Closed by: DemonicJ
Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:07 am
ninitoons76 banned, flauremarine too!!!
Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 am   

CZ-Zidane wrote:
gamamew wrote:
I think that, a disclaimer clause must added to rule #1 in the CoC.

"For any reason, never, ever, forever access other users accounts or login to your account on computers where other other people access the Yarold's site also.

But how am I expected to know it? For example if I will go visit my dad to another town - I think he is not using Yarold, but there are three, maybe four another people using the computer from times to times - dad´s wife, my female cousin, my male cousin...how can I know if they use Yarold too? Ask them and until then just don´t log into yarold from this computer, because there is a risk someone logged into yarold before or will log after? Of shall I just log and hope and if I will be banned, try to ask for unban because some of my relatives used yarold from the same computer as me? Just asking :)

eeeehhh these two people logged in on each others accounts, i think that is totally different.
It is allowed to have 2 accounts on same ip if you not log in on each other,or send credits. You only have than less links because the other person also click, and what he click is gone for you.

nhhk 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:26 am   

Quote:
With all respect to you but with your 13 or 14 years you're still too innocent and too naive to understand how some people may be wrong.

I do think it's you who is wrong here. You don't understand, that the best is to leave it as it is. I can understand your frustration, BUT they broke the rules. Accept that

Quote:
Yes, the best is all MMC UBC members to banned, then can others be first ...

Don't you really understand yet?? A admin would never do that. THEY BROKE THE RULES. Do you wanna be banned too? But anyway, if you want to keep this discussion, I will leave ya alone

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 pm   

jassej wrote:
And can you still know Marga if Jeanne was Emperor of The Moblets? And later Kampaku? And while she was with a second account "Shaila" best MMC Mob shogun. Do you still? DemonicJ has known and has not banned Jeanne!

It is best not to accuse when you do not know the whole story.

Jeanne got permission from Yarold to create a new account because she wished to be anonymous. Yarold locked her out of the jeanne account before she ever accessed sheila, and she was not able to transfer any credits or help her other account in any way. She was never using both accounts at the same time, she got permission from the site owner first, and she started the new account from zero. I believe that if anyone had good reason to want to be anonymous that Yarold would do the same for them.

Of course, some people could not be trusted to keep her identity private so once it became known what was happening she quit using sheila completely, forfeiting all the credits she had earned and returning to her original account. She waited for Yarold to switch the code to lock out sheila and then she accessed with jeanne again.

At no time was she ever in the dynasty using both accounts or clicking on links on one account with the other. This was all arranged through the site admins so that there would be no cheating. It is totally different than having two people in the same dynasty accessing the same account and turning on links so they could be clicked.

So please stop accusing jeanne of cheating or accusing DemonicJ of treating people unequal.

Crocmeister 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:40 pm   

It seems very hypocritical to me to think it's ok to violate the rules because
the owner ok'd it. Why wasn't the"locked" account(which she had accessed
between mid feb- to mid March) deleted? If she wanted no one to know--why
did she tell so many people? Same reason, I guess, that she told so many
people that she & Jay are/were lovers. :roll: Fact is--regardless of what anyone
says--the rules do not cover this kind of behaviour. The rules simply state only
1 account per person, and says not 1 word about accessing/helping any other
members' account. It does look like these 2 should've known better--since
they've had this situation come up b4. BUT--make it obvious and add a simple line
of text to the rules to make it clear.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:43 pm   

Crocmeister wrote:
It seems very hypocritical to me to think it's ok to violate the rules because the owner ok'd it.

Whoever owns the site gets to make the rules. :)

I think this is where you go by the "letter of the law" versus the "spirit of the law" or its intent.

Yes, the rules say "Do not make multiple accounts. Only one per person is allowed." I believe her intent was to switch to the new, one, account, and never use the old one again. The old one was left hanging around to aid in anonymity (if it had been deleted when the new one was created, the identity of the new account would have been obvious, would it not?)

As for why people were told... or others guessed, I don't know all the details. I don't really care. But the bottom line is that this situation, and the situation for the two members who started this thread, is totally different and it is silly to try to make them equal.

Crocmeister 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm   

It's still hypocritical. AND--The rule needs to be clarified.
I would never have guessed that accessing another persons
account, for whatever reason, qualifies as having more than
1 account.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 pm   

MUSHpark wrote:
jassej wrote:
And can you still know Marga if Jeanne was Emperor of The Moblets? And later Kampaku? And while she was with a second account "Shaila" best MMC Mob shogun. Do you still? DemonicJ has known and has not banned Jeanne!

It is best not to accuse when you do not know the whole story.

Jeanne got permission from Yarold to create a new account because she wished to be anonymous. Yarold locked her out of the jeanne account before she ever accessed sheila, and she was not able to transfer any credits or help her other account in any way. She was never using both accounts at the same time, she got permission from the site owner first, and she started the new account from zero. I believe that if anyone had good reason to want to be anonymous that Yarold would do the same for them.

Of course, some people could not be trusted to keep her identity private so once it became known what was happening she quit using sheila completely, forfeiting all the credits she had earned and returning to her original account. She waited for Yarold to switch the code to lock out sheila and then she accessed with jeanne again.

At no time was she ever in the dynasty using both accounts or clicking on links on one account with the other. This was all arranged through the site admins so that there would be no cheating. It is totally different than having two people in the same dynasty accessing the same account and turning on links so they could be clicked.

So please stop accusing jeanne of cheating or accusing DemonicJ of treating people unequal.

Anonymous was not, very many members have known this :razz:
But I did not know all that was with the permission of the admins. Then it is something quite different and I can only say sorry. And I knew that Jeanne is not cheating, they just wanted to rest click.
Point is, my two shogun rules have been broken and must be banned. For me, ninitoons to long banned because all the others for the same a week are banned.
But they are banned for so long and continue to discuss does not help.
Therefore, I propose we have a little fun and go click.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:49 pm   

Crocmeister wrote:
1 account.

To access anothers account requires a login. That means you would have more than 1 login, meaning you would have more than 1 account

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 am   

jassej wrote:
Then it is something quite different and I can only say sorry.

I am glad you see the difference. :)

jassej wrote:
Therefore, I propose we have a little fun and go click.

Yes! I agree. :)

Crocmeister 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:44 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Crocmeister wrote:
1 account.

To access anothers account requires a login. That means you would have more than 1 login, meaning you would have more than 1 account

Sorry--that is just not logical.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 am   

Crocmeister wrote:
DemonicJ wrote:
Crocmeister wrote:
1 account.

Sorry--that is just not logical.

It is the most logical ever.

ninitoons76 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:57 am   

Ferrari wrote:

It is the most logical ever.

of course, for the same rule violated= a ban for 1 week, or 3 weeks, or for ever
YES it's logical :mrgreen:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:07 am   

ninitoons76 wrote:

of course, for the same rule violated= a ban for 1 week, or 3 weeks, or for ever
YES it's logical :mrgreen:

one week given as it was the first time someone accessed that account other than the owner.
three weeks given to the other as it wasnt the first account accessed or been accessed.

Topic is getting rather tiring, suffice to say that an overwhelming majority have worked out going into other members accounts is not permitted & they dont access other peoples accounts . For those of you that do go into other members accounts expect the consequences.

Accessing of other peoples accounts is not under any circumstances permitted. Its that simple & logical.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.