SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Metalteo
Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:06 pm
How Does It Work ?
PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:26 am   How Does It Work ?

I wants to know something about Average. Please tell me some one, how does it work ?

Some one gave me a calculate thought. I am not sure is it ok or not. That calculate was like bellow

Average is 200 today.
And i clicked 300 links.
So, 300 clicked today - 200 average = 100 / 10 = 10
So tomorrow my average will go up by 10 and it will be 210.

Now, my question is, if is it, then why my ave wont up like this way ? yesterday my ave was 231. And i had clicked 1078 links.

So, 1078 - 231 = 847 / 10 = 84.7 ( 84 )

Then, why my ave is 253 today ? it should be, 231 + 84 = 315

If that calculate is ok then why my ave is low every day ? And if that calculate is not correct, then please - some one tell me clearly. So that i can get a proper idea about Ave.

My Another question please :
How yarold counting my clicks ? Is it half of my clicks ? I mean, if i have 1000 clicked then yarold will count my click 500 ? Or what ? I think, not 500. Less then 500.

Thanks every one for your time. If possible, please ans / help me.

P/S : Sorry if this question has been posted at before. I was searching this. But, i did not get my ans anywhere.

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:30 am   

Dynasty clicks only count clicks to dynasty and ally members. Your 1000+ clicks would be the clicks you have done to everyone, including people not in your dynasty or allies.

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 am   Re: How Does It Work ?

PreciouS HearT wrote:
I wants to know something about Average. Please tell me some one, how does it work ?

Some one gave me a calculate thought. I am not sure is it ok or not. That calculate was like bellow

Average is 200 today.
And i clicked 300 links.
So, 300 clicked today - 200 average = 100 / 10 = 10
So tomorrow my average will go up by 10 and it will be 210.

Now, my question is, if is it, then why my ave wont up like this way ? yesterday my ave was 231. And i had clicked 1078 links.

So, 1078 - 231 = 847 / 10 = 84.7 ( 84 )

Then, why my ave is 253 today ? it should be, 231 + 84 = 315

If that calculate is ok then why my ave is low every day ? And if that calculate is not correct, then please - some one tell me clearly. So that i can get a proper idea about Ave.

My Another question please :
How yarold counting my clicks ? Is it half of my clicks ? I mean, if i have 1000 clicked then yarold will count my click 500 ? Or what ? I think, not 500. Less then 500.

Thanks every one for your time. If possible, please ans / help me.

P/S : Sorry if this question has been posted at before. I was searching this. But, i did not get my ans anywhere.

As previously stated, your average is not based on total clicks, but total dynasty clicks. The way the "average" is calculated is;
Code:
newave = GREATEST(((oldave - 1 ) * 9 + dynclickstoday ) / 10)

So if you have an average of 110 and your clicked 230 dynasty clicks today it would be;
Code:
 (((110 - 1 ) * 9 + 230 ) / 10)

This would make your new average; 121

PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:15 pm   

Tidda, its dangerous math lol
My head is messing now.

Anyway, i dont need to know this lol

thanks

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:54 pm   

PreciouS HearT wrote:
Tidda, its dangerous math lol
My head is messing now.

Anyway, i dont need to know this lol

thanks

Okay, I try to give you the easy way to count
your ave is now 253

253 less/minus 1
+ clicks last day
divide 10 = new dynasty ave

then it looks so,

(dyn_ave_yesterday - 1) x 9 + clicks_last_day ) / 10 = new_dyn_ave

PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:49 pm   

Its same too :P hahaha

Now i am under belly dance lol great math hehe
Hmmm, i got it now. so there are no hot cake after 24 hours hard work huh ? lol

thanks every one :)

Lurkily 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:51 pm   

Here's a question I have; how do I find stats on my own performance on the site? I can't seem to find out, for instance, how many clicks I've done, how many times people have clicked my links, how many credits I've made/spent . . . is this accessible anywhere?

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:01 pm   

Lurkily wrote:
Here's a question I have; how do I find stats on my own performance on the site? I can't seem to find out, for instance, how many clicks I've done, how many times people have clicked my links, how many credits I've made/spent . . . is this accessible anywhere?

If you click on "registered members" and type your name into the field. Your current credits, total clicks received and total links clicked will be displayed. Along with your clicks for today. Please note that your clicks done is only updated at reset, when it is added with your total clicks for the day.

Lurkily 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:58 pm   

Thank you much. Dynasty clicks for the day not listed here, I see; it's kind of bothersome to have to skip around to find all this, when it would be very helpful and appropriate in the profile screen.

But then, I'm here to beg for clicks, so I won't whine about the interface I have to do it with. Thanks for the help!

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:08 pm   

TiddaMouse wrote:
The way the "average" is calculated is;
Code:

So if you have an average of 110 and your clicked 230 dynasty clicks today it would be;
Code:

Hm. This gives a lot of weight to your old average and not too much to the new.

Say I start a brand new dynasty, get allies, and click 100 dynasty links every day for 10 days. In theory I'm supposed to have a 100 average by then, right? But it doesn't work that way:
Day 1: average 10
Day 2: average 19
Day 3: average 27
... and so on ...
Day 10: average 63 (yes that's 100 - 100 / e for you math geeks)

Every 10 days you will get 63% of the way closer to your "real" average but just like the guy who always steps halfway to the wall but never there, you will never achieve your true average.

Day 18: average 82... after this according to the formula you will only gain 1 point per day until...

Day 27: average 91

Despite having clicked 100 every day from the beginning, and continuing to do so, you will never get higher than a 91 average.

In general, the dynasty averages are all at least 9 points lower than the "true" consistent click rate of their members, and instead of taking 10 days, it takes 27 days to get there.

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:25 pm   

MUSHpark wrote:
TiddaMouse wrote:
The way the "average" is calculated is;
Code:

Code:

Hm. This gives a lot of weight to your old average and not too much to the new.

Say I start a brand new dynasty, get allies, and click 100 dynasty links every day for 10 days. In theory I'm supposed to have a 100 average by then, right? But it doesn't work that way:
Day 1: average 10
Day 2: average 19
Day 3: average 27
... and so on ...
Day 10: average 63 (yes that's 100 - 100 / e for you math geeks)

Every 10 days you will get 63% of the way closer to your "real" average but just like the guy who always steps halfway to the wall but never there, you will never achieve your true average.

Day 18: average 82... after this according to the formula you will only gain 1 point per day until...

Day 27: average 91

Despite having clicked 100 every day from the beginning, and continuing to do so, you will never get higher than a 91 average.

In general, the dynasty averages are all at least 9 points lower than the "true" consistent click rate of their members, and instead of taking 10 days, it takes 27 days to get there.

Yes, there is already a discussion about the way dynasty averages are calculated; http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4051

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.