SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Over 5 hour wait time
70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:12 am   

the problem isn't with the timer - it's the fact that many people have joined or are clicking from other places like hydra and have no "visit's" left to use

follydoll 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:34 am   

Not gonna lie...the 6-24 hour timer links are annoying. Not only will they not hide, but when you have more than a handful of people using them as their only visible link, you can't click more than one and expose the additional histories.

Bob, Frank, Marie, and Sue have hotels. I click one, I get Bob's one link worth of credit. He clicks my visible link and my history link. I can't click the other three, but they can click mine and get two clicks each while I cannot return the favor.

Those games are not based on accumulating clicks outside of the community of the game itself.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die." ~Roy Batty

Phara 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 am   

one advice skipp em em on sight, i will not wait 5 hours for a link to be valid, i saw 3 links today and i skipped em all, 15 hours for 3 links = 150 hours for 30 :D yeah right ;)

blueyellowkulay 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:50 am   

I am in the process of removing the game link from yarold because it is causing me to go so much into the negative. I never before got -10 or worse at yarolds, but I have since I was using the hotel links. I will try to get clicks elsewhere until something improves.

My scroll There is no need to click on Frozen Forever because she will never grow up

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 pm   

Changing your IP will kill any timers.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:58 pm   

Patone wrote:
Changing your IP will kill any timers.

Ya, that'd work for any timer....problem is many ISP's have it so it's can't be manually renewed or changed, only when they do it on their end. :/

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 am   

The Phantasy RPG game has a <LIMIT> that displays on any Phantasy RPG link that exceeds the single click you are allowed to make in a day so you don't have links sitting around. Is there any way that this or something similar can be done for Yer Hotel?

I ask this as many people now have multiple links for Yer Hotel and sometimes they stay up for hours waiting to be clicked, keep reappearing as people unhide them to fill the hotel up and so on.

Yesterday, I had over 10 of these links being displayed for hours because I couldn't click them since I can only do 1 every 6 hours. Clicking is becoming a royal pain anymore with more and more of these 6 hour links hanging around. Changing IP's is just as much of a pain for me since I have several programs that require constant connections or I get error messages galore so please don't tell me to reset my DSL modem several times an hour to get a fresh IP address to get around the Yer Hotel timer.

All I'm asking is to see if there is anyway the programmers here can set it to display <LIMIT> or something like that for these links during the waiting period so the link itself isn't being displayed. It makes clicking a pain having them up all the time.

Man I miss the tons of PokePlushies 5 minute links. They weren't near as annoying as these Yer Hotel links are becoming.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:25 pm   

Each to his own game and I back their right of choice. It's six hours by the way and I just ignore them. If I forget it is not a problem just to close the box.

we had the same problem with Phantasy rpg and treated that the same way.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm   

I'd like to know why the hell it uses (deducts) FIVE credits Per EACH click...

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:07 pm   

Solrayne wrote:
I'd like to know why the hell it uses (deducts) FIVE credits Per EACH click...

From a reply of a mail I sent to Yarold a while ago:

Quote:
Cost of Yer Hotel links increased to 5 credits due to the long waiting time.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:30 am   

is it my imagination or are the same hotel links coming up every 6 hours? I clicked one hotel right after reset last night - and when I got up the next morning -that very same hotel was avail to click - this does not help anyone - although unregistered users can click 1 hotel every 6 hours and it counts - they can only click the SAME hotel once every 24 hours - this needs to be changed so that the same hotel link only comes up for us to click once a day- any more often than that is just wasting credits and time

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:34 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:
is it my imagination or are the same hotel links coming up every 6 hours? I clicked one hotel right after reset last night - and when I got up the next morning -that very same hotel was avail to click - this does not help anyone - although unregistered users can click 1 hotel every 6 hours and it counts - they can only click the SAME hotel once every 24 hours - this needs to be changed so that the same hotel link only comes up for us to click once a day- any more often than that is just wasting credits and time

That's because some user have their links on daily reset, when game has a 24hr reset for clicks.

MarkoFaca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:00 pm   

Can you make those links to have 24h reset on default?!

I see that many people holds 24h reset on MMC links and opposite - daily reset on YerHotel...?!

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
70Chevelle wrote:

That's because some user have their links on daily reset, when game has a 24hr reset for clicks.

Still though- even on daily - shouldn't the link only come up once during the server day? I know this one comes up more than once during the day - maybe I am misunderstanding - but I thought that the 24 meant you could not click that link till 24 hours had passed and that daily meant you could only click once during server day

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:
that daily meant you could only click once during server day

The server resets on 7am server time, so a server day goes from 7am till 7am
With the daily setting a link clicked at 6am server time, can be clicked again one minute after 7am server time

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:57 am   

Tsai wrote:
70Chevelle wrote:

With the daily setting a link clicked at 6am server time, can be clicked again one minute after 7am server time

I understand this - but I have watched this link for several days - I clicked it AFTER reset last night - (1 or 2 minutes after) then when I got up today - we were still on same server day (still are right now - it's almost 6 more hours until server reset) but the link was avail again - and now it is available again! - the SAME links are coming up every 6 hours -in the SAME server day

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:30 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:
Tsai wrote:
70Chevelle wrote:

I understand this - but I have watched this link for several days - I clicked it AFTER reset last night - (1 or 2 minutes after) then when I got up today - we were still on same server day (still are right now - it's almost 6 more hours until server reset) but the link was avail again - and now it is available again! - the SAME links are coming up every 6 hours -in the SAME server day

Can you post the history logs entries for links you say you can click more then once a day.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:22 pm   

07:04:06 [V]Iruleville Dynasty exchange table

right now that is the only time I have clicked it during this server day - and it shows clicked in his profile - but when he puts it up during the happy hour before reset tonight - it will show to me - it always does - I may not have a "click" to use on it - because many times I have over the limit in wait time at last HH - but I open that one and hold it till after reset - refresh and his is the first hotel I click of the server day - so it really shouldn't show to me during that last hh of the same server day - but it does (I notice this one because he is a friend and I do visit his hotel anyway so I don't feel like I am "stealing" his credits - I don't know if others are doing it or not) I hope all this makes sense - I'm not good at explaining these things - maybe it's because I technically click it before reset and simply refresh the timer after?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:
07:04:06 [V]Iruleville Dynasty exchange table

right now that is the only time I have clicked it during this server day - and it shows clicked in his profile - but when he puts it up during the happy hour before reset tonight - it will show to me - it always does - I may not have a "click" to use on it - because many times I have over the limit in wait time at last HH - but I open that one and hold it till after reset - refresh and his is the first hotel I click of the server day - so it really shouldn't show to me during that last hh of the same server day - but it does (I notice this one because he is a friend and I do visit his hotel anyway so I don't feel like I am "stealing" his credits - I don't know if others are doing it or not) I hope all this makes sense - I'm not good at explaining these things - maybe it's because I technically click it before reset and simply refresh the timer after?

When you check user profile you'll see that the yer hotel link is on Reset: daily at 0.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 pm   

thank you for being so patient with me and explaining - I understand it now :)

Reply to topic