SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Timer Question...
Johnathon 
n00b

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 pm   Timer Question...

I was wondering why there was a timer on Adoptalicious and Arvyre links. I am the co-creator of the script that runs both sites, and the owner of Adoptalicious. Clicks are counted automatically upon visit, so there's really no need for a timer in between clicks, or on the visited pages. Anyways, I was just wondering. I thought this information may be beneficial in helping people get more clicks quicker.

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 am   

One of the reasons is that it won't bring massive overloads to your server due to many requests at the same time.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:55 pm   Re: Timer Question...

Johnathon wrote:
I was wondering why there was a timer on Adoptalicious and Arvyre links. I am the co-creator of the script that runs both sites, and the owner of Adoptalicious. Clicks are counted automatically upon visit, so there's really no need for a timer in between clicks, or on the visited pages. Anyways, I was just wondering. I thought this information may be beneficial in helping people get more clicks quicker.

Adoptalicious: We only have 3 active links and timers were already on a short 15 sec timer. However since you're the owner of the site and don't think there will be a massive overload, game has no timer anymore.

Arvyre: We have 115 links for the game. There's a small 10 sec timer on this link to prevent massive overload on their servers. (not all companies use 65 server for all their games like Motion twin does) When site owner thinks it can handle lots of request at once we can consider lowering it.

Reply to topic