SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Link Error?
Nami 
n00b

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm   Link Error?

I have several links on Yarold's Link exchange. There is one link in particular that I have left open in the link exchange, history, and dynasty exchange. My points have been draining accordingly, but I have not been receiving the views. This is unusual. My other links are and have been working fine. I replaced another link with the link in question and it hasn't worked. The previous link in the same slot worked fine.

I turned on a click limit. This verified that people have indeed been clicking my link. I set a limit for 300. The link had 55 clicks left. This link has been up for nearly three days... yet it says that it has had a total of 13 views. This is most definitely not the case. By now, it should have closer to 1300 views. This is the only link I have a problem with. On my profile, it shows up as [link removed]

This is the link where the statistical data can be found. (The game is Dragon Cave.)
[link removed]

Is there a way that the link could perhaps be reset? I haven't done anything particularly different with this link opposed to my other links.
Last edited by Metalteo on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:41 pm   

Do not post your links in the forums, unless it's really needed and even then use code tags.

These link are egg killer links, be glad you didn't get too many clicks on them when they are your links.

When clicks aren't registered in your game, you should check your link, see if you didn't make a mistake with the url.
Or else contact your game admin, we don't know why clicks don't count in your game.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 pm   

There have been problems recently with Dragon Cave not loading properly due to server problems at DC. At least DC seems to be working much better today than it has been in the past couple weeks at least.

When the page doesn't load properly at the game server, the click on that link still counts against your credits as long as the link URL passed successfully through the link exchange here.

Nami 
n00b

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:01 am   

One is an egg killer link. The other is not.

If it were the case of the page not loading, wouldn't that affect my other Dragon Cave links as well? I have another link very similar to that one posted... It works. I'm only having problem with one link. It has been a persistent problem for days. The error started when I replaced an existing link with the current one. As I said, the link I replaced worked fine in that slot. How would it be that my other links work fine and this link doesn't work at all? Not a single view or click works.

The purpose of this thread is because I believe an error occurred when I replaced a link. I would like for it to be either fixed or reset.

Edit:

I had a friend test the link. This is what happened when he tried it:
Quote:
It took awhile but then it said, "Network timeout. The Server is taking too long to respond."

I looked down at the bottom of the frame and it said, "Your click has counted". I pressed "Try Again" - no luck. I clicked "Refresh".

Next screen said, "You have already visited this link. Click here to visit again." So, I clicked and finally loaded your link.

The link was added elsewhere on Yarold's and there were no problems. I still believe there was an error that occurred when I replaced the link... but I suppose that this matter may not be looked into further anyway.

I'm going to delete the link and try adding it anew. I suspect that may fix the problem.

Reply to topic