SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Not yet banned...but probably will be!
Katewolven 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 am   Not yet banned...but probably will be!

I have not been banned, but I think I might be after reading further in the forums. If someone could respond when they get a chance I would appreciate it :) . Also I moved this from the ABUSE forum as I realized it probably didn't belong there. THANKS!

I think I may have unknowingly broken the rules. I have 2 children (13 and 15 yrs old), that have thier own scrolls on Dragon Cave, I also have my own scroll. I require that my children find a way to raise their own "baby dragons". When I found this site, I spent a few days figuring out how it works, eventually joined a dynasty, and then allowed my kids to sign up for thier own accounts here.

The problem comes in because we are on a home network (4 comps on the network) and I think we might have the same IP address. I am at home all day and able to click links during the day, my children are in school. I noticed they don't seem to have the same links I do even though I encouraged them to join the same dynasty I am in. When I discovered this, I logged onto my son's comp and verified we had the same links available, but then when I went back to my comp and clicked the links, they then showed as already clicked on his comp.

Can someone direct me on how to fix this? I don't want to violate the rules, however I want my children to be able to care for thier own scrolls. They are old enough to learn responsibility!

If there is no way to correct this can someone help me shut down the other accounts? Some ideas for getting them another way to click would be great too!

CoCo 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 pm   

Hmm..I can't help you out with the other accounts or anything about that, but on the Dragcave forum there is a post with a huge list of places where you can help your babies grow.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:47 pm   

you can show your kids links in your account and no problems at all but if multi account from same ip will be a problem

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 pm   

quote from Yarolds site rules:((code of conduct))

Quote:
Do not make multiple accounts. Only one per person is allowed.

not sure if i understand it right, but the way i read it, it says one per person, not one per ip. can someone clarify this a bit more?

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Dannic2002 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:14 pm   

That is true, but the problem might be is that if 4 people from one family will share one IP which might make the admins think that one person has multiple accounts.

It is an admin decision.

Dan

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 pm   

u can post more than 1 link per account no question asked at all.....but if you have more than one account than that isnt allowed....

for example i was gone for a week and i gave me link to a friend and she ran it with no problems at all....

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:04 pm   

yes, wolverines, one can have more links on one account, but in this case katewolven only has one account: her own. however her computer is part of a small home network. and on that network, two mote people ( her children) also have one account each.

so, in short we have 3 people, each having one account on yarolds, but they probably have the same ip, since even if each has their own computer, they are on the same network. now the main questions is: allowed, or not?

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:16 pm   

no that is consider multi accounts

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:25 pm   

then they should chance it in the code of conduct, because the way it reads (to me, at least) is one per person, not one per ip or one per household.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 pm   

It is not considered multi accounts.
It its quite normal for family to play web games, and use link exchange.
You dont need to close other accounts, and everyone can use them as before.
Thers a big diffrence in behavior when accounts are used by 1 and 4 people, thats why you souldnt be worried about your account.

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm   Re: Not yet banned...but probably will be!

Katewolven wrote:
The problem comes in because we are on a home network (4 comps on the network) and I think we might have the same IP address. I am at home all day and able to click links during the day, my children are in school. I noticed they don't seem to have the same links I do even though I encouraged them to join the same dynasty I am in. When I discovered this, I logged onto my son's comp and verified we had the same links available, but then when I went back to my comp and clicked the links, they then showed as already clicked on his comp.

This is the problem guys ;/ it is possible that there has been something to help prevent multy accounts, that each link is only available to an ip address once per day, not the account. Just guessing here really.. would be to prevent multy accounts(greedy people creating new accounts) as they said, but your case is different, not multy accounts..

This is a unclear problem however, I would advise using screenshots or a video to help the admins understand exactly.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:44 pm   Re: Not yet banned...but probably will be!

mrpoey wrote:
This is a unclear problem however, I would advise using screenshots or a video to help the admins understand exactly.

Im sure that admins already understand this clearly, no need for screenshots/videos.

Saendelft 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:34 am   

I think that the present system works well: it is possible to have several people in one household, each one with his/her own account but using the same computer or network.

The rule: "only one account per person" is very clear.

Admin does a fantastic job in allowing several people in one household to have their own account while at the same time filtering out and ban those who just pretend and try to have multiple accounts!

Katewolven 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 pm   

I do appreciate all the responses from everyone. We have worked it out so that my son's scroll is on my mom's account and my daughter's on mine. I did not want to get banned (this was before Yarold answered me) so just in case we changed things :) .

I did notice however that when my daughter would come home and click and my son would click, there were no links left for me! I now allow my kids 30 mins per day each at my computer to click links. That way we all have one account they get to learn some responsibility AND I don't have to worry about doing anything wrong! Whew, took some time but I think we got it.
Thank You everyone, esp Yarold for making, and maintaining such a wonderful site!

Reply to topic