SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Why did you join the dynasty you are in??
jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm   Why did you join the dynasty you are in??

Hey all, this is to be a nice and informative thread, please keep it that way. I am just wondering with all of the different dynasties out there why people chose the dynasty they are currently in... I will start.

When I joined Yaorlds it was very confusing but after a while I found that I wanted to help others not feel as frustrated as I had when I first started. While I was in a couple of the larger dynasties I was able to help some but not able to really have control and I found I liked having limited control.. I bacame friends with Roman and was about to leave yarolds when he told me he wanted to start his own dynasty and needed a kampaku.. I decided that would be the best place for me.. Since then I have made many mistake and if what I had done hurt any of you I truly apologize. This has been a very interesting road I am traveling and I learn things every day. There are so many wonderful dynasties out there and when one doesnt fit a person right there are others to try. Please tell what you like about your dynasty!! Jenn, soon to be back in the kampaku seat again!! :grin:

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm   

I signed in at Yarolds because i won 1000 credits in a contest on a MMC forum.
On that forum was also a topic about the dynasties, so i joined a big one.
In their alliance was Net Freaks with only 2 members at that time. And one day i decided to join them, just to see how it was, how they maintain amongst all those big dynasties.
Still not completely used to the big dynasty we are now, maybe it went a little too fast for me -lol-

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 pm   

I was in an MMC forum trying to get clicks to my city and some guy named DemonicJ kept talking about Yarold's. I didn't really know what it was and when I joined I did some pretty stupid stuff with my links. Eventually I found out about the dynasties and joined MMC Mob because I had a minicity and it said MMC. Lo and behold DemonicJ was there as the emp!

Pretty soon I figured out how things worked, and did really well clicking in the Mob for a while, and helped crash through all the records at the time (first to 200, 300, 350). I was there when happy hours were invented! About that point it got a bit too overwhelming to me to try to keep up with all the click limits, so I broke off to start my own dynasty (We do not CARE) which was, I think, the first dynasty to put such an emphasis on the "no negative credits" rule.

That dynasty did well, but as I saw it go up and saw MMC Mob's decline, I knew that I had to go back and help bring the mob back to what it was when I first joined, and so eventually I did that. Unfortunately, WDNC didn't last long after my departure. :(

I'm back in MMC Mob and enjoying how well we are doing and watching our allies succeed. I still enjoy watching the numbers and the stats and watching dynasties rise and fall. :)

tinnidawg 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:15 am   

I came to know about Yarolds via dragon cave forums when I was looking for a place to et views for my eggs and dragons
I joined Thriving Dragons, because that was about Dragon Cave, a couple of weeks after that I had to leave for RL reasons.
When I returned the dynasty has disbanded.
I joined Cheryl, because she was a player who had helped me understand CARE and HAT and fed me a few credits to stay positive, so rather than join the big dynasties like MMCUBC where most of the members haad joined, I joined the relatively new Respect and not so big too.
I have RL issues that force me to take time off Yarolds, and this was the perfect Empress who could understand my need.
I do not regret my decision. Right now, we are undergoing a restructuring of sorts, but our dynasty is about the people, the members and I am proud to be a part of a dynasty where those are the main motivating factors.
Cheryl, Michaela, Chardonnay, all the others, I am proud to be a part of the dynasty with you all.

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am   

I came to yarold's fallowing a link founded in a MMC forum.when I arrived I joined a dynasty were was the responsibility of that forum, PPJ2005.
Later when DaBabes City create Net Freaks I moved there,where I had the role of emperor for 15 days and kampaku for a long time until leave the place to Ella.
now I create my dynasty with the intention of helping the noob to take the first steps here in yarold's

chora 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 am   

I came to here following a suggestion from my friends about Myminicity game. As soon as i arrived, i've joined to Just 4 Fun dynasty.

Ferrari was the first friend who helped me to learn the first steps here. I really appreciated his help.

After a time, OCID created a dynasty and then i've joined to there. Now i'm a emp of eDonkers dynasty and sometimes i exchange not my links but my knowledge too here :mrgreen:

Spexarcity 
International MMC alliance mod

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:54 am   

Ella wrote:
I signed in at Yarolds because i won 1000 credits in a contest on a MMC forum.
On that forum was also a topic about the dynasties, so i joined a big one.
In their alliance was Net Freaks with only 2 members at that time. And one day i decided to join them, just to see how it was, how they maintain amongst all those big dynasties.
Still not completely used to the big dynasty we are now, maybe it went a little too fast for me -lol-

It was nearly the same: I joined like Ella the same dynasty as the first shogun, I changed for a while to the Thriving Dragons and rejoined to my former dynasty again...
Here I am until today.
:grin:
There are a lot of friends at Yarold now, not only in our own dynasty, but in the allied and other dynasties too!
Nice feeling!
:grin:

nhhk 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:58 pm   

chora wrote:

Ferrari was the first friend who helped me to learn the first steps here. I really appreciated his help.

Quote:
her :wink:

Hessen-Yeti 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 pm   

When I came to Yarold's, I had no idea at all, what dynasties are good for and how they work. So I decided to try them out.

I klicked for the dynasty-list and started with the first entry (RMV). But they kicked me almost faster than I was able to see ;-) .
Being a little shocked, I tried the next list-entry: Just4Fun.

Even though I was completeley new (my first day at Yarold's), and even though I had no statistics telling someone about my klicking, they accepted me and gave me a chance.

I realized, that it is important to klick a lot to 'help my dynasty' - so I clicked for my life ;-) (luckyly I didn't have to work that day)...

Ferrari and many others from the leader-group helped me with informations concerning H.A.T., Happy Hours etc.

Even though I don't have too much time (I have a second life beside internet ;-) ), I never regretted to join this dynasty and still try to do my best to keep it up...

Cheers
Thomas

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:35 pm   

I came to Yarolds few years ago.
At that time there were only 5 or 6 dynasty’s,
1 happy hour at 23.00,
possibility for 3 links in profile,
2 maybe 3 different languages,
and we never heard from MyMiniCity.
I came here for my link from a crime game called terrorcrime (dutch game)
I was in several dynasties, the last dyn i was in was Crazyclickers, from my friend bobby.
Me and some friends talked on msn about making our own dynasty, talking about it made us exited and we decided to make the jump.
I started 10 march 2008 with Just4Fun
Ferrari emp
randyman666 shogun
killer-lennert shogun
angelique shogun
joopy shogun
klingkong shogun
Snijper_man shogun
silenthunter shogun

And now a year later, we are in the top and I am very proud of our dynasty.
I could not do it without all the help from many people.
In the beginning i had a lot of help from demonicj, randyman, tsai, neerie, cheryl, sks, jkcove08, Bubika later came help from roman, scarlet, gail, yoroyoro, azvojda, hessen-yeti,Filmore, spurs talkers, kito, kju and lot more people.
very loyal people are joopy, blurk,overbeytown, wiola, laborca, dorville, cool89, Chillaxville, Danielov-1 , kubic, albyland, okruzna, vecchioirr, v3nomy,aragon,Liftman,
At this moment i don't play games, but being emp is hard enough, together with my sweet kampaku and the leaderships group and all my great members, we have a great dynasty, and we have a lot of fun.

♥ Ferrari ♥

Wamblinga 
n00b

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:37 am   

I came because Yarold's was linked to on the Dragon Cave forums. At first, I didn't understand why my credits kept going down (Lol). After a few weeks, I got the hang of it and joined my first dynasty, but ended up leaving due to RL issues. The same happened with other dynasties. Now I'm in my current dynasty, which I like because it's not huge, but not tiny.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 pm   

MUSHpark wrote:

. Unfortunately, WDNC didn't last long after my departure. :(

WDNC is alive and kicking and better than ever under the new management, though how it survives without Mushy is a mystery to us all.
So for anyone tired of the top dynasty's politics and who doesn't want to pressured to click 500 links and show multiple links during the so called "Happy Hours" come check it out

http://swle.yarold.eu/dynasty.php?view=652

We do play with the name but always retain the WDNC (We Do Not Care) somewhere in the title

I rejoined because I like the Emperor , he's quite mad! We're fairly laid back and there's a good atmosphere in the team. we just don't see why being top of the page is more important than living.

ratchet freak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 am   

I just didn't want to be bothered by the spam invites from dynasties that would kick me out a month later when they realize that my link only needs 25 clicks a day

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:50 am   

I find topics like this interesting so I will add my 2 cents. I came here to support a few cities I had with MMC. I ended up joining MMC Mob because several of the cities I was familiar with on the exchange sites were already there. I rose slowly in the group, not really aware of the dynamics of Yarold's. Eventually this site became as interesting to me as any other game I played online. I am not in a dynasty right now (returned recently after a long break) but my loyalty has always been with the MMC Mob.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:44 am   

ppj2005 wrote:
I find topics like this interesting so I will add my 2 cents. I came here to support a few cities I had with MMC. I ended up joining MMC Mob because several of the cities I was familiar with on the exchange sites were already there. I rose slowly in the group, not really aware of the dynamics of Yarold's. Eventually this site became as interesting to me as any other game I played online. I am not in a dynasty right now (returned recently after a long break) but my loyalty has always been with the MMC Mob.

hey hello, welcome back and nice to see you here, I missed you

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 am   

nice to see you again ppj welcome back

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 pm   

Me? Our emp chorobaevka wrote me a message about Yarold at my minicity and I decided to give it a try.

I registered to this forum first as Zidane, browsed here and there and I go to register at Yarold maybe three days after that.
When I was registering, I was a little drunk, so when I was trying to enter the day after, nothing, nick Zidane did not work no matter what password I tried. So I said a few swearwords, registered as CZ-Zidane and wrote a mail to evka saying that I am finally here. Evka was like "what the?" and said that she thought I am here already, because member Zidane registered maybe four days ago, wanted to join Mini Ming too and because he is from Czech Republic too, Evka thought he is me :lol: And no, Zidane is not my multi, I just did not realize that Yarold says me something about "nick Zidane is taken, please choose another" :lol:
So when I realized that nick Zidane is taken at Yarold, I asked the mods of SWLE forum that I want to change my nick at the forum to CZ-Zidane too to avoid any confusions :)

Hogan 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 pm   

Because I really liked the Froggy on the Logo! :mrgreen:

gamamew 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:06 pm   

I don't want any SPAM and I'm very comfortable now without happy hours.

k o l o m n a 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 pm   

MMC UBC (it's the second dynasty I am in) I joined it too long ago to remember/// because I like the atmosphere of mutual understanding and care.
I am comfortable there and I enjoy it being among friends

Reply to topic