SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Stepping Down
MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 pm   Stepping Down

MMC Mob,

Because Yarold's mail limits the number of people who I can send mail to, I cannot send this to each of you individually. I did send this personally to leaders of all our allied dynasties, but figured you all would like to know what's going on.

------------

To the allies of MMC Mob,

As some of you may have noticed, I decided today to step down as emperor of MMC Mob and return it to DemonicJ.

The decision to do this was made several weeks ago, but I decided today that the timing was right to do it now. There are many reasons for this decision which are too complex to explain in a mail, but I will highlight the most important ones:

- MMC Mob dynasty is, and always has been, DemonicJ's. Temporary changes aside, I think we have all seen that bad things can happen when an emperor gives up control of his or her dynasty. I was very sad to see my "We do not CARE" dynasty destroyed by the emperor I entrusted it to, and we all know that TOP CAT is not pleased with the current direction of the dynasty he started. As long as Jay was active on the site, anything I did with the dynasty was ultimately subject to his approval.

- Jay and I were in increasing disagreement about some of the direction and goals for the dynasty. While he was willing to let me continue to run it "my way" we both came to the agreement that I would eventually turn it back over to him and he would make the changes he wanted, mostly with regard to tolerance for lower clickers, rank structure, etc.

- I dislike the tasks required of an emperor. I dislike kicking people from the dynasty, and I dislike allowing underperforming members to remain. (No way to win that one!) I like to be loyal to my allies and I like to see my allies grow and perform better! But I also hate it when alliance growth hits the 400-member limit and I have to drop another ally.

- Ultimately, my personal goals are different than those of the vast majority of current MMC Mob members, and I find it difficult to try to convince them to do otherwise. While I am very proud of the Mob and what they have accomplished, I do believe that it has reached the summit of what it can be under my leadership, and I will turn it back over to Jay with a sense of accomplishment and with hopes that his ideas can make it even better.

As the last paragraph implies, I will eventually be departing MMC Mob to join a dynasty that more closely aligns with my personal goals here, and one in which there are multiple others willing to perform the leadership tasks. However, I will remain with the Mob for a short while, at Jay's request, in order to ensure that the transition is smooth.

I have enjoyed our long alliance and hope you continue to support MMC Mob as Jay returns to the reins.

Dan / MUSHpark

Reply to topic