FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Cheryl
Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 am
MartialLaw
activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:22 pm   MartialLaw

I DID NOT KICK ANYBODY FROM THIS DYNASTY. SOMEBODY ACCESSED MY ACCOUNT. PROBABLY REBECCA OR TOP-CAT FROM RMV. THEY ARE VERY ANGRY THAT I LEFT THEM.I CLICKED 1300 YESTERDAY FOR THIS DYNASTY. WHAT IS BEEN SAID ABOUT ME IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.THANK YOU.

Godafoss 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm   

Easy enough to test. Can an admin look at this guy's IP address and the one who kicked much people?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 pm   

User is logged on a proxy, at the time it happened.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:29 pm   

and does MartianLaw normally use a proxy?
if not, then i think no one would come forward to admitting that he/she had such childish behaviour. So MartialLaw, did you give your password to someone?

fbk-city 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:03 pm   

Of course this was done using proxy - who ever did this knows how to play and manipulate. Now we have only some accusation made by the user, by whom's account some real harm was done. Does emp's even have access to individual users accounts? I.e. would it even be possible, that Top Cat or Rebecca could have done this (which accusation I find very offensive and hard to believe without some real supporting evidence). Evidence required. How did someone (if any) have access to this account? Weren't rules broken already when this has happened? This case simply can not go without consequences. I do not believe the yelling by activist. No matter how rude accusations made, no matter how big letters used. I need simple evidence.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:16 pm   

Not my Dynasty (but we are allies) but my 2 cents:

What he (if it was him) did is not forbidden in Yarolds! Shoguns can end Alliances and can kick Peasants and Daimyos!

It's just, that he broke perhaps the rules of the Dynasty but NOT the rules of Yarolds!
So in my opinion he can not get banned from Yarolds.

For me its just sure that we would never take him as a member in our Dynasty, the rest is up to you ;-)

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 pm   

We are talking here about the case that it wasn't him. I think it is punishable when someone enters other members' accounts and mess up their dynasties.

fbk-city 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:33 pm   

Eurul wrote:
Not my Dynasty (but we are allies) but my 2 cents:

What he (if it was him) did is not forbidden in Yarolds! Shoguns can end Alliances and can kick Peasants and Daimyos!

It's just, that he broke perhaps the rules of the Dynasty but NOT the rules of Yarolds!
So in my opinion he can not get banned from Yarolds.

For me its just sure that we would never take him as a member in our Dynasty, the rest is up to you ;-)

Already the use of proxy is enough to get banned.

Some relevant questions are:

1) Were TopCat and Rebecca logged in during the time this happened (I still find hard to believe that they would have done this and such accusation is really strong).

2) Has the proxy (or even the series) been never used here by anyone and if, by whom.

3) Is MartialLaw usually logged in during the time this happened or is His logging behaviour the same as usually. If not, I must ask why?

4) How many people do You think will just forget, let it be and continue like nothing happened if something is not done?

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:48 pm   

fbk-city wrote:
Already the use of proxy is enough to get banned.

Ok, yes, you are right in this point!

los-gangstas 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:58 pm   

Well I was logged at that time and saw how dynasties get broken and peasants and daimyos kicked but couldn't do nothing. Is really sad. I hope someone will get what he deserve. :???:

Mogman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:17 pm   

IMO it doesn't matter if it was actually MartialLaw that did it or not... If someone else logged into your account theres only 2 possibilities... they hacked your account (not very likely) or you gave them your password (very likely).

Every game I've ever played has always stated not to give out your password to anyone no matter who they are... It just backfires on people too much. Heck, my girlfriend of almost 4 years doesn't know any of the passwords I use.

Thus, I say it doesn't matter who was running the account... it was your bad idea to give someone your password or have a weak (easily hacked) password, not ours.

With all that said I think we should really reconsider what it takes to become a shogun... shogun is essentially a mod/admin position on forums and we are giving it out just because they click enough? Thats like giving someone mod/admin privileges just because they have posted 100+ times...

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:34 pm   

Guys,
what happened, all though not nice, happened. Regardless of who did what, pointing the blame at others will not help. Ultimately I made him a shogun & by default that gives him the power to do that (anyone hearing the call about the extra rank in dynasty & allowing emps to choose what ranks can do what??).

Essentially this is merely another obstacle we will overcome. Last time we lost all our allies we came back. So buckle up, get clicking & forget this even happened!

Remember the phoenix!!

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Mogman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 pm   

Pointing the blame might not help, but it definitely doesn't hurt to know the one person who caused this to happen... Does keeping him/her in the dynasty help? Is the same thing going to happen again if we leave him/her in the dynasty? Right now I'm seeing someone trying to make him/her a daimyo and someone else trying to make him/her a peasant... IMO they shouldn't be allowed back in the dynasty at all.

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:36 am   MartialLaw

O.k. i have stopped yelling,but i was very angry. To clear up some points.1. I asked 5 days ago not to be made a Shogun and 2 days later i was. I do not know why. 2 i do not know how to use proxies and no i was not logged in at the time it happened,i do not even know what time it happened just that i had nothing to do with it. 3.Is my password weak? Well for me it must be as somebody else logged in as me. It is 6 numbers and 1 letter, i thought strong.4. To help Rebecca i set up a couple of accounts for her at exchanges and gave her my password to enter them. It was a long time ago and i never did the same for anybody else. 5.Congratulations on getting number 1 and i am so happy that i could help for a few days. 6. I hope you all believe me,but i know some do not and with that i am leaving the dynasty,i wish you all the best and hope that you stay number 1. Thank You.

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm   

Well, I've gotten a lot of messages about this so I guess I have to defend myself. I didn't do it. I was logged in at the time and was watching the numbers go down in amazement. I also don't use proxies, and I care too much about my account here to even try to get away with something like that (as if I would even know how, I can't even figure out this latest change with how the links work). Do I believe him that his account was hacked? Yes, I do, because I think he was happy being back with MMC. It just wasn't hacked by me.

While it is true that MartialLaw set up a PowerCity site for me many, many months ago, I typed the password in for it once, and now my browser remembers it for me. I never wrote it down or thought twice about it. I have been a very good friend of MartialLaw's since last fall, and didn't even kick him from RMV when he tried to rip it apart. This situation has really saddened me to say the least. That's all I'll say about it.

minh-phuoc 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:44 pm   For your reference only

Hi all,

I’m Minh Phuoc from RMV. First, I’m so sorry for the trouble that happened to MMC.

I exchanged several mails with Rebecca and Top Cat before and after reset time, here’re the picture of my mail box. Hope it can show you something, but I think the most important is not evidence, but the trust between friends here in Yarold, even friends from different dynasties.

Rebecca, TC and I was playing Outcraft that time too, that’s an online game and you can see who are playing. You see, we have not enough time to do such a nonsense thing.

In my own opinion, we have not responsibility to prove or explain anything. Even without any evidence, I believe Rebecca and TC never act like that, they are the best and straightforward persons that I ever known.

Thanks and best wishes for all!
Minh Phuoc

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:55 pm   

haha, thats funny, u send each other the replies for the quizes :D
Haven't thought of that before.

As for the topic, the "pointing fingers" part is inevitable when a mess like that is created, and the accusations were made because the site was entered through a proxy, meaning its someone who doesn't want to be revealed. Anyways, who would hack someone's yarold password?

Mogman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 pm   

I think whats done is done... whoever did it is probably laughing right now saying "mission accomplished"...

I find my quiz answers using google... takes me like 10 seconds to find it usually.

AND My firefox looks so much more customized (and sexy) than the one in that picture :P

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 am   

I am locking this thread, enough has been said, and we just need to move on with being #1!! Thank-you everyone for your hard work in keeping our dynasty #1.

Cheryl

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.