SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
"Happy Hours" are bad for Yarold's
tinnidawg 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 am   

iFly wrote:
How about, EVERY VIP member shows 2 extra links all hour. That's about +450 dynasty clicks, and it doesn't drain credits too much.

Yarolds does not have a system to activate the links at a particular time. I am rarely able to make the 20.00 and Midnight HH because in my time zone one comes at around 1 AM and the other at 5 AM.

Only on the days, I decide to not sleep I can make those HH's and yes, I click less than others because I cannot make those. But, there are very few people from my time zone in Yarolds, so I do not expect that the times would be set to suit me. They would be made for the benefit of the majority.

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:34 pm   

I mean for the entire hour that you're on, not just each hour. I meant all hour that you're on, if you're on for any of the hours.

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:36 pm   

I've got 2 links 24\7 plus 8 at 00:00 HH just in dynasty and I don't loose to many credits

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:23 pm   

i know that i can not have two links up for more then a day, because i cant keep up, credit-wise. i miss most of the happy hours,m due to either being busy dong something else, or being asleep. sometimes i manage to be around for the 20:00 one, but not always.

if there are extra links for one or two days in the week, i can keep up, and even gather enough credits to do the same.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:49 am   

I do enjoy the Happy Hours. Yes, they can be frustrating at times but they can also be fun.

I see nothing wrong with a little friendly competition between dynasty members as well as between dynasties. Happy Hours do encourage that. How boring would it be here without the competition? I used to do some of the other link exchanges out there and I found them to be extremely boring, especially the automated click sites. Yarold's is a different kind of site than most of the other link exchange sites.

At least here there is much more interaction with other people and that is mainly due to the friendly competition between people and dynasties. And before it is said, I know, some people take the competition to levels beyond friendly however, most don't.

I do agree to a point that Happy Hours do cause issues with action links not getting followed through but then again, with UniCreatures for example, I only usually get less than a 20% follow through even in non-HH periods on the dynasty page (well over 75% when posted on main). I really don't see those numbers changing if Happy Hours were eliminated.

tammela 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 am   

I like Happy Hours. The problem is that I usually work in the evenings, 3-4 times a week, and we have no Internet access there. So I can not click or give extra links at HH if I'm not home, and I hate it.

I like very much to provide my extra links to everybody, but it is not possible every day. If I put my links visible for all day, I lose very much credits.

Happy Days would work better when I'm at work, but as I said, I like Happy Hours too, especially when I'm home. Now I've been home every evening on Fri, Sat and Sun, and will be today, too, so I have been clicking and providing links during HH.

When I'm working in the evening, I show my extra links 9.30pm, when I'm back home. I always tell that in my short note.

I hope this is not a problem to anyone, because I like to click and show links to everybody.

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 pm   

Might as well throw in my 2¢ worth.

There's nothing wrong with Happy Hours per se. Most of the thread is pretty much a complaint of not being able to get all the extras or that more people aren't showing the extras.

To me--that is exactly what those links are--extras. The only requirement here is to show a link to be able to click links back. Any additional links you're able to find over & above the amount of your total allies is gravy. If you can't be on for Happy Hours, Happy Days, Happy Times...too bad, so sad IMHO. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE to be able to click lots & lots of extra links & I am disappointed when I miss them. Life goes on & I try again the next day. For me, it's part of the game. Trying to put too many rules & restrictions on how it's played kind of ******* all the fun out of it, at least for me. Trying to make it "fair" to everyone is pointless--life's not fair, why should this be any different?

This is a game, a hobby & won't add a dollar to your pocket or a minute to your life--take a chill pill, relax & have fun--don't take it so seriously.

No offense to anyone was intended in the foregoing, it's just my opinion.

borracho 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:28 am   

thepossum1 wrote:
Might as well throw in my 2¢ worth.

There's nothing wrong with Happy Hours per se. Most of the thread is pretty much a complaint of not being able to get all the extras or that more people aren't showing the extras.

To me--that is exactly what those links are--extras. The only requirement here is to show a link to be able to click links back. Any additional links you're able to find over & above the amount of your total allies is gravy. If you can't be on for Happy Hours, Happy Days, Happy Times...too bad, so sad IMHO. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE to be able to click lots & lots of extra links & I am disappointed when I miss them. Life goes on & I try again the next day. For me, it's part of the game. Trying to put too many rules & restrictions on how it's played kind of ******* all the fun out of it, at least for me. Trying to make it "fair" to everyone is pointless--life's not fair, why should this be any different?

This is a game, a hobby & won't add a dollar to your pocket or a minute to your life--take a chill pill, relax & have fun--don't take it so seriously.
No offense to anyone was intended in the foregoing, it's just my opinion.

EXCELLENT!!......

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 am   

borracho wrote:
thepossum1 wrote:
..... much text from Barbara ....

EXCELLENT!!......

Yes, true, excellent!

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:15 am   

MUSHpark wrote:
Indeed we did... yes, the happy hour was an unfortunate invention of the Mob, designed to keep us atop the rankings with phantom clicks. Useless links to cities we didn't care about. I think that was a mistake for us to do.

Eh.. Happy hour has been around LONG before the MMC wave. Years. And I agree it's not good for the site. But back then there was a limit of 4 links... Which I would like to see return. I guess what the "mob" did was blow it totally out of proportion.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:59 am   

mrpoey wrote:
MUSHpark wrote:
Indeed we did... yes, the happy hour was an unfortunate invention of the Mob, designed to keep us atop the rankings with phantom clicks. Useless links to cities we didn't care about. I think that was a mistake for us to do.

Eh.. Happy hour has been around LONG before the MMC wave. Years. And I agree it's not good for the site. But back then there was a limit of 4 links... Which I would like to see return. I guess what the "mob" did was blow it totally out of proportion.

Yep, Happy hour was always at 23.00 server time, I know for sure it was in 2005 already here.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 am   

Yes indeed happy hours pre date the mob, I remember back to the days with a small number of links. Mob just made it work better for the majority in its dynasty & allies.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic