yours

Quote:
: I buy a million credits

Im afraid you cant.

chvchv 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm   

[message deleted by god]
Last edited by chvchv on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total  

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 pm   

thank you very much

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:32 pm   

I don't hate the changes, I'm just annoyed by people who are trying to get around the system by showing Yer Hotel, even if I understand their motives :P

chvchv he is not saying you can't afford 1mil credits, I assume that there's something in the system that would prevent you from purchasing that many.

as for yarold making money, I have never personally put money into the site (though I know others have on my behalf), although I care about making my dynasty happy by doing what the emperor asks of me, ultimately it is not important to me about where my dynasty is ranked as long as I have a good time and get clicks on my links.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm   

Quote:
So, will I get an answer to my question ?

Quote:
Will I wind up with an Ave of (up to) 2000 for the next year and will I then be looked at as the best member?

"false => truth" is truth* so answer is yes.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_conditional

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.