Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Yarold
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 pm
stirred, not shaken update
Cookie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 am   

i give up....

i think i'm just gone stop my game and yarold...

problem solved

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:47 am   

Even my own emperor suggested this (sorry Jeanne), but I disagree with people who are showing their Yer Hotel link as the only link in main/history just so they can click those pages...

I understand Yarold's reason for making this change, it is to encourage people to click outside of the dynasty page, and offer links outside of dynasty as well... you could already do the former, and it seems some folks want to cheat their way out of the latter :/

if you don't want to share a real link in main, then don't expect to click there... there are already very few links in main as it is, and if everyone wants to start posting a link with a really long reset time (ie Yer Hotel), then there will never be a large number of good links in main... just pages and pages of links nobody can click.

tl;dr, posting a crap link in main causes more problems than it solves!
if you are worried about credits, turn off your links when you go AFK or when you're not clicking in general. show a *real* link when clicking. you GET what you GIVE.

(and of course, this doesn't apply to people who use yer hotel as their only link in the first place)

-
PS.
when so many people show a Yer Hotel link, think about what the site is like for a newbie/someone who is not in a dynasty...

dragonspiritdp 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 am   

Orphiania wrote:

You mean you have to click 25 links before your link will appear? :???:

No, that means that if you set limit on your link, it must be at least 10 (not 25, see last point). This option is only available if you set Advanced Mode in the Account tab in your profile.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 am   

Xazy, you are right. When I saw this update and realized that I have to set link visible on Main, I thought "and what if I set Yerhotel, it would not cost me too many credits and I will be able to click on MAIN all day", so I think Mr. Yarold has to do something with this or there would be dozens of unclickable Yerhotels - maybe set the limit to a few minutes instead of two hours? Or something, anything...

dragonspiritdp 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:08 am   

CZ-Zidane wrote:
Yarold has to do something with this or there would be dozens of unclickable Yerhotels - maybe set the limit to a few minutes instead of two hours? Or something, anything...

Two hours? Then it's already improved - it used to be 5 or 6 hours if I remember correctly.
Last edited by dragonspiritdp on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total  

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 am   

The current wait time for Yer Hotel is based on that site's rules (a visitor can only go in a hotel after a certain amount of time has passed since the last one), so Yarold shortening the time on the link exchange wouldn't be a fair trade for the people who are legitimately playing that game.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am   

MssMolko wrote:
can someone tel me again why i joyned yarold a few years ago....

i'm starting to forget :twisted: :evil:

And me

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am   

Xazy wrote:
The current wait time for Yer Hotel is based on that site's rules (a visitor can only go in a hotel after a certain amount of time has passed since the last one), so Yarold shortening the time on the link exchange wouldn't be a fair trade for the people who are legitimately playing that game.

Do you mean Yerhotel shortened the time limit from six hours to two, not Yarold? The limit was six hours and it is two hours now.

And when I click Yerhotel after the two hours I am told "You can not make any visits right now" or something like that, so I suspected that the Yerhotel limit is six hours and Yarold shortened that just because there was too many Yerhotel links lately - there were maybe five or six of them lately in our alliance and if you can click one every six hours, you are able to click four Yerhotels a day at most. So I thought that shortening the Yerhotel limits was what Mr: Yarold did as counter-action to fight the appearing Yerhotel links - just for "DO NOT think you will set Yerhotel link, click and not be clicked". If it is not so, mea culpa, I was only trying to figure why this was done :)

And fair trade - and what if dozens of people would set Yerhotel link as their "main visible link" just for being able to click in Main? Is it fair to clog Link exchange with unclickable links just for being able to click here?

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 am   

I recommend PhantasyRPG links instead of Yerhotels

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 am   

CZ-Zidane wrote:
Do you mean Yerhotel shortened the time limit from six hours to two, not Yarold? The limit was six hours and it is two hours now.

I don't play YerHotel, I may have misunderstood some things I saw written in the forum here recently, but I think if you are a registered user of YerHotel you can visit every 2 hours, otherwise it is still 6.

Quote:
And fair trade - and what if dozens of people would set Yerhotel link as their "main visible link" just for being able to click in Main? Is it fair to clog Link exchange with unclickable links just for being able to click here?

I agree with you, I'm just saying a shorter time isn't helpful for people who actually play YerHotel (as opposed to a person who only signs up so he can have a link in Yarold's).

Cookie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 am   

the only problem is for me that i dont get anything of paypall are whatever the name is...
and paying for cr.... sorry not in to that...

the people who put links in main... need clicks... i need credits... so what is the problem the way it was??

Orphiania 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am   

dragonspiritdp wrote:
Orphiania wrote:

You mean you have to click 25 links before your link will appear? :???:

No, that means that if you set limit on your link, it must be at least 10 (not 25, see last point). This option is only available if you set Advanced Mode in the Account tab in your profile.

Thankyou very much for answering my question.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am   

13 Yerhotels in Main now. And I think it will be worse. Yes, people have a link Main visible. But I am not able to click it, so if I will set my Myminicity link as Main visible, I will lose my credits pretty quickly because I will not be able to click back. What to do with it aside of setting a Yerhotel link too?

Gary 
n00b

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:44 am   

chora wrote:
misunkyno wrote:

removing AVe is good cause then members can have more fun, less stress etc... just they need to stay positive and have their links clicked...

I agree with you too, Ave was the worst thing to stress here.

Ave was the reason why i left the dynasties, it scared me away :D

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:57 am   

Xazy wrote:
Even my own emperor suggested this (sorry Jeanne), but I disagree with people who are showing their Yer Hotel link as the only link in main/history just so they can click those pages...

Yes as a protest to these updates being forced on us without any warning - not specifically the show on the area you click - but the whole package and I also did it when seing the Hotels multiply to show that (once again) an update not well thought through.

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:01 am   

Okay Jeanne, if it is in protest then I understand ;)

boots63 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 am   

i encourage all member to add a year hotel in his profil . i'm very very disapointing , even if some change are good but it's the first time i see that the rules change between a battle!!!!! and without inform all member before . i think all member can have a minimum of respect!!! isnt'it . so like jeanne i put an year hotel in my profil ...

if you aren't stupid to the same thing....

lord-boots at your service

Spexarcity 
International MMC alliance mod

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 am   

Jeanne wrote:
Xazy wrote:

Yes as a protest to these updates being forced on us without any warning - not specifically the show on the area you click - but the whole package and I also did it when seing the Hotels multiply to show that (once again) an update not well thought through.

I absolutely agree with you!
Yarold is Yerhotel link exchange page at the moment...

:(

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 am   

I lost sight of one of my points, here:

Quote:
I understand Yarold's reason for making this change, it is to encourage people to click outside of the dynasty page, and offer links outside of dynasty as well... you could already do the former, and it seems some folks want to cheat their way out of the latter :/

the number of links on Main is generally very small...
if you force any user who wants to click on main to also show a link there, it actually benefits anyone who is NOT in a dynasty, because it gives them more links to click. Whereas if you show only in dynasty but still click main, there is little "exchange" there, it is just taking credits away from a non-dynasty user.

I think a solution that still requires you to show a link in the page you want to click:
(for example) if you are in a dynasty, all clicks on main are at a half rate (you only lose half as many credits by being clicked, you only gain half as many when clicking), but if you are not in a dynasty, the rate for gained/given is the same as for a dynasty member in his dynasty exchange...

this would encourage people to show links in main without causing harm to non-dynasty users, who are currently getting shafted by the Yer Hotel protest

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am   

Another simple solution could be that you will show in the history page of every user you have clicked.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.