FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
What do you type for your HAT test?
Phacoid 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 am   

Yarold wrote:
Phacoid wrote:
I would have a go at putting something together but aside from a decent little text in a nice layout the coding would leave a lot to be desired.

thats all we need

I'll see what I can come up with (after I'm done with all my collegework which will most likely take up a week or more).

I did copy the text of the HAT:

Quote:
You have tryied to do your best at disabling turrets. However they where too fast for you. Your body collapsed to floor, as turrets back to stand-by mode.

You have successfully increased numer of turrets victims.

These turrets are very well made mashines, they can exit stand-by mode faster than eye-lash and disable opponents as fast as John Rambo ...
We also confirmed that you are able to type anything in the box.

Thats all, fell free to leave.

Just quickly marked the most obvious mistakes.

Here is what I would make of it:
Quote:
You have tried your best at disabling the turrets. They were, however, too fast for you. The turrets went back into stand-by mode before your body even touched the floor.

You have successfully increased number of turret-victims.

These turrets are very well built machines. They can exit stand-by mode faster than the blink of an eye and disable opponents as fast as Chuck Norris on a monday morning..
We also confirmed that you are able to type anything into the box.

That's all, feel free to leave.

It's a quick fix though, the text could be a lot better I just don't have the time or courage to do a big number on it at the moment.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm   

thanks so far

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 pm   

text now is:
These turrets are very well build mashines. They can exit stand-by mode faster than blink of an eye and disable opponents as fast as Chuck Norris on a monday morning.
We also confirmed that you are able to type anything in the box.

Better copy and paste next time Stan ;)

Edited twice: Phacoid wrote the text (see below) and I'm referring to his text.. lol, thanks for letting me know ;)

These turrets are very well built machines. They can exit stand-by mode faster than the blink of an eye and disable opponents as fast as Chuck Norris on a monday morning..
We also confirmed that you are able to type anything into the box.

Last edited by filmore on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Phacoid 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:57 pm   

That would be his :) . I might still put something entirely new together but at this point the hardest six weeks of college have begun. Won't have any real free time until the end of March. After that I *might* have some spare time (although I still have a paper due for Psychology after that).

I wish someone told me how much work college was *before* I started it :neutral:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 am   

*successfully increased number of english grammar victims*

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 pm   

Stan, it may be a bad idea but what if you made the text for the HAT a contest?

We could have a real laugh when getting a very humouristic one... maybe it increases the CARE for all of us :grin:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:48 pm   

*searches for excuse*
Im still in negatives, you can do it.

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 pm   

I noticed you're quite in the negatives.. lol.. okay, I'll fund the credits for the contest, I'll send you some :) .. only problem is that you'll still be negative :cool:

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 pm   

LOL, Stan you better get clicking if you want to jump into any dynasties.. :mrgreen: :wink: You wont be able to click much.. Just had to throw that in!! Jenn

Ravenwood 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:49 pm   

lol. I mostly type things who are just random in my head...
Mostly i just hit the keyboard and press enter, but often i have like;
hi, hello, marlieke ( name of my gf :) ) bored or clickedyclick. :P

Random crap, really. :P

Phacoid 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 am   

You could look at it many ways:

1. Make something that looks similar to one of the frequently used action links (to fool people)
2. Rid that 'A Human Awareness Test' title and randomize the title so it's something different every time without mentioning 'awareness test'
3. As a extra for nr. 1 have different layouts and texts so people don't get accustomed to one too fast
4. Require an actual action like FutureRP has

It will get rid of all those people who wait for the test and then close the tabs. As I said before I might try to have a go at a layout, maybe in the afternoon depending on how fast my college work progresses.

[ Added: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:50 pm ]
Well I've got some potentially good news. I finished my work early today and started working on a layout and concept for a new HAT. So far I've got the idea and the layout right.

I've based myself on lolka's idea (see the bottom of page 2, this topic) and came up with a somewhat funny story. I'm going to try to get some code in there to be able to show it to you later on today. There is no mention of the phrase 'A Human Awareness Test' and looks like on of those games. There is a mention of Yarold though so that people easily notice the connection. It still uses the 'Type anything into the text box' + textbox. After sucessfully typing something in the box you'll see a fortune (I'm still looking at how many random fortunes I'd implement).

I've also got a second idea drawn out on paper:
You see wooden board with balls attached to it. These balls will be coloured and you'll have to click one specific colour of ball. This one would no longer use the text box.

If you have another idea you can always put it in this topic or send me a pm.

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm   

HAT Contest:

http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5643

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 am   

I typ now R.I.P Frank

Forger 
n00b

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 am   

I just thought I'd mention here that there is a small typo in the text you get before typing in your 'reply' to the HAT test.

The text in fault is "(...)anything in the box bellow". It's supposed to be 'below'.

theSpecial1 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 pm   

The first few times I typed "anything" or "anything bellow" because that's what it told me too.
:wink:

Afterwards I've gotten more creative and writiten down catch phrases or song titles or random people and random commentaries.
My last one was ; "'bout damn time!" (because I had been eagerly anticipating it!

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:21 pm   

Depends of my mood - if I am in the mood for making some new phrase, especially for the dragon, I do it, if I am not in the mood, I just hit the letters randomly :)

iggy67 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 am   

I usually type in random lettels or if its the one with the dragon, just to be funny I put something like "crap" and I says "You crap Unfortunately, the dragon was faster" :mrgreen:

Reply to topic