SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
TIME FOR REVOLUTION?
Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:31 am   TIME FOR REVOLUTION?

Here is a proposition of simple rules to follow in order to increase significantly the amount of links exchanged in Yarold dynasties.

ALLIANCE RULE: (only one)

#1 Allied Dynasty Emperors must PAY THE BALANCE to each other if their gained-given click difference is negative.

(I consider this rule should be already applied in the current alliances)

DYNASTY RULES: (only two)

#1 All members must have 10 LINKS in their account, which must be set to visible in the Dynasty page ALL THE TIME.
(whatever they are negative or not)

#2 Non-VIP members must NEVER click a single link in the Main page.
(or they would be clicked 10 times back by outsiders, according to rule #1, thus making credits leave their alliance)

That's all...

And no, showing 10 links 24/7 would not drain your credits. The point here is to multiply all exchanges by simply multiplying the number of visible links.

Please note by the way that negative members, if any, would not be a problem while the alliance is not full. (a negative member is then just like a non-member)

Feel free to ask questions if you think that this simple system would not work. I challenge it would, for the sake of all.

The more members are interested in applying this system, the more impressive it will be, as the number of clicks increase "quadratically" with the number of members. (because there are about N² pairs of members if there are N members)

I invite all dynasty Emperors to contact me on Yarold if they are interested in this "revolutionary" but simple system and if they think they can have the above rules applied in their dynasty.
Last edited by Bruno73 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 am   Re: TIME FOR REVOLUTION

Hello Bruno!

Bruno73 wrote:

DYNASTY RULES: (only two)

#1 All members must have 10 LINKS in their account, which must be set to visible in the Dynasty page ALL THE TIME.
(whatever they are negative or not)

Ahhmmm..... but you know, that Yarold was made for Link Exchange and for the games that everyone plays? So if I , lets say play ONLY one game (lets say myminicity) you FORCE me to play another 9 games or to add 9 other myminicities.

Sorry, may sound harsh now, but thats stupid!

If I play one game I play one game and if I play 5 games I play 5 games. Simple. If YOU want to show 10 links you can do so. Noone will force you. And I also dont want to get forced to show 10 links. For Happy Hours or things like that its okay but not in general!

So, if you want to do this for your OWN Dynasty its your right but please dont tell others to follow that idea.

I know, you are just looking for other dynasties that would like to do the same as you do but then why not the new rule, that Stan must implement 20 Links or maybe 30? Would be even better?

Greetings Roman

P.s.
Now you will probably say, that I dont need to follow this rule if I dont want to and you may be right with that, but:

With such - you call it revolutionary - ideas you just simply destroy the idea of Link Exchange and the idea of Yarolds if many Dynasties follow your idea. And thats why I answer to your posting......

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:30 pm   

Hi Roman! :cool:

Quote:
please dont tell others to follow that idea.

My post begins with "Here is a proposition" :smile:

Quote:
if I , lets say play ONLY one game (lets say myminicity) you FORCE me to play another 9 games or to add 9 other myminicities.

I (can) force nobody of course, I just see more and more members handling more and more links. Today I counted the number of links in RMV: 498 links for 60 members. The myminicities players have now 3dcities or OOHcities too. I can see also a big increase of dragon and creature links. There are more and more link games and players, so no doubt there is a demand.

Quote:
For Happy Hours or things like that its okay but not in general!

Why that? I don't see the difference at all.

Quote:
With such - you call it revolutionary - ideas you just simply destroy the idea of Link Exchange and the idea of Yarolds if many Dynasties follow your idea.

I propose a way to exchange more links more easily and I'm destroying link exchange? Sorry I don't get the point.

All the best anyway, thanks for giving your opinion!
:cool:

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 pm   

Hi Bruno,

I think you miss the reason Yarold's is more fun than the other link exchanges. It is fun because the dynasty competition is a game in itself. People like trying to get to the top, it is fun.

I agree with the concept of paying for the click difference. My dynasty, hippies haven, gave away a lot of credits to most of it's allies and got dumped in return. My credit losses were the main reason I gave up on having my own dynasty. So, if I had been payed the difference I would not have had the negativity of the lost credits and would have kept going.

I agree with Roman in that not all people need or want ten links. Forcing them to have more links will make Yarold's less attractive not more attractive.

It is hard to get non-VIP noobs to do anything. Even though point 3 is good, it would be impossible to enforce.

Hippie

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 pm   

I agree with Roman!!

Bruno I have a better idea, all what invited members others dynasty should be banned!!
What you think?

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:52 pm   

I would also oppose any 10 link rule.

Sorry Bruno, I just can't agree with it.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:57 am   

Quote:
Bruno I have a better idea, all what invited members others dynasty should be banned!!
What you think?

I think you have no argument to give, you are just good at complaining all the time, so I will not discuss with you.

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 am   

Scratching my head on this one--where is the EXCHANGE of clicks? Even the description of your dynasty says "clicks for free, no click requirement". So you want allies to also have each VIP member show 10 links--but if you don't click them, where is the EXCHANGE? I see less than 200 clicks each by your members yesterday. So, that means that if your allies clicked all 30 links shown by your members, but your members failed to click the allies' links shown, the allies had to pay you back for those clicks--am I getting it right? If so, this seems not EXCHANGE to me. All it is, is those allied with you being certain of 30 dynasty clicks, but it doesn't guarantee them any clicks on their own links ( uh--the reason a lot of us are here for) since your members don't click much yet they have to pay you for having clicked yours--I suppose this evens out since you didn't click them, they still have the credits so they pass them over, correct?

Nope, can't agree with this reasoning, sorry. As much as I dislike unclickable links, I still prefer to take my chances with the way things are currently.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 am   

Quote:
Even the description of your dynasty says "clicks for free, no click requirement".

Sorry if I was not clear: I didn't talk about my dynasty in my post and my proposition was not to form a new kind of alliance starting from my dynasty. I don't really care about my dynasty if you really want to know, it is here only to help its allied dynasties by making more credits circulate. I'm really and only interested in link exchange, nothing else.

Therefore I proposed to all current dynasties a new system allowing way more links to be exchanged, with quite simple rules to follow. All dynasties have some rules like "stay positive" or "uncheck Main" or "show extras during HH", I proposed some new ones, which would make everything easier IMHO.

Multi links are exchanged during HH, why not all the day long? That's my point.
Last edited by Bruno73 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am   

Bruno73 wrote:

I'm only really and only interested in link exchange, nothing else.

Therefore I proposed to all current dynasties a new system allowing way more links to be exchanged, with quite simple rules to follow. All dynasties have some rules like "stay positive" or "uncheck Main" or "show extras during HH", I proposed some new ones, which would make everything easier IMHO.

Multi links are exchanged during HH, why not all the day long? That's my point.

Thats a good point on its own. However, transferring credits at the end of the day to a dynasty that may not click as well as your own isnt a good idea! If they are bad enough, im sure you would drop them for someone better anyways

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 pm   

Quote:
Thats a good point on its own. However, transferring credits at the end of the day to a dynasty that may not click as well as your own isnt a good idea! If they are bad enough, im sure you would drop them for someone better anyways

Unless you don't really have the choice... For instance, I bet Net Freaks! has negative given-gained values regarding all their allies. In this case all possible allies are "bad" anyway.

That means they are losing credits everyday. Those credits don't disappear magically. They go into their allies' accounts, who seem to like accumulating over and over again.

Requiring those credits back is to my view the least they could ask, as credits transferred back don't get scores back.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:
What you think?

I think you have no argument to give, you are just good at complaining all the time, so I will not discuss with you.

hahaha
Now I have to laugh.
What complaints?
You feel guilty or what?
Topic is: 'TIME FOR REVOLUTION?'
And I've written about my idea, for more fair play!
Or are you against fairplay?
What about other members, against all fair play?
Steal members should be banned or not?

Added on 13.12.2009: No Bruno, I dont want ban my members, I give OK to all UBC members to write RMV members if they want this.
Whay? You dont play fair, whay I should do it?
Last edited by jassej on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total  

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm   

Jassej, your posts are completely out of topic.

I will answer your last question though.

Members are not objects, so they cannot be stolen.

(some facts now: I've asked Arturo aka laisla, a past RMV member who won Yarold's Tiny Contest with me, if he would like to rejoin ; I am free to ask him and he is free to decide, whatever you think about it)

Added on Mon Jul 27: Today some UBC member mailed two RMV members and one LaBrute member to make them join UBC, promising to them extra clicks on their cities... As I wrote, everyone is free, but that is very funny. Will you ban this member, Jassej? :lol:
Last edited by Bruno73 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total  

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 am   

I have negative balances with all my allies and I don't mind to be honest. I think it's a matter for the individual to decide not big brother.

Tuleria 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 pm   

I think it would be better that Stan makes 20 or 30 spaces for more links.
That if someone wan't they can show 10 links all the time and every member of a dynasty will get more clicked and will click more!
If you show 10 links all the time, you can when it is HH show even more, for example 10 or 20 extra links with limit.
That way you will get more clicked and click more.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 pm   

For me is not a good idea.
I agree with Roman

Reply to topic