SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Hiding Links
bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 pm   Hiding Links

firstly i like the idea that you cannot click other links whilst you are not showing a link, however, it would be even better if a time limit were added to this, maybe 1 hour before they can click after showing a link, even 20 minutes would be good.

i am just so sick and tired of those that hide there links, and now they can still hide that link whilst they are not online but then come online at happy hour and get 300+ clicks whilst showing there link and giving up perhaps 150 links.

tell me your thoughts please, it would be interesting to hear what others have to say on this.

and if it could be implemented.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:50 pm   

Its a link exchange, that means you share links with each other, you give and you get.
My opinion is, the hidden option dos not belong to yarolds.

♥ Ferrari ♥

ratchet freak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:38 am   

remember that there are games out there where you can't get more then x clicks a day

if you disable hiding they'll have to find other link exchanges to fully get back what they give

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:55 am   

There are probably enough links in the main link exchange section to satisfy their needs so why join a dynasty?

They do drag down dynasties if they hide a link , firstly if they just click either a few a day or very few days and secondly other dynasty/ally members have no link to click

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:34 am   

that is right it is a link exchange but some people only need x amount of clicks per day..like me needing only 600 clicks per day and i usually get them in under 12 hours....so i shouldnt hide my link and waste 12 hours of credits?..if you dont like that people come on for so called happy hour and eat all your credits there is a simple way to fix that....dont show extra links

bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 am   

ratchet freak wrote:
remember that there are games out there where you can't get more then x clicks a day

if you disable hiding they'll have to find other link exchanges to fully get back what they give

i see your point,

but then an option should be to then only take a certain amount over and above what you can recieve

perhaps

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 am   

Hidden links can be clicked in history.

so whenever they've clicked your link, you can click theirs in history.

ratchet freak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:23 pm   

^not if they are vips

DashaBlade 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:36 pm   

What's the point in being a VIP if people can't hide their links?

I mean, seriously - if the ability to do so is removed, I'll just be deleting all but one link from my profile, because some of my links don't *need* 400 clicks a day. Some sites limit the number of clicks per day that get credited to a user, so we'd see a lot of those disappearing from people's profiles if they have to waste 400 credits just to get the 50 clicks they want.

Jeroen 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 am   

don't forget happy hours.. you'll hurt dynasty average if you can't hide 8 happy hour links..

yvonne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:37 am   

if you don't want out of your credits their are 2 options 1 buy a vip account or 2 don't set links with happy hour.
It's your own choice

follydoll 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 am   

yvonne wrote:
if you don't want out of your credits their are 2 options 1 buy a vip account or 2 don't set links with happy hour.
It's your own choice

VIP cannot be purchased. Making a contribution monetary or otherwise that benefits the site *may* get you VIP status if it is deemed worthy.

VIP, etc. Status

As far as dynasties and hidden links go, it is up to your Emperor to decide whether or not hidden links benefit or harm your dynasty. GoldGryphon has been kind enough to not ride me about limits/hiddens while I handle my real life health. Am I detriment to the dynasty while I manage links here carefully because I cannot be here 24/7 at them moment? Thankfully, my emperor doesn't think so.

Reply to topic