SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Lord of the Lands link crashes browsers
domesira 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:38 am   

I too, have been having problems with these links. Generally I have to force restart my entire system because I can't even get the Task Manager open to kill FireFox. Either that, or leave my computer alone for 30 minutes to over an hour for the site to finish doing whatever the heck it's doing that's locking everything up.

I've basically just stopped clicking the links. One or two less clicks per day isn't a huge loss to me, and it's certainly a better alternative to the freezing/locking up computer, crashes, forced restarts, etc.

brandy 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:52 am   

Tsai wrote:
The administrator is not responding to my mails...

brandy wrote:
I'll probably end up having to block it

How do you that?

I am using a wonderful Firefox addon called BlockSite. So far, it's allowing the LotL link to load and blocking the malicious site.

I had to block this site (I put a space in the address to prevent it from being an active link): http://gumb lar.cn

If you Google the address, just looking at the search results you can see that it is a known trojan that hackers install on unassuming websites. I bet they don't even know that their site has it. Someone mentioned being in contact with the admin... You might send them this link where I found some good info (yay, Google search): http://www.dynamicdrive.c...ead.php?t=43390

Interesting quote from page four of that message board topic:

Quote:
Evidently the virus will redirect IE and Firefox...Firefox will crash a lot.

Sound familiar? The IP website they posted is the exact link that my virus program was freaking over when I made my first post on this topic. I vote the site should be removed from the link exchange until they get fixed. We shouldn't be put at risk for this virus. :???:

Editing to add: I wanted to make completely sure that this was the site causing the trouble, so I closed everything down that I had running and opened the first Lord of the Lands link that I came across in the exchange. I received the same notification as before, so I am satisfied that it's the source of the problem.

gamamew 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:00 am   

[quote="brandy"]
Tsai wrote:
The administrator is not responding to my mails...
I vote the site should be removed from the link exchange until they get fixed. We shouldn't be put at risk for this virus. :???:
I fully agree with you, not all people enter this forum and fewer people will read this advise.

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:38 pm   

brandy wrote:
I had to block this site (I put a space in the address to prevent it from being an active link): http://gumb lar.cn

If you Google the address, just looking at the search results you can see that it is a known trojan that hackers install on unassuming websites. I bet they don't even know that their site has it. Someone mentioned being in contact with the admin... You might send them this link where I found some good info (yay, Google search): http://www.dynamicdrive.c...ead.php?t=43390

Thank you very much for this info!!
I will get in contact with the admin ones more, hoping he will know how to act now.

Reply to topic