SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
wow
bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:26 am   

one good change so far is that if you dont have a link showing then you cannot click on other links

Regent Adelaide Hotel, Torquay, United Kingdom

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 am   

Jeanne wrote:
OMG what about the alliances? who can remember who they had as allies?

i remember some of my allies, but not all... and not all allies are back yet, either.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:33 am   

There is no reason to stress. *hands out cookies*
We will just all sit tight, wait for Stan to wake up and hope he has a recent back up. :)

DashaBlade 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 am   

bailey wrote:
one good change so far is that if you dont have a link showing then you cannot click on other links

Except that's not really true. I had one link, showing only in dynasty and nowhere else (not main or history), and I still clicked all the main page links before rejoining my dynasty. So, even though I didn't have a dynasty, the system let me click.

mexelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 am   

Wow I sure was shocked to see that I suddenly didn't belong to a dynasty...
Although it seems like many of the dynasty emps have re-created their dynasties already.

Beerknurd 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 am   

I was scared at first... I thought I got booted from my dynasty... lol

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 am   

I got scared too - thought I'd done something with snaplink to boot all and leave but i didn't remember being on the dyn page so how??

sebastopol-ca 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:59 am   

Must be the full moon :razz:

Mogman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:40 am   

I'm reading from a few people that this is the site owners fault and that there is a backup to restore from and blah blah blah... I'm wondering a) where are these people getting their info from? b) wheres the announcement explaining what is up so that not all of us are left scratching our heads and c) why did it happen in the first place?

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 am   

Personally, I think it may be a blessing that we all start fresh, especially if clicking is the way to advance now, instead of averaages. This puts all of us on a level playing field. I kinda hope there won't be a restoration of the old..........so we can all start the same! Just my opinion!

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 am   

i kinda agree with cheryl here. a fresh start migth be a good thing afterall. the dynasty's are re-building, and allies are finding each other again.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:57 am   

Some dynasties are years old, im sure they dont want to start again

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:02 am   

i booted someone just before reset and then thought i had booted myself, shock to then see that there were no dynasties, at that stage.....

i am clicking now otherwise with the 24hr rule it then gets too late to click them all

Regent Adelaide Hotel, Torquay, United Kingdom

MarkoFaca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:38 am   

Twilight zone?! :D

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 am   

Cheryl wrote:
Personally, I think it may be a blessing that we all start fresh, especially if clicking is the way to advance now, instead of averaages. This puts all of us on a level playing field. I kinda hope there won't be a restoration of the old..........so we can all start the same! Just my opinion!

Logical as I do not agree that we have so much work to be reduced by 1 and now it does not count?
That would not be fair!

[ Added: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:50 am ]
DemonicJ wrote:

I also think!

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:06 am   

jassej wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

Logical as I do not agree that we have so much work to be reduced by 1 and now it does not count?
That would not be fair!

DemonicJ wrote:

I also think!

You are right, both of you. It wouldn't be fair after all the work we have done, and for the dynasties that have been around forever.......but I kinda wonder if that was the reasoning behind all the dynasties being deleted. I am fine either way, I just hope we all get our people back and our alliances back. I hope I didn't offend anyone for my comment. I didn't mean to if I did, and I apologize if I came across wrong. I am tired, it is 3 am, but I don't have a shogun online that can watch the dynasty and get everyone back in!

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:08 am   

I do not mind starting over numbers wise but my dynasty is VERY old and we want it and our allies back.. so we made a temp one to have people come home to till its fixed.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 am   

Cheryl wrote:
jassej wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

That would not be fair!

DemonicJ wrote:

I also think!

You are right, both of you. It wouldn't be fair after all the work we have done, and for the dynasties that have been around forever.......but I kinda wonder if that was the reasoning behind all the dynasties being deleted. I am fine either way, I just hope we all get our people back and our alliances back. I hope I didn't offend anyone for my comment. I didn't mean to if I did, and I apologize if I came across wrong. I am tired, it is 3 am, but I don't have a shogun online that can watch the dynasty and get everyone back in!

I welcome any proposal, whether it's good or bad for me! Only then can we make our contribution for improvements, there is no reason for apologized :wink:

[ Added: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am ]
And any request from our ally, we accepted!

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 am   

anyone have an idea yet if this is indeed permanent, or if it can be turned back to how it was?

have been doing some thinking, and for me, i don't mind either way, but i can imagine that the dynasty's that where the first on yarolds want to go back to how it was.

a new start means all the work that has been done is gone, and for the ones that had a high average that they worked for, its not fair that they loose all of their hard work.

on the other side, all start at the same level now, and can build up their average to the top again.

it has been done, and i am sure it can be done again, especially now i see the dynasty's are building up again, and allying each other again.

i kinda am trying to see both sides, hope no-one minds.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 am   

One would think that if the elimination of dynasties was done on purpose, there would have been an official notice that it was going to happen. My thinking is that it was an unintended problem that developed from the changes earlier in the day resulting from the changes made to how dynasty averages are done.

Hopefully the site can be reset.

Reply to topic