SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Feeling kinda discouraged
Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 pm   Feeling kinda discouraged

What good is CARE/HAT if people don't click confirmation links? Feeling really frustrated right now since feels like I threw away over 60 credits since I did 50 credits per happy hour on my DNA Adopts fuzwen and only 31 clicked the confirmation page sorry to take it out on everyone but just feeling kinda frustrated right now with everyone in their forums bragging how fast their adoptable leveled. Does anyone have any advice since I've finished off all but one of my unicreatures, mystic grove I'm nearly done on, and I really really wanted a second breeding pair of fuzwens but seems that's not happening

Firstborn Dragon 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 am   

I haven't even gotten one adult yet. But I haven't tried here because I've noticed at times that in fact you get an error trying to levle DNA adopts from the CE. I do go ahead and work it out to get a click, but I suspect that error is a lot of the problem.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 am   

I'd agree that the CARE/HAT could stand a bit of improvement. As it is, I could probably blow off the next 1000 HAT tests and still stay above 25%.

On the bright side, it looks like you're getting 60% follow through, which is actually better than what I've seen on some of my previous links down in the 40% range.

Don't get discouraged, just accept that's about the click rate you're going to get, and budget credits appropriately.... I do.

lolka 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:56 pm   

I just hitted on an idea. I'm new here and I don't know if what I invented makes any sense, or maybe it is technically impossible, but...
Couldn't it just be a fake game-page instead of H.A.T.? My english is not good enough to explain it clearly, but I mean that from time to time it appears a page looking like one of this game pages, who need clicking/captcha. If you fail to do what is needed too many times, effect is like <25% H.A.T.

:?:

Minicity88 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm   

Firstborn Dragon has hit the nail right on the head. Literally 3/4 of the times I attempt to click a DNA adoptable I get an error message. When I click 'click here to level this DNA adoptable up' almost 75% of the time it says something along the lines of:

'Error, please to not link directly to the image or to this adoptables page.'

(Or something like that, can't remember exactly what it says).

Mogman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 am   

Wow you got that many actual hits? When I used to put darkthrone links up I would setup to have 75-100 clicks on them and often times still not get the 25 possible clicks on the links... I came to just accept the fact that I was gonna lose a fair amount of credits trying to get 25 action clicks.

radon 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 am   

Frankly I am glad you said something in your short note, because before I read that I didn't even realize they had a confirmation link. It kind of shows up on a poor place on my screen, and since the frame does not give me any instructions, I just hadn't noticed the link.

Now that it has been pointed out to me, I am clicking them. I do try to do any follow up that a site needs, but sometimes when a new site starts to show up on the click exchange if you are not familiar with the site it can be difficult to figure out that you are supposed to do something other than just load the page.

If you want to try some more hh to see if it is better now that you have your short note up, I would be happy to donate some credits so you can put some hh links up and not risk losing a bunch of credits for nothing. I don't show any extra links because I do not have enough control over them until I get VIP, but I would like to show more links, so this way we could both win. PM me on the site if you are willing to give it another shot, and if such a thing would be allowed (and somebody let me know if for some reason such an arrangement would be against the rules).

Morganza 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:57 am   

When I click the confirm link on DNA-Adopts, the whole frame disappears on me...

I suspect that FlashBlock and AdBlock and NoScript and all my web security tools break some of the confirm pages; I also know that there are still some websites that are written to only work in Internet Explorer. (That may be why 450 credits spent on Mondozoo only gave me 38 counted visits...)

I'm not sure what the solution is, though a higher level of HAT might help, like a HAT2 that shows up in the bottom frame and where link owners could pick the minimum percentage to view.

lunastrixae 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 pm   

radon wrote:
Frankly I am glad you said something in your short note, because before I read that I didn't even realize they had a confirmation link. It kind of shows up on a poor place on my screen, and since the frame does not give me any instructions, I just hadn't noticed the link.

The same thing happened to me as well. The game name is also very similar to dragonadopters, so it's easy to miss if you are not aware.

The other time I find myself missing confirmations are newish games that are not in English. I am very hesitant to randomly click on websites when I do not know what I'm clicking on. With so many phishing sites and maleware these days you can't be too careful. When I first started I appreciated being told in short notes that 'doorgan' (sp) was the confirm.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 am   

Actually, guys, the problem has been fixed. As soon as I discovered the problem, I notified KC about it. There was an error in coding that KC forgot to fix. If you find any more problems with the links, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll forward your concerns to KC. Alternatively, you can contact her directly on here. She's on yarolds as JayGatsby.

I asked Frank to add in a small message at the bottom of the frame, so it should be more clear now. There should be a message at the bottom that reads, A game where you collect your own DNAdoptables. Click the "Click here to level this DNAdoptable up!" to help the user raise their pet

radon 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:42 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Actually, guys, the problem has been fixed. As soon as I discovered the problem, I notified KC about it. There was an error in coding that KC forgot to fix. If you find any more problems with the links, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll forward your concerns to KC. Alternatively, you can contact her directly on here. She's on yarolds as JayGatsby.

I asked Frank to add in a small message at the bottom of the frame, so it should be more clear now. There should be a message at the bottom that reads, A game where you collect your own DNAdoptables. Click the "Click here to level this DNAdoptable up!" to help the user raise their pet

Thanks, the message in the frame should help, I know it will help remind me about the link until I get used to the new site.

Though you might also want to clarify your short note, I had no idea what you were talking about when you said "don't waste my credits" until I looked at your profile and frankly I doubt I would ever notice which link was yours anyway.

A polite request/reminder that DNAadoptables have a link we need to click might work better to help get people to notice/remind them than an obtuse threat, catch more flies with honey and all that.

Incidentally, how would a 5 minute timer help make more people click on the confirmation link?

[ Added: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 am ]
bluebell_rose wrote:

You know what? This person made a terribly offensive and contentious statement in their shortnote. And to their credit, they did edit said shortnote. BUT they are still making "do not waste my credits" threats in their short note.

Not interested in being yelled at in shortnotes by someone who is less active than myself. GL in your endeavors. I am sure you all will do well and I wish you the best. I personally do not agree with the concept that it is possible to "waste credits" when one is in a dynasty, but apparently I am wrong about that. That's ok, I like to find out things I am wrong about. I am sure bluebell_rose will be a good substitute for my presence, because certainly she would not be so contentious without being sure she was better than anyone else the dynasty could take as a member. Enjoy!

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:08 am   

hmm, I put up a link with 200 limit and come back to find all 200 clicks set to it used up and I only have 30 or so levels on the pet and this was when there was no glitch making the click not go through. And it was only visble in dynasty. How it is not wasted credits?

Lion_MacLeod 
n00b

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
hmm, I put up a link with 200 limit and come back to find all 200 clicks set to it used up and I only have 30 or so levels on the pet and this was when there was no glitch making the click not go through. And it was only visble in dynasty. How it is not wasted credits?

It indeeds feels like wasted credits. I don't score more than 30% on the used clicks either. :roll:

Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 pm   

Okay guys KC has been generous to us now go to the info page to the DNAdopts pet and copy the quicklevel into links means no cash for those of us with accounts but still gets you the levels without worrying

Reply to topic