SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
full 24 hours and still no links.
alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:14 am   full 24 hours and still no links.

For multiple days in a row JinAkago has not had many links to click. There are very few links appearing. No one uses her computer and it is the same computer that she has had from the beginning. Would like to get this fixed ASAP! She wants to click on the links. Keep in mind a couple of weeks ago she was beating me every day on clicks!!! But when very few show up she can not do that. I went to the chat room first and asked and they said to report it here.

Alkaid Bear

PS: Jinakago is in the Positive Credits Dynasty

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 am   

Is she sharing an IP with someone else? It sounds like it. If she is clicking from the same IP as another member then the links are shared. Both people don't get the same links to clicks. First in gets to click the link.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 am   

purplemkayel wrote:
Is she sharing an IP with someone else? It sounds like it. If she is clicking from the same IP as another member then the links are shared. Both people don't get the same links to clicks. First in gets to click the link.

Yes Jinakago is using thew same IP as someone else

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jinakago 
n00b

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:53 pm   

Thanks for reportin' it Alkaid. I finally got an account made for here.

DemonicJ: Can you tell me who I'm sharing it with? And is there any way to deal with this?

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm   

well alkaidbear should stay outta of your account or both of you will get a ban

alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:49 pm   

ok we checked by making sure we both had the same link showing JinAkago, my daughter, clicked it and the link disappeared on my accout as well. this was not done on purpose. We both have our own computers at the house. What can we do to fix this problem???????

EDIT: cheecked IP addresses

Alkaid Bear 192.168.0.109
JinAkago 192.168.0.103

So as you can see we do not have the same IP address
Last edited by alkaidbear on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Jinakago 
n00b

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm   

Yes, we both have our own accounts, and own computers running off the same internet.

This is mine.
This is Alkaid's.

Edit: Until this problem is solved, we plan to spilt the links. There are over 600 in our dynasty, so we can both get 300 without issues. I don't partiularly wish to see either of us banned, being that it isn't either of our faults.

Edit2: Alright, I went in to command propt, my IP is 192.168.0.103. I did the same on Alkaid's computer and its 192.168.0.109. While they are similar, the last three are different. I don't see why its seeing us as the same IP address.

alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:14 pm   

Wolverines, That would not be fair. We both set up our own account. We checked our IP addresses on this side and we show two different IP's. Is there anything that can be done on that side? See earlier post for IP addresses.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:22 pm   

alkaidbear wrote:
ok we checked by making sure we both had the same link showing JinAkago, my daughter, clicked it and the link disappeared on my accout as well. this was not done on purpose. We both have our own computers at the house. What can we do to fix this problem???????

JinAkago 192.168.0.103

Those IP's are from your own network, those are not the IP addresses you use to go on the internet.

Outside your own network, you share same IP.

There's nothing we can do about that. Amost all the games on the site only allow 1 click per IP.

alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
alkaidbear wrote:

JinAkago 192.168.0.103

Those IP's are from your own network, those are not the IP addresses you use to go on the internet.

Outside your own network, you share same IP.

There's nothing we can do about that. Amost all the games on the site only allow 1 click per IP.

So what do you do in a situation like this one?

Grandpa 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 pm   

I read your support request - it's similar to another that was posted a month ago.

http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4330

What I think they mean is that you guys share your router IP to anybody outside your home network - They can tell that you're not 1 person trying to use two accounts - so they won't ban you - but - the system is set up to keep track of clicks according to your shared router IP address. They won't (can't) fix the problem - so you're going to share the total possible number of clicks - that's the downside. Read the link I gave you above and see if that is what you think it means too - the admins here aren't very good at explaining things (not trying to be critical :oops: ) but I'm pretty sure this is what it means.

I'm trying to think of ways to help - but I know it won't help much. I can't speak for the mods but what I can do is watch the number of credits you have or if either of you ever get low - let me know and I'll transfer credits -- I have more than I need. Another possible "solution" is for one of you to leave our dynasty and join another to reduce the number of "shared" dynasty links you have to choose from. As emp, I don't like that idea but thought I'd mention it.

~Grandpa

(To Metalteo, If my explanation or thoughts are wrong - please correct me and no offense meant when I say things are tough to explain sometimes. We don't expect you to teach about sub-net masks or home networking and appreciate the good job you're doing.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:02 am   

i was just stating that if you keep going into each account checking stuff one or both might be banned..come to forum or chat instead of other account..might be just checking to help someone but when someone else see it, it gets thought of a multi account...

Jinakago 
n00b

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:27 am   

@Wolverines: *facepalm* We didn't go into each others accounts. I went onto her computer and used Windows command prompt (which has nothing to do with the site) and typed IPconfig to see what it said her IP was.

I mean no offence here, but maybe you should make sure you fully understand the situation before saying someone could be banned. Obviously, we aren't using more then one account per person, and therefore aren't breaking the rules.

Saying someone could get banned for doing nothing wrong (and the way you put it, it sounded like one or both of us could be banned and even if we tried to do something about it, we would be treated as if we broke the rules when we didn't) can easily cause them to get very snippy with you, and put a bad taste in their mouth for the authority of this site in general.

I'm not trying to be rude, or insultive. But none the less, the way you talked made you seem uncaring towards those your serving as a Mod to. 'Stay out of her account or you'll be banned'. That's all you said in your first post here when we came to this part of the forum attempting to get assistance. Its very offsetting to hear something like that from one such as yourself who is suppose to be solving the problems people are having. [/this wall of text brought to you by the fact that I am not afraid to speak what's on my mind.]

@Grandpa and Metalteo: Thank you very much for the help. Yes, we are on the same router, so that would indeed be the problem. We've figured out a way to solve this, and it was actually the suggestion you gave Grandpa.

alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 am   

We do not have to go into each others account to check things. We live in the same house. We just have to ask each other if we are having problems!!!!!!

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:13 am   

I have a stupid solution Jinakago !

Change your service provider to one who uses non static IP's I think that would work.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:10 pm   

alkaidbear wrote:
We do not have to go into each others account to check things. We live in the same house. We just have to ask each other if we are having problems!!!!!!

There's nothing you've done wrong, or any reason to think you've broken our rules.

alkaidbear 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:33 pm   

trudkeyy we can not change providors it is the only one in our area right now that is broadband.

I decided to fix the problem myself. since my daughter had the account first i dropped off. I transfered all of my credits to my daughter and she will be the only one on the site. So now there is only one person using the IP address and wolverines you can..... no I will not finish that thought!!!! If I can not say something nice I will not say anything at all!

Reply to topic