SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Banned - Please remove second account!
xsolmyrx 
n00b

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:18 pm   Banned - Please remove second account!

Greetings;

I believe I've been mistaken for proxy-clicking and/or creating a multiple account.

I made the account, "baqdoor" first, whilst I was at work. Then tried to access it when I was at home. I couldn't click on 60% of the pages, without it directing me toward a "You are banned" page. I don't see how that's possible, because I'd done nothing wrong.

So I created my second account, "xSolmyRx", which is actually my general username. Any way, this account had the same response. Kept getting "You are banned" pages everywhere I clicked.

Could you please REMOVE the "baqdoor" account. If you don't believe it's mine, check IP and I can provide you with the password and E-mail address.

Now... In terms of the "PROXY-clicking", I believe you're taking my WHOLE country's IP range as a proxy. I'm from South Africa. I used to click Yarold's links about 2-3 years ago, without having ANY problems. Now I see some sites say "Sorry, World Battle Ground does not permit the use of proxies

System Responce Code: 205"

Or just simply, "You are banned". This cannot be, as I haven't tweaked my browser in any way, to gain ANY unfair advantage of the click system. I'm using FireFox. And if I go onto IE, then it simply won't even let me login. I visit the homepage, and *BOOM* "You are banned". Only way I can access the site, is if I RE-ACTIVATE my account. Every time...

Could you please, PLEASE look into this? Would be greatly appreciated.

Regards;

xSolmyRx

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:25 am   

i know some people from S.A. through game i play and they cant do yarolds for that reason of proxy from S.A....and it has been that way for years and i dont think it will change....but i not for sure

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:00 am   

Gretel10111 from my dynasty is also from south africa and she was for this thing banned last week, It is still giving 'you are banned' messages when she try to refresh a page and on a few of the links.

she wrote me this ( @admins gretel gave me permission to post this mail)

Sender Gretel10111
Recipient Ferrari
Subject RE: RE: RE: RE: O_O
Sent 09/08/02 21:20:14

I must say too that during this drama I have asked the tehnicians, "Who makes up the ip number", they said only the people who provide the bandwidth. It used to be the ones who did the adsl but not any more.
They are separate companies.

I phoned Capetown the other end of the country and asked the bandwidth ones if I could change my ip number with one of these downloaded programs. They said no, not at all. They allow it in other countries but are very strict about it here. They decide on the ip number and nobody else can.
It has always changed every day for security purposes, but will still show as SA not as a proxy whatever and wherever that is.

My son said that everybody in the world has proxy servers, the internet is running out of space, but wouldn't take any more interest in it.

So.... there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

xsolmyrx 
n00b

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 pm   

Doesn't our country have a SPECIFIC IP Range that you can unban?

For example (this is completely hypothetical):

Can't you just allow 148.xxx.xxx.xxx

Surely it's not a common IP range in Tor, as I think not too many people give a rat's bottom about South Africa and all that goes on here (VIVA MANDELA!), hehe.

But yeah. Gets a bit annoying. As I take ALL games and ALL sports seriously, and it's NOT "just a game" to me... People who says "GAMES ARE JUST GAMES! NOTHING SERIOUS!"

The same would apply for ANY olympics or ANY world cup. Because, it, too, is a competitive game. So where I can get a legal advantage, and also return the favour LEGALLY, I don't see why our IP should be banned. I understand there aren't a lot of us playing Text-based MMORPG's... But that's all the more reason to not take our IP changes too seriously. Like Gretel said, it changes once per day... Within that time, links are refreshed either way.

I know I'm not a _SERIOUS_ Yarold clicker, but this is for current SA (South African) Clickers, and for future SA Clickers.

I hope you look into this, thank you.

Gretel10111 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 am   

For those who couldn't follow rules and have their accounts banned.

Huh!!! Not good to generalise.

Now, since being accused of using TOR and going to a lot of trouble to find out what it is about, I have seriously considered downloading it. Think of all the other sites on the internet that I can crook :grin:

Thank you for the recommendation.

I don't believe a person banned me, it MUST have been that bot that writes so fast in the chatroom at 7am, no person in their right mind could think of a reason for me to suddenly hide my ip number after over a year at yarold and more than 200,000 clicks.

I am still not able to refresh pages, I have to go to mail, profile, then the page. At midnight I am too tired and cold to remember this sequence.

If I am not back within a reasonable amount of time, you know that TOR has wrecked my computer and I am formatting and reloading the thing.

There's no use in me trying to get around this bot, that's farting against thunder.

VIVA MANDELA!!! :neutral:
(Forgive the parrot for she knows not what she says)

And Yarold, lala kahle, don't lose sleep over my problem.

[ Added: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 pm ]
DJ, please answer this. I'm not playing the fool now although I'm not changing my age. That can stay.

I have been reading here a lot and even tried to get into the chat-room but my anti-virus and firewall didn't like it.
The anti-virus said it had blocked an attempt to access my computer. I don't know what windows security said, I got such a fright. They have never done that together before.
I looked in the anti-virus reports after that but there were hundreds of instances of accessing my computer at that time from completely different ip's.

I have looked at my so-called ip number in the subject written in red.

It says:

Your IP is 196.25.255.*** (I'll leave three numbers off if you don't mind)
Your ISP is Telkom SA Ltd
You are running Windows XP & using Firefox.

Now, is this what you see, or is this only for me, or what's going on here. It seems whoever created this facility is letting us know they can read our business.

Tell me, what do you or anybody else see?

It is still giving me messages that I am banned right now and the above is what is showing now.

What number would be acceptable to yarold? Maybe I could change it.

I mainly want to know if this is the number you see, it has been this same number for ages.

[ Added: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:29 pm ]
It seems my anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall work!!!!
This forum is not on the yarold site anyway. Do you think I'm stupid.

Comeon yarold, tell me what my ip number is. I'll do the quiz questions and lotto draw for 2 weeks while you find it :grin:

[ Added: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:00 am ]
Anyway Yarry, that was not a wise or considerate move you made. Yoiu have made me look like a cheat to my opposition cities and the owners of other sites I use. That is defamation of character.
You could have contacted me first and I would have looked into the matter.
You wouldn't like me to know your ip number would you?
It's not me hiding it, it's part of the service and I'm glad it's there.

Quizz question for when you have time in between banning people....

What is Gretel10111's ip number.

I will pay the prize, 2000 credits, not a lousy 5 like you do.

Reply to topic