FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
VACATION FOR ALL
Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:19 am   

Schneeschaf wrote:
I was also really worried about this. I'll be out of town for a couple days around Christmas (not sure what days though; i actually celebrate solstice, but my parents celebrate Christmas so i'll go to see them sometime around that time, if not Christmas day). I was afraid i'd be the only one not active here and everyone would hate me, lol. Good to know others are thinking about this too. I guess i support it, but as long as everyone just understands we can't all be active during that time, that's good enough.

I'll be sure to only have one link and only show it to the dynasty so hopefully i won't get negative credits. I wish i was VIP so i could hide it from history too though. It's stupid that i can't do it now just because i'm not VIP. :roll:

you are vip now, read your mail please :wink:

Roman 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:00 am   

I also find the idea of minh a very good one :)

Schneeschaf 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 am   

Ferrari wrote:
you are vip now, read your mail please :wink:

Thank you (again). :mrgreen: You may disregard my whining then. XD

Although i still think it's silly. Don't they realize it's the newbies who need to guard their credits the most, since they often don't have as many? :neutral:

minh-phuoc 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:35 am   

Thanks for everyone's support. :mrgreen:
I just think that almost all of members here have the same worrying on this, so there must be a solution for us. Hopefully admins can consider again abt this problem.
And Yarold is sure not only an exchange site, but it became Yarold game also, average game. If not, all of dyns are trying for what? And Yarold contest is for what? :smile:
My best wishes for all,
Minh Phuoc

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:52 pm   

:!: I suport this idea too :smile:

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:02 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Not a good idea at all. If it was to be implemented, then other holidays could/should be asked for as well. Remember its a link exchange not an average game?

You are so out of date that it sounds unbelievable that you would make this comment as you are one of the most notorious Dynasty players.Are we to believe that you actually believe that?Even if you are a pagan or something and do not celebrate Christmas then give yourself a break and celebrate the New Year drinking with some friends rather than waiting for the 00.00 Happy Hour.
I'm for the Happy New Year Hour. Great idea Minh and Happy Christmas.

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:46 am   

That's a great idea. Even though i'm not travelling anywhere, it will be good for everyone that goes away from a computer screen to celebrate holidays. I give my support.

activist wrote:

Even if you are a pagan or something and do not celebrate Christmas then give yourself a break and celebrate the New Year drinking with some friends rather than waiting for the 00.00 Happy Hour.

00:00 New year Happy hour is still 21:00 on my country, so i'll participate even on that day LOL(as long as site is on)

Quido 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 am   

Metalteo wrote:
If we've to freeze everything, no avg drop, no credits lose, no negatives. We would have to take down the whole site.

But that wouldn't be a problem, since all our games go on holiday too.

So You can create a special Xmas gift :razz: - cliks should be counted as usually, but no changes to averages will be made at 7am (just "copy the value from yesterday")

Tuleria 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:44 pm   

This is a very good idea Minh! For these you are going on holidays,so they don't miss their credits,and their average not going down!
I am not going anyplace this year...so I will click like usual!

Merry christmas and happy new year!

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
Not a good idea at all. If it was to be implemented, then other holidays could/should be asked for as well. Remember its a link exchange not an average game?

Agreed, not a good idea to me!

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm   

filmore wrote:
DemonicJ wrote:

Agreed, not a good idea to me!

Yes, do it for one holiday, then people will expect it for every major holiday they celebrate & where will that end??

For years we have dealt with it (Xmas, easter, july 4th, other significant international & national holidays) & rebuilt after the break if needed, no-one complained about it then.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ehryn 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 pm   

Well, I think a 'vacation' system should be implemented, but it should be optional. As in, you should be able to suspend your account for a determined number of days (you choose from, say, 1, 2, 5, 10, etc etc) and if you log in your vacation would be lost.

We have a system like this on FRP, and each member is given a certain number of days of vacation they can take each month, and if they come back before their vacation time is over they lose the remaining 'booked' days :3

Or something, I don't know :lol:

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:36 pm   

Ehryn wrote:
Well, I think a 'vacation' system should be implemented, but it should be optional. As in, you should be able to suspend your account for a determined number of days (you choose from, say, 1, 2, 5, 10, etc etc) and if you log in your vacation would be lost.

We have a system like this on FRP, and each member is given a certain number of days of vacation they can take each month, and if they come back before their vacation time is over they lose the remaining 'booked' days :3

:shock:

Ehryn 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 am   

filmore, what exactly is that supposed to mean? If my post is confusing, say so and I'll try and make it clearer, or are you just being facetious?

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:40 am   

DemonicJ said " no-one complained about it then."
It is not a complaint,it is a request.A very nice and polite request.
As has been pointed out,this is no longer just a links site as in previous years and Christmas times. It has grown much bigger than the mickey mouse [sorry ad-mins] site it used to be.
It is now its own game and as other games take a break it is only a progression of this site that it follows suit.
If a break is given for the hundreds of people that wish it then just live with it and as i said have a drink with some friends at midnight on the NEW YEAR HAPPY HOUR.

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am   

Ehryn wrote:
filmore, what exactly is that supposed to mean? If my post is confusing, say so and I'll try and make it clearer, or are you just being facetious?

I click links in my "free" time.. I'm not seeing it as a job as I already have one full-time one and I do not expect to have a "day's off" at a links-exchange site.

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 am   

Ex-links-exchange site. It is now a fully fledged Gaming Site for Gamers. Utopia is a links-exchange but i can see NO WAY that you can call them the same thing. You must agree with that or you are in a time-warp. :roll:

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:18 am   

I agree that Yarolds is more than a "Exchange Site" but having "days of vacation" is going a bit too far in my opinion!

I don't mind being in a time-warp, actually I'd love it :)

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:25 am   

If someone will do the math then sure.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:55 am   

Ehryn wrote:

I actually like the idea of an "optional" holiday system, where by you have 'x' days a year available to use. I dont however support a mandatory break as was earlier suggested.

Activist yes it was asked for politely & nicely, granted, making it a slanging match & telling others what to do or that they live in a time warp is not polite, nice or constructive to the suggestion. Not all games will be down over XMas either.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic