SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
dyn ave

Do you want change in dynasty aves calculation?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 24 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 40 ]
Dunno/Dont care/Whatever
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Voted : 70
Total Votes: 70

Neerie 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 pm   

Wildthing wrote:
I personally think once you click a link on a slot no matter what you put in that slot shouldnt be viewable until the time of the new day 24/hrs whatever you select comes, that would help stop the "inflation" we've seen.

I am ALL for change *votes YES!*

Even though I am very very new to this site, I've already been witness to many exploits to boost one particular dynasty averages, partially by the abuse of the aforementionned. So I totally agree with this.

On a side note however, if we are limited to a max of 14 links total at one time, could it be possible to ALWAYS see the 14 slots in our profile, even if they are empty? Especially if the aforementionned is ever implimented.

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:54 pm   

I am actually shocked so many agree with me, I know my thoughts aren't always so popular.

See happy hour.. thats an interesting idea as well.

On one hand, do we not have enough link slots? I could perhaps offer an apartied soluition of sorts. perhaps one or two link slots designated on this list specifically as happy hour slots. Now you can use them all day if you want, but have it know that if you remove the link frmo it, then you can not replace anything in it at all or can not reenable it until the site resets.

My major concern is the unfair boosting of a dynasty making those who work hard and fair as so many do a worthless endeavour. To be the best you have to beat the best but does cheating to do it?.. or skirting a rule in the CoC I think its unmber 6?.. really.. you know what I mean?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:49 pm   

Wildthing wrote:
I am actually shocked so many agree with me, I know my thoughts aren't always so popular.

On one hand, do we not have enough link slots? I could perhaps offer an apartied soluition of sorts. perhaps one or two link slots designated on this list specifically as happy hour slots. Now you can use them all day if you want, but have it know that if you remove the link frmo it, then you can not replace anything in it at all or can not reenable it until the site resets.

My major concern is the unfair boosting of a dynasty making those who work hard and fair as so many do a worthless endeavour. To be the best you have to beat the best but does cheating to do it?.. or skirting a rule in the CoC I think its unmber 6?.. really.. you know what I mean?

I agree again..

wildthing if I agree with someone, then I say it, I think that is fair.
I know that you normally keep in the background, but I am very glad that you've also seen what happens.
And I am glad that we agree on the fact that this may not happen again.

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 pm   

I call it as I see it and I am desperatly hoping if admin will not recalculate the averages or find a way to do so then please make the link boxes useable in a way they can not be abused *hugs ya*

Chillaxville 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 pm   

I voted No because as others have said it's not clear what changes would be made and why.

I am concerned about the manipulation of dynasty averages though and would be in favour of changes that would reduce this type of activity. I just think we should know in advance what changes are to be made and be allowed to give some feedback about them.

Dingaka 
n00b

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:25 pm   

I vote NO

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:49 pm   

Wildthing wrote:

If you refer to what RMV did to boost their numbers, the question of whether it is a violation of the CoC should have already been answered by admins. It was pointed out to them and because nothing corrective was done it appears it does not violate the CoC. That would leave the same option open to all other dynasties who want to employ such methods. It was discussed by MMC Mob but we have chosen not to employ such methods.

As for happy hour there is nothing wrong with showing extra links for 1 hour in the day. This is not manipulative of the system in any way and has been done on the site long before I ever came here (just reading the forum tells me that).

As for a change in the way dynasty averages are calculated... I do not see why it cannot be based on a 10 day average like our personal averages. I recall the posting here where Metalteo said our personal averages have some weight in the calculation but I do not know the purpose of that. As was said before, knowing how averages for the dynasties are being calculated now would help us determine what kind of change might be best.

los-gangstas 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 pm   

I agree with ppj2005. We would like to know current calculation and what kind of changes you have in mind.

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 am   Vote for no

1. I vote for no. Why should we change, no explenation given?

2. Can someone show me exact the place in the Yarold rules where - what I call cleverness - some others call "manipulation"?

3. Think about why Dynasties are created, it is game, a race a competition. I see some people which are complaining that others have a better strategy. Start to build up your own strategy than to call for rule changes. Putting in 64 links in happy hour is nothing diffrent, than you need to bann this as well.

4. There will always be members not satisfied that things are not running as expected or members which are unsatisfied. Are you going to change each time someone is wining or complaining? I can see many suggestions in the forum, many of them are even not answered. What about them. You could do a poll for each suggestion than.

Cheers
lurchman

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:42 am   

I don't understand how "dynasty aves calculation" is done now, so have no idea what the problem/s with the current "dynasty aves calculation" could be, or what changing it would fix... reading this thread just confuses me.

Is this poll about changing how the dynasty averages are calculated or changing how people are able to build their averages? This would seem to be 2 different things to me.

Is there information somewhere how the dynasty average is calculated?

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm   

This was jut a pool asking if any change is needed in how dyn. ave is calculated.
Curent is calculated by suming all clicks in to dynasty + ally members, then "averaged" over the last 10 days.
I had no idea to what it might be changed at time when poll was created. Now i think it might be omething like change from counting different members insted of different links.

quetions asked here:
Quote:
how the current averages are calculated

simple version is above, for math
Code:
newave = GREATEST(((oldave *9 +clickstoday ) / 10),0)

turrents will be changed, but not yet

Quote:
None of the mentioned above violates the rules/CoC, right?

yes, none violates rules/CoC

Now i think that WT idea is better.
But now i cant take any action as you look at vote result.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm   

Yarold wrote:

You can implement Wildthings idea as it wasnt part of the original question now was it? Nor was there a poll when you changed it last time either

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Neerie 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:46 pm   

Yarold wrote:

I don't actually think the vote results should totally be taken into consideration, especially in WT's idea, mostly because most people who voted NO voted so not because they were against the idea of any change, but because they were not informed of what those changes would be.

los-gangstas 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:05 pm   

I vote NO just because there were no info what changes there will be, but WT's idea is worth of implementation. If there were only conversation you will probably have more idea's. And after that you will have to open poll question's. In that way you will have more precise results.

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:37 pm   

My idea has nothing to do with how an average is calculated Yarold. My idea has with making the site run the way I believe you originally intended and as how it used to be. Back before when you clicked a slot that link slot was "dead" until the day change, no matter what you put in it be it happy hour or not, if you already clicked the slot nothing would appear in it. I plead with you to please consider this and readd it to the site.

it might not be "cheating" persay but it is most definitly abusing a loophole in the code, and it is abusing something I do not belieev you made or coded or intended to be abused.

I can respect that the calculation of averages ight not be changed, but remember my idea was never about how things were changed, only about making them better for the majority.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 am   

Wildthing wrote:
My idea has nothing to do with how an average is calculated Yarold. My idea has with making the site run the way I believe you originally intended and as how it used to be. Back before when you clicked a slot that link slot was "dead" until the day change, no matter what you put in it be it happy hour or not, if you already clicked the slot nothing would appear in it. I plead with you to please consider this and readd it to the site.

it might not be "cheating" persay but it is most definitly abusing a loophole in the code, and it is abusing something I do not belieev you made or coded or intended to be abused.

I can respect that the calculation of averages ight not be changed, but remember my idea was never about how things were changed, only about making them better for the majority.

totally agree once a link spot have been clicked it should be dead until day change like it was before

kito 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 am   

I also agree strongly with this

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 am   

I am totally grateful for your support. I am only hoping that Yarold will give it the consideration it should get because I really feel strongly that the site will better off if he brings this back.

Greasbrough 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 am   

Agree - a link slot once clicked should stay dead for 24hrs regardless of how many different links you put in the slot.

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am   

Hm, that looks good, but only if there are unlimited slots

Reply to topic