SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Mail Limitations
Grandpa 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 pm   Mail Limitations

Greetings,

One of the problems that I am having is trying to effectively communicate with the members my dynasty. We've recently been given a forum of our own and that helps but not everybody has discovered how to use that function well. I don't want to complain that my members are too lazy to look at it because that is simply not the case. They're new is all.

Granting Emperors the ability to send mail to members as they join would help. I do understand that increasing the option for everybody would result in increased spam but think that Emperors could (should) be trusted to not abuse it.

Cordially yours,
~Grandpa

Roman 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 pm   Re: Mail Limitations

Hi!

I absolutely agree with you. But please also for Shoguns!

I am always in contact with most of our memebrs and sometimes i want to write someone but can´t because of the limit.

Thanxs

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:24 pm   

What are the current limitations? How much mails saved at all and how much in each section?

rikiki 
Gamer God

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:38 pm   

I have 20 for sentbox and 80 for inbox(most probably old one get purged by themselves, not sure, didn't really take notice) and you can only have 15 messages for outbox.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:38 pm   

rikiki wrote:
I have 20 for sentbox and 80 for inbox(most probably old one get purged by themselves, not sure, didn't really take notice) and you can only have 15 messages for outbox.

And the 15 for Outbox are the biggest problem. I don't really care for Inbox and Sentbox.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 pm   

Eurul wrote:
rikiki wrote:

And the 15 for Outbox are the biggest problem. I don't really care for Inbox and Sentbox.

Yes i have also problems with the 15 in outbox.
I don't know if i delete the outbox , is the message than also delete in the inbox from the other person?

rikiki 
Gamer God

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
Eurul wrote:
rikiki wrote:

Yes i have also problems with the 15 in outbox.
I don't know if i delete the outbox , is the message than also delete in the inbox from the other person?

Yes, it is deleted. I've also noticed that if the other person delete the message I send to him/her that she read it already and is in sentbox, mine in sentbox is also deleted. At first I was quite confused that mails that I sent disappear and wondered if I send it at all or not.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 pm   

maybe a special thing for emp where they can mass message everyone in their dynasty..

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:47 pm   

I'd like to be able to mass message my shoguns, at the least.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:04 am   

Quote:
Yes, it is deleted. I've also noticed that if the other person delete the message I send to him/her that she read it already and is in sentbox,mine in sentbox is also deleted. At first I was quite confused that mails that I sent disappear and wondered if I send it at all or not.

When you send mail at first it is in your outbox and receipient inbox.
When mail is opened a copy of mail is made, so now 1 is in recipient inbox (no longer as new) and one in sender sent box.
So recipient cant delete mail without reading it, or delete it from outbox.

All boxes are checked if they exced any limit, if so oldest mail is deleted.

Limits are there to prevent sending mass mails lik ' 'd you like to join our dynasty '
Quote:
[..] increased spam but think that Emperors could (should) be trusted to not abuse it
unfortunatly only they send that kind of mails.

DashaBlade 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 am   

Couldn't it be set up so that emperors can exceed the limit only if they're sending mails to dynasty members? Or is it too hard to code that into the system.

Maybe there could be a set limit for mails to anyone, and then another limit for in-dynasty mails?

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:29 am   

Great Idea DashaBlade!!!!

G.A.F.F.E.Y 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:09 pm   

I hate it when it says my mail box is full!! It takes for ever to delete! You should put a mark all button or something.

GAFFEY

..............G.A.F.F.E.Y..............

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 am   

i want to add my yes, please increase the outbox to this. mine is full, at this moment, and i have one more mail to send.. so i have to wait until one mail is opened so i can send it

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Reply to topic