Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 pm
stirred, not shaken update
DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 am   

Jeanne wrote:
yes according to my clicks received and clicks done + the amount of credits I have bought how many credits should I have now? and since I don't even have a fraction where are they? They have been given to other users so they could show more links and get more clicks.

Now where does that stat show? since we're aiming for recognizing "efforts".

And since you have referrals that are strong clickers (myself being one) then a bunch of your clicks received is thanks to them not to your efforts..

What you & others do with your credits is your own call. To answer where they show up in the stats, I would have thought that obvious. You or others transfer to a neg you click the links you get the clicks added to your stats. Same now as it was before. What my referrals click has nothing to do with who has clicked me. never has & still wont affect the numbers I do

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am   

DemonicJ wrote:

What my referrals click has nothing to do with who has clicked me. never has & still wont affect the numbers I do

It sure does since you get a fraction of a credit for each click your referrals make it means you can receive more clicks than you make.

When you had your Xmass holiday and was gone a week your links got clicked all week - you returned to having more credits than you did when you left because a lotto pay out day happened while you were gone and your referrals clicked like crazy.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 am   

Thos whole ordeal seems to be an unnecessary mess.... :roll:

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:32 am   

Solrayne wrote:
Thos whole ordeal seems to be an unnecessary mess.... :roll:

Agreed and how this will stop feeder dynasties is beyond my comprehension.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am   

Jeanne wrote:
It sure does since you get a fraction of a credit for each click your referrals make it means you can receive more clicks than you make.

When you had your Xmass holiday and was gone a week your links got clicked all week - you returned to having more credits than you did when you left because a lotto pay out day happened while you were gone and your referrals clicked like crazy.

Now your making this personal?? If it means that much to you, go recruit like I did. Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

Just remember this, I didnt bring in the change, I didnt code it, I didnt even get asked about it. So if you feel that strongly about it, direct your rantings (objectively rather than personally) where they belong. As I said before, I like what the changes are aimed at doing & I think those that give as many links as they take should be recognised

Jeanne wrote:

Thats a comment I do agree with though. The only way to stop feeder dynasties & feeder members is to stop credit transfers

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 am   

DemonicJ wrote:

Now your making this personal?? If it means that much to you, go recruit like I did. Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

No I am not making it personal - sorry if it sounds like that (blame it on my very high level of frustrations over this update) I am responding to your explanations and yes I do think people should be rewarded for bringing new members to the site I just don't think it should be a "life-sentence" to be a referral. It is not "fair" that I get a fraction less for my clicks done than the next guy.

DemonicJ wrote:

Jeanne wrote:

Thats a comment I do agree with though. The only way to stop feeder dynasties & feeder members is to stop credit transfers

Oh Jay - no comments

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am   

Jeanne wrote:
It is not "fair" that I get a fraction less for my clicks done than the next guy.

Can you show me anywhere where its written as a referal you dont get the full click credit?

Then get the topic back on subject

Cookie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 pm   

you nows what this means..
alot of hard work from everyone is just gone
ferrari is right so is sks so is Jeanne and manny others even boots....
this hole thing is just a mess
and people wil even leave more...
there are olready friends gone
because of all the changes that were going on...

my fun died a long time ago....

sorry :cry:

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 pm   

I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally. If these changes were made at the reset, all would start from 0 at the same time.

The way that Stan has done this, he has benefited members who play at the end of "yarold day".

Some of us click after the reset. Get most of our clicks before bedtime.

When we return for the 06.00 HH, we find our accounts at 0. After having done 90% of our clicks.

But who does the clicks at the last minute, gets the advantage ... WHY??? Some of my members want to leave Yarold because of this inequality made by Stan.

Therefore, I think it's right for a new reset, where we can all be equal. Where we can all start from 0.

Also, I was waiting for another change that we did talk about for a long time " allow emps to assign priveleges (accepting/promoting/clicking) only to certain individuals " - this would stop a lot of troubles.

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:31 pm   

i am wondering whether this is yarolds, or yer hotel exchance... i stopped playing yer hotel, but now neither history nor main is even worth turning a link for.. its all links i cant click, or have to come back every two hours for to click one link, then wait two hours, click a hotel again..

if more and more people start showing yer hotel, i might be one of the people that decides to leave yarolds. i do not mind having to set a link on for main to click main or history, but i do mind having tons of un-clickable links around, while knowing that they can click me since i mostly play dragcave or unicreatures. there are at least 6 hotels on the dynasty exchange alone.. i never get to click all of those on a day, either. now there are even more unclickable links.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm   

Yes. As I said here before, YerHotel links are getting annoying. 20 Yerhotels in Main now.

Main clogged with Yerhotel, History clogged with Yerhotel... yes, people share links on Main. But how that helps others when I am not able to click those Yerhotels because of the two hours limit? I wonder if Mr. Yarold did not think about the "have I to show link on Main? Yerhotel is great idea, nobody can click it because of the limit!" thing or if he sees it as a serious problem already and is thinking about some counter-action...those Yerhotels are REALLY getting annoying...

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 pm   

i advised the few members i have in my dynasty to no longer use main or history, and only click in dynasty.

with allthe hotels, there simply is nothing worth clicking on those two pages anymore.

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm   

I know another solution, but just to the Yer Hotel problem. Many will not like it, but many will.

Ban Yer Hotel links. Do not allow them on the site...when somebody tries to put a YH link up, make an error that says 'Yer Hotel links are not allowed on this site; Sorry.'

That is a way to get rid of the YH's...but some actually DO want clicks on their YH links...so there are problems with that.

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:02 pm   

First impressions:

Just a bit confusing for some, but I don't think so. It's nice to see gained vs given averages. I try to make it a zero-sum game by keeping my credit at a nearly constant level (with a nice cushion for sponsoring contests or crazy clicking days) and am now expecting these averages to reflect that. Thus making me a good "exchanger"? It's not too difficult using "Customize" to bring back the old view if you like, but I usually only option to see "links" except once or twice a day to read short notes.

Nice to see all the extra stats. Easy to identify who is gaining but not giving and should make it easier for many EMPs on deciding who to keep vs kicking and accepting new members when needs arise.

It's also nice to bring the playing field back to level by resetting stats. Maybe upsetting to some from reading above comments, but IMO, it's just the start of a new season, per se, and we should be judged with current performance and not so much living in the past.

Thank you, Stan, for stirring the soup :)

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:11 pm   

Another something I do not understand...it tells me my average dyn clicks done are 0...yet others are at 399 and some even 500! I do not understand how it could be that way?

Gary 
n00b

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 pm   

iFly wrote:
I know another solution, but just to the Yer Hotel problem. Many will not like it, but many will.

Ban Yer Hotel links. Do not allow them on the site...when somebody tries to put a YH link up, make an error that says 'Yer Hotel links are not allowed on this site; Sorry.'

That is a way to get rid of the YH's...but some actually DO want clicks on their YH links...so there are problems with that.

I was thinking of that, imo i think they should, also phantasyrpg links should be banned too, because if yerhotel was banned then everyone would put up those phantasyrpg links.

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:36 pm   

well as always.....instead of simple change (for example like i suggested here http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/v...er=asc&start=60 you again decided to punish common members.... instead of trying to help the members you made all harder for them.... insteda of trying to solve the problem with "action links" you made so called human awareness test (lmao) which helps nothing just annoys... and now? instead of solving the problems with so called feeder dynasties and (finally) the problem with links in "main" you made this....thing... since i've joined i almost always showed my link in "main", even as a non-vip, now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits.... (btw. i suggest you the phantasy rpg game, much more helpfull!)
really thanks for helping me with my game.....!
there is only one reason to stay for me, the friends i found here. be sure it's not the link exchange...those <5% of valid clicks i receive for my my-brute link i can get on hydra too or maybe even by spamming my contacts on icq....

at the end, can someone explain me, please:
1. how this change helps to eliminate so called feeder dynasties?
2. how the removing of total-clicks-done and total-clicks-received statistics helped to eliminate "feeder" dynasties or to see more links in "main"?
3. what reason is to have a "history" when i have to show there a link to click someone who already clicked me? is there then a difference between "history" and "main"?
4. why is the box for "links" in "customize" not set to be checked by default, is this also to help the "main" exchange?
5. where can be found the explanations for all that new columns?
Last edited by sks on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm   

This is to my view the best update that could ever be made, thank you so much for that, Stan!

Please all give this new scoring system a try before rejecting it or leaving Yarold.

Now we are really going to exchange links as clicks received will count as much as clicks done.

What is now the strategy to adopt? Still to click like crazy but also to show like crazy!

10 links 24/7 for all VIPs is now just a question of time... :grin:

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 pm   

I still do not understand why it tells me my 'Average Dynasty Clicks done' is 0 while others' are up to 400....

And I agree with Bruno. this is day 1 of the new system and people are being so pessimistic. Look on the bright side and please give this system a try. :)

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm   

the new system on its own is not what frustrates me... its what some do toget around it, is! (( those **** yer hotel links!! and if some follow the advice from here, we will see those annoying fantasy rpg links again, too ))

the3 rest i am willing to give a try for a few days begfore deciding.

and bruno: ten link? that will be the end of yarolds for me.. i do not have ten game links that interest me! and i refuse to sign up for more games then i am interested in.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.