SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Refresh time
Akkhima 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:21 pm   Refresh time

I have links I'm using that have a 1 week refresh time (1 person can click on each link once per week), so the 24h/1day options don't do me any good. can we get other options added to that?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:47 pm   

what's the game?

Please don't post the full url for your personal game, only the name or the homepage will do.

Akkhima 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:11 pm   

Pony Island: http://ponyisland.net

Here's what the admins say about the clicks:
Quote:
XP gain
Each unique visit (which isn't from a proxy) to your pony's profile gives 5 XP points. The unique visits are reset once a week so you can re-visit a pony you haven't clicked in a week and give it XP again.

For the time being, I can go through and enable a different link each day of the week, but it'd be great if it could be an auto refresh.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm   

Same links for Pony Island can now be clicked again after 7 days.
For it to work you'll need to keep the reset or Link expire type set as 24hr.
When you set it to daily it still can be clicked daily.
To keep exchange balanced credit cost for the game will be raised to 7.

Akkhima 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:50 pm   

Awesome, thanks!

poohgirl 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:36 pm   

Ponyisland links have no limit to the number of times they can be clicked. Each visit is logged in a pony's profile whether it's unique or not, but only the unique visits will earn a pony experience points each week.

This is why the Visit stat in the pony's profile consists of 2 numbers. The first number logs total visits while the second number logs unique visits.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:44 pm   

poohgirl wrote:
Ponyisland links have no limit to the number of times they can be clicked. Each visit is logged in a pony's profile whether it's unique or not, but only the unique visits will earn a pony experience points each week.

This is why the Visit stat in the pony's profile consists of 2 numbers. The first number logs total visits while the second number logs unique visits.

Does each of the visits that is made earn you something, or only unique?

poohgirl 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:50 pm   

Only the unqiue visits earn you something.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 pm   

poohgirl wrote:
Only the unqiue visits earn you something.

That's why other user requested to have the refresh, because when I understand right unique visits can only be made once a week.

poohgirl 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 pm   

But that doesn't change the fact that the link can be clicked infinite times and each visit is still logged on the pony's profile.

I guess I have a very hard time understanding why this would cost so much more than other links here, especially since I have so many other pony links I can rotate for ponyisland.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm   

poohgirl wrote:
But that doesn't change the fact that the link can be clicked infinite times and each visit is still logged on the pony's profile.

I guess I have a very hard time understanding why this would cost so much more than other links here, especially since I have so many other pony links I can rotate for ponyisland.

Credits cost for games with long timer, longer repeat, or have a limit of links that can be clicked a day, do have higher cost to balance out the exchange and prevent credit hoarding with these links.

To balance out means, that when users links are being clicked for example 10 times by user with a game that you can only click 1 or 3 times a day for different users (example Yer Hotel.PhantasyRPG), or like this game same link only once a week.

radon 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:11 am   

Metalteo wrote:
poohgirl wrote:

Credits cost for games with long timer, longer repeat, or have a limit of links that can be clicked a day, do have higher cost to balance out the exchange and prevent credit hoarding with these links.

To balance out means, that when users links are being clicked for example 10 times by user with a game that you can only click 1 or 3 times a day for different users (example Yer Hotel.PhantasyRPG), or like this game same link only once a week.

But Pony Island does not have a longer timer, not in the way that Yer Hotel does for example. With Yer Hotel, a non-registered user can only make one visit to any hotel per six hours. The IP is restricted from registering visits more than the time limit will allow.

Pony Island does not work this way, you can visit a pony's page over and over again however much you want. You can also visit 500 pony pages in a row if you want and each pony will get credit.

I want to show my Pony Island links each day, I have over 200 ponies so that means I have access to over 200 usable links from the site. If they only show once per week, then I cannot show nearly as many ponies as I am restricted to showing 10 links.

If I swap them out and show them every day, then I will not be able to keep positive credits.

I want to use these links the same as my Dragon Cave link. Is it not possible for them to only cost one credit if you are in fact showing them every day (by using the daily reset?)

Edit to add: I also do not understand the need for balancing if these links only show up one day out of the week, as users can still click any other Pony Island link. It is basically the same as users hiding the links for 6 days and making it visible one day of the week, is it not? My using a Pony Island link does not affect anyone else's ability to click other Pony Island links.

Again, if I click Yer Hotel link, I am locked out from clicking another Yer Hotel link for 6 hours (or however long it is). If I click a Pony Island link, I wait 30 seconds then can click another. I don't understand how PI links will cause me to "hoarde credits" if they only cost 1 credit. I dropped thousands of credits yesterday and only had my PI links visible briefly, and I am not going to be able to get any "extra" clicking in because I showed those links for any day other than yesterday (in other words, I may be able to see some more links in history because someone clicked the links, but only yesterday, not for the next 6 days, and I am being charged 7 days worth of credits each time someone clicked my links). And users only had to wait 30 seconds before they could load another PI link, so I wasn't really stopping anyone from visiting other PI links.

Anyway sorry to be so lengthy, it is hard for me to explain properly what I mean.

[ Added: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 am ]
I think I finally figured out how to explain my question.

Before this post, PI links were 1 credit links that reset every day. Each user could click them every day, the PI users got credit for each unique IP click per week, and lost 1 credit per day (7 credits per week) for the clicks they received.

After this post, PI links are 7 credit links that reset once per week. Each user can click them once per week, and the PI users get credit for each unique IP click per week, and lose 7 credits per week for the clicks the receive ASSUMING THEY ONLY SHOW THE LINKS ONCE PER WEEK.

So basically, the new way accomplishes nothing for the people who want a weekly reset. They still use as many credits as if they had a daily reset.

And the people who want to show the links each day are punished.

Can we please just change them back to 1 credit links on a daily reset? PI will register each daily visit and the users will still use up 7 credits per link per week.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:42 pm   

If other PI players/users agree on it everything can be set the way you all like it.
There's no problem with that.

Garney 
n00b

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:03 pm   

I have no objection to it. I have several accounts full of questing ponies, probably in the 600 range of number, that I could simply rotate the link if I were so inclined to quest them in that manner.

radon 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 pm   

Yay thank you for responding!

I have contacted the other two PI user posters in this thread to let them know to check it out in case they wish to voice more opinion.

I think we can tell from Poohgirl's posts she already made that she agrees with the way I was suggesting?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 pm   

radon wrote:
Yay thank you for responding!

I have contacted the other two PI user posters in this thread to let them know to check it out in case they wish to voice more opinion.

I think we can tell from Poohgirl's posts she already made that she agrees with the way I was suggesting?

changed it to 1 click a day settings.

To update settings for your own links you'll need to add it as new again.

If any assistance is needed send mail to me on the site and I'll get it done for you.

poohgirl 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm   

THANK YOU!! Now I can bring my PI links back to Yarolds :)

Akkhima 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:10 am   

Sorry for causing this trouble in the first place. It's already been changed, but I have to say I agree with the change, thanks. 7 credits on one link is just too much.

Reply to topic