SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
New Emp - New Strategic Direction
MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:55 am   New Emp - New Strategic Direction

MMC Mob and all dynasties,

Jay has asked me to take over as the emperor because his administrative duties here and his real life work schedule are making it difficult for him to respond to issues raised by other dynasties. I will admit that I did not ask for this job, but I am taking it on out of a sense of duty and love for the only dynasty on this exchange that I consider "home."

As many of you have noticed, we have lost several alliances in the past few days, mostly sparked by the chaos involved with many of RMV's members shifting to a new dynasty. It may take a few more days for all of this to settle out, so I ask for your patience while we work with other dynasties to try to fill out our ally capacity.

In order to proceed forward, however, I need to get a sense of where the dynasty members want to go. For a brief period a few weeks ago, I thought we wanted to shoot for number one. But I can see from the events of the past few days that hunting down clicks for their own sake leads to a lot of hurt feelings as competition breaks up alliances and breaks apart friendships. I don't think we want to go there. If you want to be in a rough-and-tumble battle for the top spot, treating allies like commodities to be traded at our convenience, then perhaps you might consider your other dynasty choices.

My goal is to move forward and try to build strong alliances. They may not be the "best" by certain measures of clicks, but I hope they will be loyal. MMC Mob may never be at the top of the click rankings, but I want us to be at the top of everyone's ally lists as a long-time, loyal ally.

My ultimate goal is to bring MMC Mob to the top of the "Total Clicks" list. We are currently #3 but can easily overtake the two ahead of us over time... but we must stay ahead of those behind us. And my goal is to also make this a fun competition. No tricks, no sabotage, and if we get overtaken, we will congratulate our worthy opponent.

To members: We will continue to maintain our high standards, and require effort of our members, while respecting "time off" when needed. We will accept and take time to train newcomers, but we will encourage those who don't exert a reasonable effort to find a home elsewhere.

To current and prospective allies: I promise open, honest communication. I promise not to drop you just to replace you with a "better" ally. Dynasties do grow, and there may be points where I have to choose someone to drop. I will attempt to be as open as I can about my decision making if and when that time comes.

I am looking forward to our long-term success. I hope you'll all join me as we ride this rollercoaster through this dip and back up to another peak.

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 am   

Thank you Mushpark!! We are like you and were dropped by many larger dynasties over the past few days.. I feel like a floundering fish out of water but am about to get things figured out.. I hope we can work together for a long and wonderful alliance! I know how easy it is for the larger dynasties to drop a little one like ours but it always ends up just a band aid over the larger problem of members they have. I dont see us growing very fast and am very happy about that. I hope we can be a good ally to our alliances in the future.. I realize we dont offer a lot of links but our members are trying very hard and I am SOOOO PROUD of them!! Thank you for being honest and open and I hope we can work together for a long time. Jenn

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:25 am   

We too were dropped by larger dynasties in the past few days, and I wasn't sure the reason for it. We are and will remain a loyal Ally. We will always be a small dynasty as that is a decision we have made together, but I hope that our allies see us a valuable ally regardless of our size. Thanks for the post and look forward to hopefully a long alliance with MMC Mob. :)

Eirien
Emperor
Elite Clicks

Kronia 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 pm   

MMC Mob is a great ally to have!
Love you guys,
Kronia

angil 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 pm   

So happy to have you guys back as an ally!!!

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:39 pm   

angil wrote:
So happy to have you guys back as an ally!!!

Same here. :)

Morganza 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 am   

I appreciate all the hard work both DemonicJ and MUSHpark have put into keeping this dynasty as high in the ranks as it is.

Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 am   

Thanks MUSHpark it really did feel like a slap in the face when I was getting mails abuot showing more just so some people could hit whatever their goal was when I had shown a lot of links until I had bled my credits down to about 300 from 5k. I'd rather go back somewhat to the family feel thriving dragons had a while ago but I do realize we might have grown past it.

Reply to topic