SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
I like the new changes!
MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 pm   I like the new changes!

OK, I'm sure there will be many who disagree with me, but I, for one, like the new changes.

For those obsessed with dynasty averages, they are still there and you can still sort by them!

But I think most of us have known, and recent events have highlighted, that dynasty averages, while fun to try to increase, aren't the true measure of a dynasty's greatness. The founders of We do not CARE have felt for a while that averages were silly, and preferred to increase our membership and provide good links to allies rather than whittle down low clickers just to increase our average.

Here is what I think is VERY GOOD about the new system:
    * Yarolds is a CLICK EXCHANGE. The reward system should be based on how well you click. VIP, for example, is awarded for 60000 total clicks. This rewards the dynasty that clicks the most.

* The leaderboard is much more reactive on a day-to-day basis. Previously, any day's clicks would only affect your personal average by a factor of at most 10%, and then those personal averages would then affect the dynasty average by the same small factor. This led to very slowly changing dynasty averages. A dynasty could be on top, not click at all for a whole day, and still be on top!

* Dynasty size is rewarded along with clicking well. The two go hand in hand. I don't think there is much argument that RMV deserves their spot at the top.

* There is no incentive to kick low-average newbies. There is more incentive to take on new members... they can only help your daily clicks! This should stop the constant cycle of dropping newbies at reset and make it a lot friendlier to newcomers.

* THere is more of a reward for proper dynasty management by the emp. They must try to recruit as many high clickers as they can, or balance that with low clickers who provide multiple links... and they are not punished for recruiting. They must choose allies carefully to allow all their members the most opportunity to click.

It will also hopefully bring together a lot of the smaller dynasties and stop a lot of the splitting off that was done after the last big change.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:06 am   Re: I like the new changes!

MUSHpark wrote:
OK, I'm sure there will be many who disagree with me, .....

Sorry, that I have to disagree with you ^^ because:

I agree 100% to your posting :mrgreen:

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:23 am   

I disagree and wish to have it known I would like any dynasty with less than 55 members called an "anti-dynasty".

The next change should calculate the average inside leg measurement of all members with-in a dynasty, multiplied by the number of children they have, divided by the daily consumption of cups of coffee.(I never drink coffee so obviously that's good for me) :wink:

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:26 am   

turdkey wrote:
The next change should calculate the average inside leg measurement of all members with-in a dynasty, multiplied by the number of children they have, divided by the daily consumption of cups of coffee.(I never drink coffee so obviously that's good for me) :wink:

*lol*
Well a division by 0? Hmm.... :mrgreen:

DashaBlade 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:34 am   

turdkey wrote:

Ooh. Since I drink about one cup of coffee a week, that means mine would be divided by about .14, which means it'd be multiplied by about 7. I'm in.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:50 pm   

Eurul wrote:
turdkey wrote:

*lol*
Well a division by 0? Hmm.... :mrgreen:

Having realised.that coffee could be considered hard drugs that part of the equation should be removed (he says trying to hide his mistake, it was early, I'm not as young as I once was etc) I think it would be best to include only members with the real life initials D.A M.

All the above subject to change for the right financial incentives.

yvonne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm   

haha turdkey when they do it with coffee and childs i can make the dyn average alot higher so let them do :P

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:57 pm   

Have you seen the poll yvonne?

Yarold is denying us this option and I think it is a conspiracy.

Reply to topic